CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

So, i see my mod on CKAN list.

Thank you for that.

It's almost right, it managed to recognize the firespitter dependence but there are some minor ones too.

The lock dependencies:

• Firespitter Core (ass it is already)
  • Module Manager (these i don't see in the dependencies list, because i had it already installed)
  • KSPWheel (these i don't see in the dependencies list, because i had it already installed)
  • B9PartSwitch (Is a hard dependency too, without you will not have a lot from the different parts)
  • Smokescreen (for the particles to work, but mod will work without it)

Now the facultative dependencies, but is better with then:

• TAC Life Support (like B9PartSwitch, this one add purpose for some part switches)
  • KAS and KIS (likewise TAC)
  • Remote Tech (the only thing here is that if you have it, omicron antenna will work with it out of the box)

I don't know if i have a way to do it, without asking for help here, or if you guys can manage that.

I will appreciate any return with directives.

Thank you.

Edited by Climberfx

I suspect this error is due to @sarbian's remote store being temporarily unavailable but I cannot resume CKAN despite it saying that the update has failed.  Cancel does not work and clicking on it just makes it turn grey.  Retry stays grey regardless of how long I let it process.  I have to close CKAN to be able to do anything else. Might there be a way to handle this error a little more elegantly and allow the user to continue?

yLKlkhC.jpg

Edited by Brigadier
Added more info

Hey first thx for the amazing work!

Maybe i have a stupid Question but i not found something for this.

So in the filters we have the filter replacebale (ersetzbar)  i am not sure what this means? Can someone explain me please?

Many Thx in advance

Edited by spacehorse

7 hours ago, spacehorse said:

So in the filters we have the filter replacebale (ersetzbar)  i am not sure what this means? Can someone explain me please?

That filter contains any installed modules that have been abandoned and replaced by other modules. So far there are only a few such modules (xScience, NSSC, OSEWorkShopCont, ActsEW, NMSG, B9-PWings-Modified), so the filter will usually be empty.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:06 PM, Brigadier said:

I suspect this error is due to @sarbian's remote store being temporarily unavailable but I cannot resume CKAN despite it saying that the update has failed.  Cancel does not work and clicking on it just makes it turn grey.  Retry stays grey regardless of how long I let it process.  I have to close CKAN to be able to do anything else. Might there be a way to handle this error a little more elegantly and allow the user to continue?

The problem seems to be solved.

lB3w0v8.png

Notice: Source code: n/A

CKAN also shows me this for that mod and asks to reinstall, every day I launch CKANThe following mods have had their data changed since the last update

7 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Notice: Source code: n/A

Yup, garbage-in-garbage-out; this mod formerly had "N/A" entered in the source code field on SpaceDock, fixed recently.

7 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

CKAN also shows me this for that mod and asks to reinstall, every day I launch CKANThe following mods have had their data changed since the last update

I assume you're saying "No" to that prompt?

16 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I assume you're saying "No" to that prompt?

I'm saying no to your assumption. Should I press "Yes"? I meant to ask: Should I click "No"?

Edited by Krzeszny
mistake

14 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Sorry, what does that mean? Have you been clicking Yes or No?

You assumed I said "No" and I said that your assumption was wrong. I've been clicking "Yes". This is from today:

lL7L3XN.png

I'll add that clicking "Yes" doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't show the installation GUI. I've just reinstalled Spectra manually to see if it changes anything... tomorrow. Because this window appears only once a day.

Edited by Krzeszny

Hi All,

Just thought I'd post this in here in case it helps anyone in future:

The old Deprecated version of Probe Control Room is incorrectly labelled as working on any version of KSP.

Installing this version on 1.9.1 removes all of your Probe Cores (Including modded) and also breaks saves containing them,

Installing LinuxGuruGamers continuation (Probe Control Room Recontrolled) works as intended and should be used on versions later than  1.0.4 Judging by the old thread 

Old Thread: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/61250-104wipivaplugin-probecontrolroom-10-beta10a-iva-all-the-things-notsoshaky/

CKAN Wizards, is it possible to amend the version for the deprecated mod from any to 1.0.4

The original author hasnt been active since 2016 so doubt we'd get any confirmation from them

Apologies if posted in the wrong place, i took a look at the FAQ but couldnt spot anything that fits this

48 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

The old Deprecated version of Probe Control Room is incorrectly labelled as working on any version of KSP.

Installing this version on 1.9.1 removes all of your Probe Cores (Including modded) and also breaks saves containing them,

Installing LinuxGuruGamers continuation (Probe Control Room Recontrolled) works as intended and should be used on versions later than  1.0.4 Judging by the old thread 

CKAN Wizards, is it possible to amend the version for the deprecated mod from any to 1.0.4

Thanks for letting us know, I've overridden the max KSP version to 1.2.2 since that's what the release said. I think the thread title just wasn't updated.

@HebaruSan, is there an option to wildcard the $kref property in a netkan file?

I got a few requests to produce a pre-1.8.0 version. I've prepared the binaries and the repo locally, split the necessary files, etc.

I can distribute the same mod version with two archives in a single release: one for pre-1.8.0 KSP, the second one for 1.8.0+. I would prefer the following format: {MODNAME}_vX.X.X-1.7.3-.zip and {MODNAME}_vX.X.X-1.8.0+.zip respectively.

So is it possible to wildcard an archive download link like *-1.7.3-.zip without breaking the mod versioning and creating additional repositories? If it is, then I'll be able to create two separate distributions that lead to the same GitHub repo but different archives. When pre-1.8.0 support is dropped, I'll just file a pull-request to remove the obsolete .netkan file and update the current one.

Thank you!

Edited by atomontage

11 hours ago, atomontage said:

I got a few requests to produce a pre-1.8.0 version. I've prepared the binaries and the repo locally, split the necessary files, etc.

I can distribute the same mod version with two archives in a single release: one for pre-1.8.0 KSP, the second one for 1.8.0+. I would prefer the following format: {MODNAME}_vX.X.X-1.7.3-.zip and {MODNAME}_vX.X.X-1.8.0+.zip respectively.

The tricky thing about backports is that CKAN treats each identifier+version pairing as unique, with one download URL and one set of compatibility values. So if you release vX.X.X for 1.7.3, it would have to be some other vY.Y.Y for 1.8.0. Ideally the resulting versions should be in a sensible ordering, with the 1.7.3 version numbers coming before the ones for 1.8.0. For a mod hosted on GitHub, this means making multiple releases rather than attaching multiple assets to a single release.

This has been encountered a few times by other mods that wanted to release backports, notably KSPInterstellarExtended, which has settled on the convention of releasing X.X.X.1 for old versions and X.X.X.5 for the current version:

For unknown reason, KSPIE (Interstellar Extended) latest version 1.25.15.5 is not available on CKAN despite beeing upload a day ago. Could anyone figure out why?

Edited by FreeThinker

13 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

For unknown reason, KSPIE (Interstellar Extended) latest version 1.25.15.5 is not avaialble on CKAN despite beeing upload a day ago. Could anyone figure out why?

SpaceDock downloads are broken. The team is actively investigating that right now.

9 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

The author is inactive

Not overly so, though:

OfrGeJv.png

And his last two posts were in November, confirming compatibility of two of his other mods:

On 11/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, Ser said:

Verified KSP 1.8.1 compatibility. CKAN also should be updated.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, Ser said:

Verified KSP 1.8.1 compatibility. CKAN also should be updated.

but it seems to be working just fine.

Then again, there's an "experimental" release on dropbox, and users on the thread aren't overly clear about which version they're using when they report it as working.

Let's give Ser some more time to sort this out.

• 2 weeks later...