CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Hi, community.

Is there a way to enable trace/debug logs in CKAN? Suddenly CKAN started to return odd exception on start: Failed to connect to repository. Exception ... . The exception is returned in Russian language but translation is "Can't connect to remote server" CKAN version 1.27.2. Firewall is disabled.

I guess, a mod(s) moved to other location - when I start CKAN on clean KSP instance with no mods installed or on an empty virtual instance - no any exceptions occur. So I need debug/trace logs to catch the broken mod(s).

Yes, I know that there is a way Remove-Mods-One-By-One-Until-Catch_Bad-One. Unfortunately, it is very long way and, instead, I prefer to read trace logs.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ns88ns
fixed typos

As is usual for me I seem to be doing something weird and hence, Im on my own not seemingly walking a well trod path.

(perhaps im just being wrong headed, in what i think my goals are)

I am trying to use Ckan to manage not only all the mods I install from the net, but also any I compile and build locally.

I have seen how Mechjeb2 has a repository dev versions of the code.

I have taken that as my template and made my own local equivalent for any mod/fork I build locally. used handy hints from that like making sure it tells my lcoal Ckan install, that my local mod is incompatible with the public mod its a private fork of.

as hint for anyone who thinks heck yeah I wanna do that: the required by ckan URL's can begin "file://"<pathname> which then gets stuff off the local file system rather than the net.

What I am asking for is guidance about, what minimal things I can update in my  local_mod.ckan   file or the locally built local_mod.zip file stuff that will prompt ckan to download a new copy to the ckan cache.

For most users of ckan that detail left to developers, so ive failed to find that definition in the documents that i read.

At this moment I am trying avoid version spam, for the many small dev cycles I usually work and test in so Id like to find the smallest easiest changes that would cause my ckan.exe to think it needed a fresh download to update its cache.
Currently I  (blush) copy what I build into ckans cache directly. Then remove and reload the mod I want to test a new build of. Id like something less hacky more automated but least amount of extra leg work.

I want to avoid having to make all the ones that would normally naturally happen anytime a mod made new full release. Ive read the new release process for say KOS and its too many steps I am going to be more automated than that.

My ideal goal is if I press build in my dev environment, Ckan notices and offers to update my locally built mod if it in the current KSP configuration. So Ineed to find out what minimal thing will cause ckan to do that.

My second best goal is removing and adding the mod in ckan triggers it fetching the new built mod into its cache. id prefer not to have to make my postbuild script say reach into the ckan cache and delete the old version.

(EG: Currently i took out the ckan cfg shas because that way there is less work in building and running something, although if need I can make post build scripts etc to compute them and (edit/modify) update my localMod.ckan file.)

Edited by AxleGreaser
oops

1 hour ago, AxleGreaser said:

What I am asking for is guidance about, what minimal things I can update in my  local_mod.ckan   file or the locally built local_mod.zip file stuff that will prompt ckan to download a new copy to the ckan cache.

CKAN asks the user to reinstall a currently installed mod if one of the following metadata properties changed:

• "install"
  • "conflicts"
  • "depends"
  • "recommends"
  • "provides"

These are the relevant code lines for this.
However, even if a reinstallation is triggered, CKAN still uses the cached zip if possible.

We search for a zip in the cache based on three values:

• The identifier of the mod
  • The version string of the mod release
  • The first 8 chars of the sha256 of the download URL.

So to automatically get prompted to reinstall a mod by CKAN after hitting "Refresh" you'd have to change one of the upper properties in the .ckan file,
and to not use the already cached zip you would have to change  "download" property, that means changing the path or filename of the local zip.

I understand this is not very practical.
An alternative that came to my mind is putting the following commands in your postbuild script:

ckan cache clear
ckan remove <mod>
# ckan update       # this should be called if you change something in the .ckan file
ckan install <mod>

This would avoid any need to include hacks in the .ckan file or work around the caching logic, by removing all mods from the cache, uninstalling your mod, and reinstalling it again, making CKAN "download" the newly built zip because it is no longer in the cache. It would also eliminate the need to interact with the GUI during the whole process.
Attention: This removes _all_ mods from the cache, if you want to keep them cached, you should back up the cache folder first!

14 hours ago, ns88ns said:

Suddenly CKAN started to return odd exception on start: Failed to connect to repository. Exception ... . The exception is returned in Russian language but translation is "Can't connect to remote server" CKAN version 1.27.2. Firewall is disabled.

This exception is thrown trying to update the repository from GitHub. In  the past this was most of the time caused by some weird firewall/anti virus softwares that block access to GitHub.com (yes, even if it was supposed to be deactivated), or outdated Mono versions (if you are on macOS/Linux).

Try accessing github.com in your browser, if it also doesn't work that's a hint towards a broken firewall. And if it does work, it might still be a broken firewall ;-)

14 hours ago, ns88ns said:

I guess, a mod(s) moved to other location - when I start CKAN on clean KSP instance with no mods installed or on an empty virtual instance - no any exceptions occur. So I need debug/trace logs to catch the broken mod(s).

This isn't caused by a metadata change, but while trying to access github.com to update the local repository (see above). I suspect you don't have "Update repositories on launch" activated for these other instances, that's why it doesn't try to update it on launch and thus doesn't throw an error.

15 hours ago, ns88ns said:

Is there a way to enable trace/debug logs in CKAN?

There's probably not more to be found than the stack trace, which you already seem to have, but yes, you can launch ckan.exe via command line with "ckan.exe --debug". Be careful, this will log a lot lot lot of text to your console.
Alternatively, see the instructions here, which make ckan log into a text file: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#logging

15 hours ago, ns88ns said:

Yes, I know that there is a way Remove-Mods-One-By-One-Until-Catch_Bad-One. Unfortunately, it is very long way and, instead, I prefer to read trace logs.

See above, not needed in this case. Nevertheless, a handy tip when you have to find a broken mod again in the future: You can export a sorted modlist in CKAN. Whenever you have a sorted list, the quickest way to find a certain element in it is to do a binary search. Just remove the second half of mods, see if the error is  gone. If yes, reinstall half of the removed modules again, and retest. If not, remove the second half of the remaining mods again. And so forth. Much faster way to find broken modules!

16 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

This would avoid any need to include hacks in the .ckan file or work around the caching logic, by removing all mods from the cache, uninstalling your mod, and reinstalling it again, making CKAN "download" the newly built zip because it is no longer in the cache. It would also eliminate the need to interact with the GUI during the whole process.
Attention: This removes _all_ mods from the cache, if you want to keep them cached, you should back up the cache folder first!

ta.   I'm good to go now.  (be back if i do something that seems useful)

18 hours ago, AxleGreaser said:

(perhaps im just being wrong headed, in what i think my goals are)

Well i was being wrong headed somewhere.  I'm not sure how but I had overlooked the idea that CKan would have a CLI.

(that is what i get for not RTFMing)

And yes my post build stuff will be interacting with a CLI Ckan.... in some way

Question:

Can the CLI specify which install path it should operate or

do the commands only work on the default one?   (This appears to be the case  :/  ) dont worry answering, I'm getting the source it will tell me, but if thats what it does adding that capability seems like it would be useful, to me, the CLI seems stuck back in the days(mindset) when you didn't manage multiple instances.

BUT i might just try adding some features to my local version of cli ckan to make my life easier.

ckan cache flush ModName  // or some identifier like that than then just flushes the right stuff. (not using keyword clear in purpose: reasons see below)

ckan In Instance_Name refresh Modname  // which also then causes modname to be refreshed (uninstalled and reinstalled) in the specified instance_name 
// similarly not re-using keyword "KSP" due to how the CLI help currently works.

Suggestion: if  "ckan Help Cache" printed out exactly what "ckan cache" does. Then users could type "ckan Help Cache clear" to see if there were more options such as clear [but which mod]) or that was it and it would now do something specific like clear everything. The idea that you get help by typing ill formed commands and that when you type formed one (A thing you don't know for sure in advance) it happens rather than telling you "yep that does this". Seems ill formed to me.  (I expect i will come back with source code for that after a bit, unless someone else says heck yeaah and does it first.)

maybe refresh is what replace does?  (downloading source now)

[-ta.   I'm good to go now.  (be back if i do something that seems useful)-]

Um... err I just forked/downloaded the source clicked on the sln and it didnt open...
(it hung up with 6 of 7 project open...  weird?)

nvm if I open it without projects loaded then load then it doesnt barf... weird

-ta.   I'm good to go now.  (be back if i do something that seems useful)

Addendum: progress rpt: (from reply to this post)

11 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

but I think most of it will take care of itself when you see the source code of the other commands and how it works.

yep, having seen the code it will. Not what id imagined, a way more OO feel. :)

12 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

If I understand you correctly, "ckan.exe cache --help" does what you want.

probably, I hadn't found that feature of the CLI yet.

yes this does what i needed: The switch --ksp likely is one of the things i wanted/needed but hadn't found documented.

I am also finding it unusual(non intuitive) that   ckan --help clean while ckan clean --help does something quite different.

Edited by AxleGreaser
politeness

3 minutes ago, AxleGreaser said:

Can the CLI specify which install path it should operate or

do the commands only work on the default one?   (This appears to be the case  :/  )

See "ckan.exe install --help" for example. You can specify the instance to work on with "--ksp".

6 minutes ago, AxleGreaser said:

Suggestion: if  "ckan Help Cache" printed out exactly what "ckan cache" does. Then users could type "ckan Help Cache clear" to see if there were more options such as clear [but which mod]) or that was it and it would now do something specific like clear everything. The idea that you get help by typing ill formed commands and that when you type formed one (A thing you don't know for sure in advance) it happens rather than telling you "yep that does this". Seems ill formed to me.  (I expect i will come back with source code for that after a bit, unless someone else says heck yeaah and does it first.)

If I understand you correctly, "ckan.exe cache --help" does what you want.

16 minutes ago, AxleGreaser said:

BUT i might just try adding some features to my local version of cli ckan to make my life easier.

ckan cache flush ModName  // or some identifier like that than then just flushes the right stuff. (not using keyword clear in purpose: reasons see below)

ckan In Instance_Name refresh Modname  // which also then causes modname to be refreshed (uninstalled and reinstalled) in the specified instance_name 
// similarly not re-using keyword "KSP" due to how the CLI help currently works.

These are nice suggestions and indeed some features that could be added to the CLI. If you want to try implementing them, you would be very welcome!
Maybe try to keep the syntax similar to the rest of the commands, so using "--ksp <instance name>" instead of "In <instance name>", and "reinstall" rather than "refresh" (which we use in the GUI for updating the metadata repository in the registry), but I think most of it will take care of itself when you see the source code of the other commands and how it works.

KSP 1.8.1, Olympic 1's ARP Icons v1.0.0.0, CKAN v1.27.2

Annoyingly, the ARP mod persists in the New/Newly Compatible category despite my uninstalling and reinstalling the mod via CKAN.  Is there some other process I could followi to resolve this?  Uninstall, purge contents, reinstall, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.8.1, Olympic 1's ARP Icons v1.0.0.0, CKAN v1.27.2

Annoyingly, the ARP mod persists in the New/Newly Compatible category despite my uninstalling and reinstalling the mod via CKAN.  Is there some other process I could followi to resolve this?  Uninstall, purge contents, reinstall, perhaps?

Mods stay in that filter until you refresh the repository and there are changes. Try clicking "Refresh" and see if it's gone afterwards.

3 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

Mods stay in that filter until you refresh the repository and there are changes. Try clicking "Refresh" and see if it's gone afterwards.

Nope.  Restarted CKAN, refreshed immediately afterward and it still showed New.

However, using CKAN, I removed it and purged contents.  I reinstalled from scratch and successfully removed it from the New category.  Close enough, thanks.

Note that the mod only showed up under compatible mods fpr me when I selected KSP 1.9 compatibility even though the mod's version range covers 1.8.x as its latest version.  Shouldn't it be visible under 1.8?

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Note that the mod only showed up under compatible mods fpr me when I selected KSP 1.9 compatibility even though the mod's version range covers 1.8.x as its latest version.  Shouldn't it be visible under 1.8?

Check the dependencies.

3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Check the dependencies.

Ok, checked...and I don't get it :confused: and it raises another question.

According to the Relationships tab, ARP Icons depends on ARP, which doesn't exist anymore but has been superceded by ARP Redisplayed (which has ARP icons as a dependency).  But ARP Redisplayed version compatibilities are 1.9.0-1.9.99 (v2.10) and 1.4.0-1.4.99 (v2.9.3), clearly leaving a huge gap from 1.5 to 1.8.x (I'm aware of this since I've use ARP Icons since before 1.4, I think).  I have ARP Redisplayed installed - there's a checkmark in the Installed column but oddly no checkmarks in the Mod Version column of the metadata list - and I see the icons in KSP.

Am I correct in thinking that CKAN lists ARP Icons only when I set KSP 1.9 compatibility because it depends on and is a dependency of a 1.9 compatible mod that doesn't have a 1.8 version?  And why don't I have a checkmark in ARP Redisplayed's metadata?

Edit - I think I just blew a head gasket.:wink:

Edited by Brigadier

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Am I correct in thinking that CKAN lists ARP Icons only when I set KSP 1.9 compatibility because it depends on and is a dependency of a 1.9 compatible mod that doesn't have a 1.8 version?

Yup. The dependencies need to be installable.

Fn2mAhg.png

Edit: ok. So I am an idiot who still didn't RTFM.
Now I've got past wanting to write code and wanting build instead. I have found the build.ps1 script

and hey... (<puffs out chest>, the changes that I made compiled first time. I wonder what will happen when i run them first time.)

==========

So Ive been looking at forking the CKan repository to flesh out some CLI tweaks.  (becoming more minimalist all the time)

I ran into this.

If I checkout the CKAN repository change nothing and simply click on the solution file and let  >>>Vis Studio 16<<< open it (on my machine) then VisTudio hangs while opening the solution.

My workaround is below, how to best to fix it is no freaking idea. (specifying which of Vis Studio 15 and 16 must be used for development of ckan comes to mind)

or documenting how to use the wrong one and not to checkin its sln.   ...

==============

in spoiler below is the Diff file I get after cajoling Visual Studio version 16 into opening the solution file.

I  do that by opening Vis studio 16 explicitly from start menu. Then once its open choosing the solution file but checking the box and not loading the projects. Then loading the projects one at time manually ignoring the exceptions/errors that throws in the GUI

Saving the solution. (exit VisStudio16) Then Diffing the saved solution file with the repository.

That produces this spoiler below (which I suspect for people who understand solution files will be diagnostic.   (where diagnosis == "bloody Microsoft, incompatible with even themselves:  ... again."))

TLDR:  is Debug_NetCore/Release_NetCore is no longer a thing on the RHS of the equals signs in solution files. (whatever the heck that means)
(welcome to the latest barrier to entry generated to maximize scope for profit margins.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

diff --git "a/CKAN.sln" "b/CKAN.sln"
index 70e64f7f..c7a563e0 100644
--- "a/CKAN.sln"
+++ "b/CKAN.sln"
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00
-# Visual Studio 15
-VisualStudioVersion = 15.0.27004.2008
+# Visual Studio Version 16
+VisualStudioVersion = 16.0.30204.135
 MinimumVisualStudioVersion = 10.0.40219.1
 Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "CKAN-core", "Core\CKAN-core.csproj", "{3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}"
 EndProject
@@ -19,62 +19,65 @@ Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "Tests", "Tests\Tests.csproj
 EndProject
 Global
     GlobalSection(SolutionConfigurationPlatforms) = preSolution
-        Debug|Any CPU = Debug|Any CPU
-        Release|Any CPU = Release|Any CPU
         Debug_NetCore|Any CPU = Debug_NetCore|Any CPU
+        Debug|Any CPU = Debug|Any CPU
         Release_NetCore|Any CPU = Release_NetCore|Any CPU
+        Release|Any CPU = Release|Any CPU
     EndGlobalSection
     GlobalSection(ProjectConfigurationPlatforms) = postSolution
+        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
+        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
         {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
         {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {3B9AEA22-FA3B-4E43-9283-EABDD81CF271}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release_NetCore|Any CPU
+        {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
-        {E5B1C768-349E-4DAF-A134-56E4ECF1EEEF}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
-        {E97D81F6-85E2-4F1F-906D-BE21766602E5}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
+        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
+        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
+        {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
-        {A79F9D54-315C-472B-928F-713A5860B2BE}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
-        {4336F356-33DB-442A-BF74-5E89AF47A5B9}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
+        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
         {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
         {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
+        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
+        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
         {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
         {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {4F41255E-8BC1-465B-82D5-1C5665BC099A}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release_NetCore|Any CPU
-        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Debug|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
-        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Debug|Any CPU.Build.0 = Debug|Any CPU
-        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Release|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
-        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Release|Any CPU.Build.0 = Release|Any CPU
-        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Debug_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Debug|Any CPU
-        {DA5C7023-9A3B-4204-AE2F-BBA6C388B436}.Release_NetCore|Any CPU.ActiveCfg = Release|Any CPU
     EndGlobalSection
     GlobalSection(SolutionProperties) = preSolution
         HideSolutionNode = FALSE
     EndGlobalSection
+    GlobalSection(ExtensibilityGlobals) = postSolution
+        SolutionGuid = {A1223F4E-0259-4EF5-8C3D-AD1B016278D2}
+    EndGlobalSection
     GlobalSection(MonoDevelopProperties) = preSolution
         Policies = $0
         $0.TextStylePolicy = $1

Edited by AxleGreaser

On 5/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, HebaruSan said:

Then again, there's an "experimental" release on dropbox, and users on the thread aren't overly clear about which version they're using when they report it as working.

Let's give Ser some more time to sort this out.

Yes, give me some more time please.

Edited by Ser

KSP 1.8.1, JNSQ 0.9.0, CKAN v1.27.2

I'm getting a constant reminder to re-install JNSQ 0.9.0 because the metadata has changed.  I click on yes and I can continue but the next day, the advisory reappears.  If I close and restart CKAN after the first run and 'yes', the advisory doesn't appear.

What am I not understanding this time?

I am unable to open CKAN, error:

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.Kraken: Fehler beim Versuch, "D:/SteamLibrary2/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/CKAN\GUIConfig.xml": Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden. zu parsen. Versuche es aus dem Ordner zu verschieben und CKAN neu zu starten.
   bei CKAN.GUIConfiguration.LoadConfiguration(String path)
   bei CKAN.GUIConfiguration.LoadOrCreateConfiguration(String path)
   bei CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, KSPManager mgr, Boolean showConsole)
   bei CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, KSPManager manager, Boolean showConsole)
   bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction(Options cmdline, CommonOptions options, String[] args, IUser user, KSPManager manager)
   bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)
   bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

As far I know, that means I need the GUI config, may I get a download link for it? Please?

1 minute ago, JordanLOL said:

Yes, I do. Am I right with my assumption that I have to get the GUI config? Because I actually have a GUIconfig, but it's an XML...

Have you tried reading the sentence that I quoted?