CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

26 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I can't confirm until later but would adding 1.8.1 to the compatibility list (for JNSQ.  1.8 is already enabled) meet this intent?

I don't know the details of your scenario, just reporting what we found upon investigating this code.

6 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I don't know the details of your scenario, just reporting what we found upon investigating this code.

FYI.  Setting compatibility to 1.8.1 to address the JNSQ  metadata declaration doesn''t prevent the declaration from popping up.

4 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

FYI.  Setting compatibility to 1.8.1 to address the JNSQ  metadata declaration doesn''t prevent the declaration from popping up.

Right. But clicking Yes should actually install the latest version, and after that it wouldn't bother you again.

32 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Right. But clicking Yes should actually install the latest version, and after that it wouldn't bother you again.

Understood.  However, I changed the setting immediately after your initial suggestion.  It's been this way for over 9 hours and several restarts of CKAN.  Still no joy.  I will try again later, after CKAN/NETKAN goes through the update cycle.

The CKAN client v1.28.0 "Dyson" is released!

Dyson Sphere

Changes since 1.28.0-PRE1

Bugfixes

• [Core] Fix reinstallation of updated incompatible modules (#3102 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Don't prompt to delete SCANsat's settings at upgrade (#3103 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Mark conflicts in initial recommendations (#3097 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Sort GUI KSP version column correctly (#3106 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Dependency/compatibility fixes (#3104 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Internal

• [Netkan] Add author to list of required properties in CKAN.schema (#3111 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Build] Cleanup project, update builds, fixes (#3108 by: Olympic1; reviewed: HebaruSan, DasSkelett)

Changes since 1.27.2

Features

• [Multiple] Show DLC in recommendations list (#3038 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Prompt user to overwrite manually installed files (#3043 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Master search bar and misc GUI clean-up (#3041 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Added Chinese translation of multiple search category fields. (#3053 by: hyx5020; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Build] Create a system menu entry for ConsoleUI (#3052 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Non-parallel GitHub downloads, one progress bar per download (#3054 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Multi-match 'find', allow 'as' for Ships and GameData (#3064 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Release date column (#3096 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: techman83)

Bugfixes

• [CLI] Restore cmdline update message (#3042 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Don't try to install multiple versions of the same mod (#3051 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Unbreak reinstall right click (#3055 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Don't save registry when opening settings (#3058 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Core] Move WebException stack trace from User error to verbose log (#3062 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Multi-find fixes (#3074 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Fix crash on marking all updates (#3079 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Use authToken for Curl (#3086 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Be more specific in GUI config parse error (#3090 by: HebaruSan, DasSkelett; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Internal

• [Netkan] Purge stale cache entries for SpaceDock (#2859 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Netkan] NetKAN warnings (#3045 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Netkan] Support fallback URLs for netkan validate-ckan (#3060 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Netkan] Netkan warning for archived repos, set bugtracker for GitHub (#3061 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Netkan] Check mixed case version files (#3065 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Netkan] Netkan warning for tags (#3072 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Cache hashes on disk (#3080 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Don't fallback to Curl on 404, allow smaller GUI (#3084 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Build] Move Travis CI to GitHub Workflows (#3085 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: techman83)
  • [Build] Don't run workflow steps that require secrets on forks (#3089 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Build] Run workflows in Mono Docker containers (#3091 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Netkan] Generate release_date property in netkan (#3059 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Notes

• You don't need to download AutoUpdate.exe. This is used internally by CKAN when a new version is released.
  • Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed. Simply download the ckan.exe file and either store it in your game directory or somewhere in your filesystem where you have non-admin write access. Never run the CKAN client as Administrator!
  • The .dmg is for installation on systems running macOS.
  • The .deb file is for automated installation on Debian-based Linux distributions - Use dpkg-install/apt-get/apt to install the .deb file and you will then be able to run CKAN with just ckan. All required libraries should be pulled in as dependencies.
  • The .rpm file is for automated installation on rpm-based distros like Fedora or OpenSUSE. Use rpm/yum/dnf/zypper to install the .rpm file and you will be able to run CKAN with just ckan. All required libraries should be pulled in as dependencies.
  • Arch-based Linux users can install the CKAN client from the Arch User Repository, so don't download anything from here!
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please use the cert-sync tool to update mono's certificate store if required.
  • This release of the CKAN has not been tested on Mono releases prior to 5.16.0. We highly recommend upgrading to the latest stable release of Mono from mono-project.com You will need the equivalent of the mono-complete package for your OS.

Release image by Kevin M. Gill, CC BY 2.0 Generic license, https://flickr.com/photos/53460575@N03/21983905140

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.28.0

Updating to latest version made it unable to launch.

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at CurlSharp.NativeMethods.curl_global_init(Int32 flags)
   at CurlSharp.Curl.GlobalInit(CurlInitFlag flags)
   at CKAN.Curl.Init()
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Looks like there's something amiss with the latest OPT update(s):

It's giving an error about one of the size matches during the download process. Both repository releases look like they're in the correct places.

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

one of the size matches

I had one of those moments where you only realize something you really shouldn't have missed ...just after you posted/sent something. So I ended up re-uploading Reconfig ...twice on SpaceDock.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I had one of those moments where you only realize something you really shouldn't have missed ...just after you posted/sent something. So I ended up re-uploading Reconfig ...twice on SpaceDock.

And here I went, not bugging a mod author about a CKAN issue! :D

It's definitely one of those days/years.

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Beetlecat lol! Well you still did good. I'll try to remember that this kind of thing will upset CKAN.

Next time you try this, can you try re-downloading from SpaceDock right after the re-upload? We suspect the cause of this might actually be SpaceDock's caching, because it doesn't have any kind of notification from the uploading side of things. The CKAN bot's copy of your file is from Jul 21 09:13 (UTC), 24 minutes after the second upload.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:32 PM, Mercor said:

Updating to latest version made it unable to launch.

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at CurlSharp.NativeMethods.curl_global_init(Int32 flags)
   at CurlSharp.Curl.GlobalInit(CurlInitFlag flags)
   at CKAN.Curl.Init()
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)
15 hours ago, delta wee said:

I downloaded ckan.exe v1.28.0 and put it on my Desktop, but when I try to run it I get this error:

tUmjVGK.png

What could be the problem?

See: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/3115

KSP 1.8.1 (JNSQ install), CKAN v1.28.0

I'm still getting the CKAN dialog box stating that the JNSQ metadata has changed (JNSQ 0.9.0) and asking if I want to reinstall.  I click 'yes'.  A day later, the advisory reappears on restarting CKAN.  It was suggested up topic that this was to be fixed in the latest CKAN release so either it hasn't or I'm doing something odd (probably the latter).

Is there any way to capture the text that flashes by just after I click "yes" and before I return to the Manage Mods tab?

10 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.8.1 (JNSQ install), CKAN v1.28.0

I'm still getting the CKAN dialog box stating that the JNSQ metadata has changed (JNSQ 0.9.0) and asking if I want to reinstall.  I click 'yes'.  A day later, the advisory reappears on restarting CKAN.  It was suggested up topic that this was to be fixed in the latest CKAN release so either it hasn't or I'm doing something odd (probably the latter).

Is there any way to capture the text that flashes by just after I click "yes" and before I return to the Manage Mods tab?

Can you upload your <KSP>/CKAN/registry.json file somewhere? This would allow us to inspect what it has for JNSQ in the available/installed lists and possibly suss out what's going on.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, HebaruSan said:

Next time you try this, can you try re-downloading from SpaceDock right after the re-upload? We suspect the cause of this might actually be SpaceDock's caching, because it doesn't have any kind of notification from the uploading side of things. The CKAN bot's copy of your file is from Jul 21 09:13 (UTC), 24 minutes after the second upload.

Note, we may have found a way to address this on the SpaceDock side. It's not live in production yet, but once it is, hopefully replacing downloads will stop corrupting CKAN metadata.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Can you upload your <KSP>/CKAN/registry.json file somewhere? This would allow us to inspect what it has for JNSQ in the available/installed lists and possibly suss out what's going on.

Thanks for looking into this.  Done, here.

Is the second quoted part for me as well?  I don't believe so, but if so, I don't understand the relevance.

36 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Thanks for looking into this.  Done, here.

Thanks. This is a different problem than what we fixed; there, the modules were being reinstalled, but according to the old metadata. If that was happening for you, this would be the timestamp of the last time you clicked Yes, but instead it's from February:

"install_time": "2020-02-08T15:54:59.3515081-08:00",

So for you, the reinstall fails. Maybe a conflict or an unmet dependency; would it be feasible to try uninstalling JNSQ and then installing it fresh, to see what happens?

36 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Is the second quoted part for me as well?  I don't believe so, but if so, I don't understand the relevance.

No, the forum combined them without asking me, that was more for @JadeOfMaar.

38 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks. This is a different problem than what we fixed; there, the modules were being reinstalled, but according to the old metadata. If that was happening for you, this would be the timestamp of the last time you clicked Yes, but instead it's from February:

"install_time": "2020-02-08T15:54:59.3515081-08:00",

So for you, the reinstall fails. Maybe a conflict or an unmet dependency; would it be feasible to try uninstalling JNSQ and then installing it fresh, to see what happens?

I don't know if this is relevant but there are two "installed-KSP 1.8.1 JSNQ.CKAN" files in the CKAN directory; the first (with a "(0)" appended to the filename) is dated 8 Feb 2020, the second (without the "(0)" appended) dated today.  I have a mind to delete the former.

14 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I don't know if this is relevant but there are two "installed-KSP 1.8.1 JSNQ.CKAN" files in the CKAN directory; the first (with a "(0)" appended to the filename) is dated 8 Feb 2020, the second (without the "(0)" appended) dated today.  I have a mind to delete the former.

Those are just an audit trail of what you've had installed at various points, you can delete them or keep them, it won't affect anything.

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Not sure what affect this might have on a game in progress.  That said, I am, again, finding that I will probably restart my JNSQ save because I just haven't been advancing it much in the last few months and much has changed.  I will advise.

I’ve just been having trouble with getting ckan to actually download and get mods to properly work. The bigger ones were EVE and spectra. It downloaded the mods, but it didn’t extract the data and paste it into the game folder. I downloaded the ckan exe file from github and pasted it into my ksp file. Did I do something wrong?

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

I’ve just been having trouble with getting ckan to actually download and get mods to properly work. The bigger ones were EVE and spectra. It downloaded the mods, but it didn’t extract the data and paste it into the game folder. I downloaded the ckan exe file from github and pasted it into my ksp file. Did I do something wrong?

Did you select a KSP instance to manage (File > Manage KSP instances)?

5 hours ago, Lewie said:

As @Brigadier said, make sure you have selected the correct KSP instance in CKAN. Although if you have put ckan.exe into the KSP directory, it should automatically detect and use this one.

Did you also tell CKAN to actually install these mods? You have to check the checkbox on the left for the mods you want to install, the click Apply on the top and follow the installation steps.
I'd recommend you to read this guide which explains some basics on how to use CKAN: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#using-the-client

Edited by DasSkelett