[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

@DPOHbl4 Have you tried to replicate this by not using this mod? I am trying to replicate this issue, so far I can get it to occur roughly once every hour (makes testing very hard haha), the only common mods (mods each reported player has had active when the issue occured) have been 000_ClickThroughBlocker, 001_ToolbarControl, Scatterer and Mechjeb (this is not to say ANY of these mods is the issue but it helps determine whether it is a stock bug or not). I'd personally prefer it be a mod issue, I feel those are 'easier' to fix and the modders quick with the fixes.
I've been hearing a lot of talk about it been a stock bug but I haven't been able to replicate the problem with no mods yet to be able to actually report it. 
Maybe PM me with a response, just so we aren't talking too off topic (this thread is for this mod afterall). 
Thank you!

@Sleepy068 I have 85 mods on my modlist right now, and I noticed that issue right away, was trying to ignore it but this annoyed me to no end.  So I spent hours going through each and every one of them one by one with clean reinstalls, and managed to zero it down to this mod. Now I have over 40 hours in my current playthrough and yet to see this bug repeat itself. So I am not sure why OP is so confident on this one cause I never encountered this on stock KSP. Hope this answers your question! 

P.S. Replied here as for me the culprit was this mod

Edited by DPOHbl4

10 hours ago, DPOHbl4 said:

@Sleepy068 I have 85 mods on my modlist right now, and I noticed that issue right away, was trying to ignore it but this annoyed me to no end.  So I spent hours going through each and every one of them one by one with clean reinstalls, and managed to zero it down to this mod. Now I have over 40 hours in my current playthrough and yet to see this bug repeat itself. So I am not sure why OP is so confident on this one cause I never encountered this on stock KSP. Hope this answers your question! 

P.S. Replied here as for me the culprit was this mod

Because I have see this problem without the mod.  However, i do have it installed on my current game, I'll remove it and see what happens

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Because I have see this problem without the mod.  However, i do have it installed on my current game, I'll remove it and see what happens

I actually do not have this installed on my current game, and it does happen.  All this mod does is change the timewarp settings, it's the game itself which does the time warping

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I'm on the latest KSP version, and I have installed BetterTimeWarp along with its dependencies ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl. As far as I understand in orrder to install a mod you simply have to drop its folder in GameData. All three mods show up in the GUI, but for some reason when I do "Alt+(whatever number appears in the menu)" to warp in space, nothing happens. What am I missing?

2 hours ago, TheShark27 said:

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I'm on the latest KSP version, and I have installed BetterTimeWarp along with its dependencies ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl. As far as I understand in orrder to install a mod you simply have to drop its folder in GameData. All three mods show up in the GUI, but for some reason when I do "Alt+(whatever number appears in the menu)" to warp in space, nothing happens. What am I missing?

No logs, no support

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do burns that are days, if not years long with massive interstellar starships using this mod. This makes the ships really unstable, and often they explode or my game crashes. Is there a way to basically disable physics, and have my engine burning at the same time with this mod?

1 hour ago, Meid said:

I'm trying to do burns that are days, if not years long with massive interstellar starships using this mod. This makes the ships really unstable, and often they explode or my game crashes. Is there a way to basically disable physics, and have my engine burning at the same time with this mod?

Nope.

I've heard of people abusing the game, but never heard about burns that went on for years.  wow!

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope.

I've heard of people abusing the game, but never heard about burns that went on for years.  wow!

Ahhhh I'm playing with FFT and GU. I want to get to GU systems fast without warp drives.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhDJaPIsRID_5ztlJ5a9wndG5rwP?e=Cwc1nm
Are these the logs you're talking about?
I installed both your dependencies and the mod. It shows up but whenever I do ALT+[Number] nothing happens. Either I'm stupid and I don't understand the controls for this mod, or it's not working. Thanks

1 hour ago, TheShark27 said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhDJaPIsRID_5ztlJ5a9wndG5rwP?e=Cwc1nm
Are these the logs you're talking about?
I installed both your dependencies and the mod. It shows up but whenever I do ALT+[Number] nothing happens. Either I'm stupid and I don't understand the controls for this mod, or it's not working. Thanks

What  "ALT+[Number] " are you referring to?  The controls are exactly the same as the stock timewarp

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 10:25 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

What  "ALT+[Number] " are you referring to?  The controls are exactly the same as the stock timewarp

Oh alright, my bad. I think I read somewhere those were the controls, since the stock ones didn't work for me.

Here's a quick demonstration: 

I'm 100% certain this is user error, but I really don't understand what went wrong. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 2.3.13

• Thanks to user @yalov for these:
    • new Default Warp Rates
    • Physics Warp 1, 4, 8, 12
    • add AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL and AUTOSAVE_SHORT_INTERVAL to settings
    • fix rounding
    • add new Default CustomWarpRates: Five Warp, Soft Physics Warp, Physics Warp 6-10, Physics Warp 15-30

Hello there

Quick question that has probably already been answered - does this mod allow for persistent thrust? Like, can I be burning ion thrusters while in timewarp? I think it can, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks! :)

57 minutes ago, JebNotFound said:

Hello there

Quick question that has probably already been answered - does this mod allow for persistent thrust? Like, can I be burning ion thrusters while in timewarp? I think it can, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks! :)

you can burn thrusters in physics timewarp in the stock game.  just use alt + < or > keybinds

14 hours ago, eberkain said:

you can burn thrusters in physics timewarp in the stock game.  just use alt + < or > keybinds

That isn't what I asked.

I really don't like doing that because it just takes so long, does this mod allow persistent thrust or not?

P.S. sorry if I sound snippy, I'm just having a bad morning.

8 minutes ago, JebNotFound said:

That isn't what I asked.

I really don't like doing that because it just takes so long, does this mod allow persistent thrust or not?

P.S. sorry if I sound snippy, I'm just having a bad morning.

No mod will let you burn the engine of your choice while in regular timewarp, that is just not how the game is designed.   This mod will let you increase the physics timewarp rate to something higher, but you still use the stock method to do long burns with physics timewarp.  Your experience with that will really depend on a lot of factors like the number of parts in the vessel and your computer specs.  With an average small vessel I generally can't do more than a 4x physics warp without things just breaking and falling apart at random.  How low is the TWR on your ship?

There were a couple mods way back that did things like solar sails that would run in the background while the vessel wasn't even focused.  Nothing like that is compatible with Principia so I haven't looked into any of those mods in a long time. 

@JebNotFound

Better Time Warp can't do thrust during on-rails timewarp as it just changes the warp rates you can use, but not any of the game mechanics. There however two mods I know of that *can* do what you are asking.

1. Persistent Thrust Extended adds the feature for all engines, but there may be incompatibilities. Best to check the forum thread for the latest status. https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/194707-1711811911101-persistent-thrust-extended-175-now-with-background-persistent-thrust/ .

2. KSP Interstellar Extended includes an implementation of persistent thrust for the engines it adds or has modified. It's a really big and complex game overhaul mod, though, so you probably wouldn't want to install it just for that feature alone. https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173818-181-1122-ksp-interstellar-extended-1295-release-thread/ .

Hope that helps!

Edit: worth adding - as far as I know there aren't any implementations of persistent thrust that work with Principia

Edited by Electrosynthesis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.