[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It IS normal physwarp, only at higher rates

The mod lets me do that without ticking the box marked "lossless", so I'm afraid I still have no clear idea of what ticking that box does.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 17kED8J said:

Ok im going to need someone to explain why the actual love time warping still breaks despite it being "lossless"

Lossless is experimental by the original author, and I've never done anything with it, so consider it as not necessarily perfect

• 5 weeks later...

What’s the compatibility With MechJeb 2? As it handles time warp on its own, I found (this was a year and a half ago) that the moment I pressed “execute maneuver” in mechjeb with automatic time warp, the game just stoped frozen. It did not crash, I could still hear the music, but no gameplay whatsoever nor any other different sounds. I came back after a few hours and it was still like that.

At the time, I was running a heavily modded game and I installed several mods at once and I just did a fresh clean and never installed Better Time Warp again. Now I can see again its potencial capabilities and I wander if it was this what may have caused the bug/error. 

What do you think? Compatible or not?

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

What’s the compatibility With MechJeb 2? As it handles time warp on its own, I found (this was a year and a half ago) that the moment I pressed “execute maneuver” in mechjeb with automatic time warp, the game just stoped frozen. It did not crash, I could still hear the music, but no gameplay whatsoever nor any other different sounds. I came back after a few hours and it was still like that.

At the time, I was running a heavily modded game and I installed several mods at once and I just did a fresh clean and never installed Better Time Warp again. Now I can see again its potencial capabilities and I wander if it was this what may have caused the bug/error. 

What do you think? Compatible or not?

All this does is change the time warp rates, shouldn't really have any effect on Mechjeb, and without logs, can't really say any more than that

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Somecallmesteve said:

I'm having trouble getting this to work while I'm burning with the nuclear engine. Any advice?

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html - most particularly, that the aim of bug reports is not minimalism, and "trouble getting this to work" tells us really extremely little.

Okay, I'll elaborate more. Whenever I am trying to burn with the nuclear engine, I am not allowed to use timewarp since I get the message of, "cannot warp faster than 1x while under acceleration."

What I am trying to ask is, is there a way to work around this issue?

Yes I am trying to timewarp with this mod while using an engine at the same time, this is on me for being a little impatient.

I tried using the physics warp rate while in space above Duna. And I was met with that error message.

1 minute ago, Somecallmesteve said:

I tried using the physics warp rate while in space above Duna. And I was met with that error message.

And yes I was firing the nuclear engine while doing so. I forgot to add that in this message.

On 9/15/2022 at 3:44 AM, damerell said:

What exactly did you do? (I suspect you changed the physwarp rate then tried to activate normal time acceleration...)

Actually, I believe that is indeed what happened. I changed the physical time warp while firing the nuke engine, and I received that message.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is a BTWC (metadata?) issue or a CKAN issue, but when I try to install v2.3.13, I get the following error:

About to install:

* BetterTimeWarpContinued 2.3.13 (cached)
The following inconsistencies were found:
* BetterTimeWarpCont wishes to install GameData/BetterTimeWarp/Icons/down.png, but this file is registered to BetterTimeWarp
* BetterTimeWarpCont wishes to install GameData/BetterTimeWarp/Icons/up.png, but this file is registered to BetterTimeWarp
Error during installation!
If the above message indicates a download error, please try again. Otherwise, please open an issue for us to investigate.
If you suspect a metadata problem: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new/choose
If you suspect a bug in the client: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new/choose

I can't remember the reasons, but I originally installed BTW (non-"Continued") manually. Because of this, I couldn't install BTWC via CKAN, so I removed the BTW directory before trying to install BTWC, so there was no "GameData/BetterTimeWarp/<anything>" directory in which those files could be registered:

d0OAP8r.jpg

So I don't understand how CKAN can be seeing those .png files and how they can already be registered to BTW.

I would like to install BTWC via CKAN in order to keep it able to be updated semi-automatically (rather than having to do it all manually).

Is this an issue with some behind-the-scenes CKAN data or is this something to do with the BTWC metadata that CKAN doesn't like? Any ideas how to fix it so that I can manage BTWC with CKAN?

If this is indeed a CKAN issue, I'll post this in a CKAN-specific thread.

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, Radical Isotope said:

I don't know if this is a BTWC (metadata?) issue or a CKAN issue, but when I try to install v2.3.13, I get the following error:

I can't remember the reasons, but I originally installed BTW (non-"Continued") manually. Because of this, I couldn't install BTWC via CKAN, so I removed the BTW directory before trying to install BTWC, so there was no "GameData/BetterTimeWarp/<anything>" directory in which those files could be registered:

d0OAP8r.jpg

So I don't understand how CKAN can be seeing those .png files and how they can already be registered to BTW.

I would like to install BTWC via CKAN in order to keep it able to be updated semi-automatically (rather than having to do it all manually).

Is this an issue with some behind-the-scenes CKAN data or is this something to do with the BTWC metadata that CKAN doesn't like? Any ideas how to fix it so that I can manage BTWC with CKAN?

If this is indeed a CKAN issue, I'll post this in a CKAN-specific thread.

Thanks!

Try to remove BTWC, then do a refresh and reinstall it.  It's a CKAN issue, you should let them know

Playing most recent KSP version, with Whirligig World planet pack (where BetterTimeWarp has become a near dependency). Neither the dropdown nor the B have ever appeared for me, I have checked in the settings and the mod is enabled, and-although I'm not fluent in log file-it appears in the log mod list and no errors happen (it's never mentioned beyond the DLL list and BEFORE, FOR, and AFTER passes.) I just can't use the mod?

What else might be going wrong and how could I fix the issue?

2 hours ago, Fraston said:

Playing most recent KSP version, with Whirligig World planet pack (where BetterTimeWarp has become a near dependency). Neither the dropdown nor the B have ever appeared for me, I have checked in the settings and the mod is enabled, and-although I'm not fluent in log file-it appears in the log mod list and no errors happen (it's never mentioned beyond the DLL list and BEFORE, FOR, and AFTER passes.) I just can't use the mod?

What else might be going wrong and how could I fix the issue?

No logs, no support

Well, I inspected that log (since I guess I have been looking at the wrong one) and I realized that I somehow downloaded the mod and all the dependencies without the dll's .

I fixed it and everything works great, but now I feel like I just wasted your time and braincells. I'm sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, how to make it work? Installed, eveything is visible, I can change settings, but can't see any differences in time warp, it's just work as usual, engine stops, standart scales of time...

Ooops. I'm idiot, everithing working

Edited by X0PEK

So this mod 1000% causes engine audio to cut out. It is for sure the mod causing the bug. Delete the mod the audio bug does not happen at all. Install bettertimewarp engine audio cuts out in 20-30mins every single time. I have never encountered the engine audio cutting out without this mod installed. Very annoying having to restart the game to get engine audio back so sadly will not be using this mod anymore. OP seems to completely deny the mod is the cause so I don't think the audio bug will ever get fixed sadly, especially with ksp2 right around the corner.

Still much appreciated for your work on this mod. Worked very well other then the audio bug. For sure made dropping satellites in sync super easy compared to no slow-mo.

Edited by Flatliner

@Flatliner: you could provide specific reproduction steps, logs, etc, rather than this rambling series of sentence fragments. The phrase "engine audio" appears only in your post in this thread, so I'm unclear as to why you write "OP seems to completely deny the mod is the cause", let alone where you suggested it might be and what LGG's response was.

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html is worth a read. Unsurprisingly, Tatham does not recommend your approach.

(I admit I had a brief moment of "huh, maybe?" here - I do get engine audio cutouts - until I looked to find right now I _don't have this mod installed_.)

Edited by damerell

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.