[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

On 12/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Flatliner said:

So this mod 1000% causes engine audio to cut out. It is for sure the mod causing the bug. Delete the mod the audio bug does not happen at all. Install bettertimewarp engine audio cuts out in 20-30mins every single time. I have never encountered the engine audio cutting out without this mod installed. Very annoying having to restart the game to get engine audio back so sadly will not be using this mod anymore. OP seems to completely deny the mod is the cause so I don't think the audio bug will ever get fixed sadly, especially with ksp2 right around the corner.

Still much appreciated for your work on this mod. Worked very well other then the audio bug. For sure made dropping satellites in sync super easy compared to no slow-mo.

While I'm probably not going to spend any time on this, it would be a good idea to go over what you should provide if you want any help at all.

1. The version of KSP you are playing
  2. How you started it (Steam, by hand, using a shortcut in Steam to bypass the launcher, etc)
  3. A complete Player.log file (may not be always necessary, but saves time if it is)
  4. A complete list of installed mods.  
  5. A set of specific steps (including time if that is a factor) to reproduce this.  For example, doe sit happen if the mod is installed, but you don't change any of the warp settings (ie:  installed, but using stock settings)

It would also be extremely helpful if you spent some time creating a test install and removing all mods which don't affect this.  For example, if it was ONLY this mod, then say so.  Having a minimal set of mods to install and test with would assist me (and any other modder/interested party) in reproducing the problem.  

Also, since you seem to blame this mod, try using the Time Control mod (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143763-112-time-control-211/) which does essentially the same thing.  This will help determine if it's a problem with the mod, or with the game. 

FYI, there are reports on that mod's thread about sound cutting out as well.

IMHO, this is probably due to the game being stressed beyond what it was designed to do.  Despite what people say, Unity is multi-threaded, and it's quite possible there is something going on when timewarping at extremely high rates which causes something internal to lose sync or get confused.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I'm not the person who posted this problem before, but I'll provide my info with a similar story.

> The version of KSP you are playing

> How you started it (Steam, by hand, using a shortcut in Steam to bypass the launcher, etc)

I start the game by clicking "Launch game" in CKAN

> A complete Player.log file (may not be always necessary, but saves time if it is)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jejorbwct18pxij/Player.zip?dl=0

> A complete list of installed mods.  

Spoiler

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.1.3)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.18)
CommNet Antennas Info (CommNetAntennasInfo 3.1.2)
CommNet Relays (ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays v2.1.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator v2.2.1.0)
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus (ContractConfigurator-ExplorationPlus 2.0.1)
Contract Pack: Research Advancement Division (ResearchAdvancementDivision 1.2.1)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.22.0)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1.1)
Extended information about scientific experiments in VAB (ScienceSituationInfo 1:1.3.5)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
JNSQ (JNSQ 0.10.2)
JNSQ-KSRGAP  (JNSQ-KSRGAP v1.0.1)
JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs v1.8.5.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-139)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Parallax (Parallax 1.3.1)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 1.3.1)
Planes With Purposes (ContractConfigurator-PlanesWithPurposes 1.5)
Scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0838)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0838)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0838)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.5)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.9)
Un Kerballed Start (UnKerballedStart .1.3.2)

To the above, I added bettertimewarpcontinued 2.3.13.

> A set of specific steps (including time if that is a factor) to reproduce this.  For example, doe sit happen if the mod is installed, but you don't change any of the warp settings (ie:  installed, but using stock settings)

Here's what I did.

I've been playing a save with all of the above mods for a while with no problems.  Yesterday, I installed bettertimewarpcontinued, put a ship into orbit around Kerbin, turned on "five warp", did a warp at 1000000x to wait for Duna to get into good position for a transfer, and then I go to do the burn and realize my engine sounds (fwiw, a Terrier engine) stopped playing.  Other sounds seemed to work, but engine sounds did not.

I closed the game, uninstalled the mod, and upon restarting it, engine sounds are back to working.

So then I closed the game, and reinstalled the mod, verified my engine sounds still played, warped at 100000x, stopped the ship, verified engine sounds still worked.  Switched settings to "five warp".  Sounds still work.  Warp at 1000000x, sounds still worked.  So I go back to playing normally.  This included making some maneuvers, warping to them using the little button on the maneuver control, burning, and then doing some more physics and physicsless warping.  After 10 minutes or so (I make it to Duna) I realize the engine sounds have stopped again.  So I save, quit the game, and grab the log file from this session (attached above).

I uninstalled the mod again, and played for ~4 hours more yesterday and the problem never reoccurred.  I've also never had engine sounds quit working before I installed this mod.  This is the only mod I installed yesterday, and engine sounds stopped working within minutes of installing (and using the mod) both times.

Thanks for all your work you do :)

@ellisonch hi cant help with your current issue but I can tell you that the version of scatterer you are using will not work correclty.

If you look at some of the planets in say the tracking station some will show with no textures etc

when using JNSQ you must use version 772 of scatterer

also JNSQ does not supports parallax it may appear to work at first glance but could also cause issues later on.

this is from main JNSQ post :)

3 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

@ellisonch hi cant help with your current issue but I can tell you that the version of scatterer you are using will not work correclty.

If you look at some of the planets in say the tracking station some will show with no textures etc

when using JNSQ you must use version 772 of scatterer

also JNSQ does not supports parallax it may appear to work at first glance but could also cause issues later on.

this is from main JNSQ post :)

The version I have of JNSQ on KCAN suggests scatterer 0.0838.  I haven't noticed any problems.  I did have to add the color fix manually, but afterwards Kerbal looks fine.  What planet should I look at, and what behavior confirms a problem?

Look at Lindor the blue planet or at least its meant to be but with latest scatter will show up all black I think.

thats when I first noticed an issue as I to was using latest scatterer then reverted back and all seems ok now.

give it a go let me know but yeah Lindor should be a blue planet :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ShiningSun said:

Hey

Is there a way to set physics timestep value directly (e.g. set it to 0.02 even in 4x speed)?

Thx

i believe you can use decimal places, you can see this demonstrated in the "soft physics warp"

I've been having an issue for the past few days now where my last chosen time warp (aka before I exit the game) will get reset to:

And then my standing warp which was previously those sequence of numbers (and which is also uneditable without going into the cfg file) will turn into:

This bug is really starting to be annoying to me, especially because I have tried some fixes in the cfg and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, but it is still broken. I have to reset my time warp values every time I play a new ksp session, which is annoying. I also haven't encountered this bug previously, only on this RSS/RO install. Can someone (preferably linx?) help? My logs are below:

Player.log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iT_ircIlwl5S69vFUtJfXwYtAgSU50RN/view?usp=share_link

KSP.log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15rVxrGOEBac0jL09lCFmAtO8MrOvmc74/view?usp=share_link

linx oh mighty one please help

Edited by Clayel

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, SlickStretch said:

So, I can't seem to find the slow-mo options. Particularly x0 warp. Ideas?
qIAo9db.png

There is no 0x warp possible, game won't allow it.

Looks like you might have accidentally deleted the Slo-Mo setting.  If you want, you can add it back yourself, or just delete the file: (exit the game first)  

GameData\BetterTimeWarp\PluginData\BetterTimeWarp.cfg

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is no 0x warp possible, game won't allow it.

Looks like you might have accidentally deleted the Slo-Mo setting.  If you want, you can add it back yourself, or just delete the file: (exit the game first)  

GameData\BetterTimeWarp\PluginData\BetterTimeWarp.cfg

Thank your for your help! And, thanks for the mods. I use a few of yours and they're great!

On 1/13/2017 at 5:55 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Features:

• Customizable physics and regular (On-Rails) warp
  • Lower-than-1 physics warp can be used to help with laggy, high part ships. It is also pretty good for cinematics
  • 0x time warp can be used to freeze time
  • Great for ion engines! 1 hour burn completed in 3 minutes at 20x physical warp.
  • Higher warp settings can be used in lower orbits
  • Lossless Physics, meaning that you can keep accurate physics simulation even at high physical time warp. Note that strange things can happen when doing that, and is not recommended, see bugs below
  • Non-Intrusive UI, which can be disabled using F2
  • Can be enabled/disabled in the settings file, without uninstalling or deleting
  • Self regenerating settings file
  • Persistent time warp selections
  • Works in space center and tracking station
  • All planets get the same altitude limits for time warp: 0m for 1-1000, 100,000m for 10,000x, and 2,000,000m for 100,000x

Just out curiosity, did this ever work? If so, what changed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hola, soy un apasionado de las recreaciones de aviones en Kerbal Space Program, y quería preguntarte si tendrías los mods SM Stryker y SM Armory. Te lo agradecería mucho, sería de gran ayuda para mí.

Hello, I'm passionate about airplane recreations in Kerbal Space Program, and I wanted to ask if you would have the SM Stryker and SM Armory mods. I would appreciate it very much, it would be a great help to me.

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the international subforums.

16 hours ago, DelMax said:

Hola, soy un apasionado de las recreaciones de aviones en Kerbal Space Program, y quería preguntarte si tendrías los mods SM Stryker y SM Armory. Te lo agradecería mucho, sería de gran ayuda para mí.

Hello, I'm passionate about airplane recreations in Kerbal Space Program, and I wanted to ask if you would have the SM Stryker and SM Armory mods. I would appreciate it very much, it would be a great help to me.

Umm, this thread is for the Better Time Warp mod.  Ask questions like this here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/129-ksp2-mod-discussions/

• 4 weeks later...

not working for me ksp 1.12.3

I am trying to use ion propulsion and getting 1+ hour burn times!!!   I tried every mode and it just warps for an instant, then goes back to 1x warp or will not let me warp at all.  Those are the only two modes.  no warp or 1ms warp then back to 1x.

ksp log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4xd53Y5jn7ZwQkk5F0JzxkleBghaFAX&usp=drive_fs

mod list
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-EPwL0RVU8KK_XMZpjP8Sbj0VWEc-TI_&usp=drive_fs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.