[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having this issue? For me, Better Time Warp Continued seems to mess with maneuver nodes while in orbit. DV requirements tick upwards, MechJeb can't figure out when/how much to burn, etc. A short google told me that this was an issue in a previous version as well - uninstalling BTW fixes the maneuver node issue, but I can't tell if it's some interaction with another mod (of which I am using too many to make it easy to check). Sorry for lack of log, already moved on with game. =(

4 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Anyone else having this issue? For me, Better Time Warp Continued seems to mess with maneuver nodes while in orbit. DV requirements tick upwards, MechJeb can't figure out when/how much to burn, etc. A short google told me that this was an issue in a previous version as well - uninstalling BTW fixes the maneuver node issue, but I can't tell if it's some interaction with another mod (of which I am using too many to make it easy to check). Sorry for lack of log, already moved on with game. =(

What version were you running?  Too bad the log is gone, it would have told me exactly what was wrong

id like to add that i seen something similar whit out having BTW
what i see is an inclination chaing. the orbit slips to a different inclination
is this this what happens?

On 23.10.2017 at 1:58 AM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

On 10/23/2017 at 12:58 AM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

A while back I had this same issue and traced it back to the Lossless Physics setting. Do you have "Lossless Physics" enabled? If so, could you try it without it?

Edited by Jognt

21 minutes ago, Jognt said:

A while back I had this same issue and traced it back to the Lossless Physics setting. Do you have "Lossless Physics" enabled? If so, could you try it without it?

For me, the problem exists either way. With BTW installed, the maneuver node DV climbs steadily. Without BTW, it doesn't... Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ijppslqmrlwfgp/output_log_BTWnode.txt?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running into the same problem with BTW - drifting orbits, drifting Delta-V and direction vectors for maneuver nodes. At first I was thinking I was seeing things, as it only occurs after some time. I initially blamed it on DMagic's new maneuver node, but it also happened with Precise Node.

I have both a custom rails warp as well as a custom physics accurate warp.

Another thing I noticed is that "Warp Here" for pretty much all intents and purposes, including precise node's warp, gives you pretty random results, usually off by at least 10%. (so in a 30 min orbit, warping within 3 mins of a node will often end the warp 11 seconds after the node)

The problems go 100% away with BTW uninstalled.

Edited by Thygrrr

• 1 month later...

Can confirm that "lossless physics setting" is the cause of the Dv constantly increasing on maneuver nodes bug.

Turning it on/off causes the bug to appear/disappear.

I can upload the log file but I'm looking at it, and I think I already overwrote it when I started KSP back up? It only shows the one date and time it seems? So basically it only saves the info from the most recent game launch I take it? (I'm no expert here so correct me if I'm wrong please.)

@linuxgurugamer if it'll help you out, I'd be happy to turn lossless physics back on and try to reproduce the bug so I can make a log file that'll be useful? 

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Can confirm that "lossless physics setting" is the cause of the Dv constantly increasing on maneuver nodes bug.

Turning it on/off causes the bug to appear/disappear.

I can upload the log file but I'm looking at it, and I think I already overwrote it when I started KSP back up? It only shows the one date and time it seems? So basically it only saves the info from the most recent game launch I take it? (I'm no expert here so correct me if I'm wrong please.)

@linuxgurugamer if it'll help you out, I'd be happy to turn lossless physics back on and try to reproduce the bug so I can make a log file that'll be useful? 

The log file is deleted and a new one written every time you start the game.

Please do, I'm not sure when I'll have time to look at it, but I'll see if I can get to it this weekend

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The log file is deleted and a new one written every time you start the game.

Please do, I'm not sure when I'll have time to look at it, but I'll see if I can get to it this weekend

OK, so several new pieces of info.

-Reproduction steps: Turn lossless physics on, timewarp around a bit in orbit, set another body as target(Minmus in my case.) Boom, instant magic Dv climbing.

-The "magic climbing" of m/s pauses when you do actual timewarp but persists when physical timewarping or doing nothing. It also persists if the node is deleted and a new one made.

-It really screws with the maneuver node icons on the navball, and makes performing any actual maneuvers near impossible.

Uploading the log as I type this. I'll include a pic of my Gamedata folder as a "mod-list."

Log File: https://pastebin.ca/3947751

Gamedata Folder SS: https://i.imgur.com/bidEWos.png

Spoiler

bidEWos.png

On 12/14/2017 at 1:33 AM, Pand5461 said:

@Rocket In My Pocket can you see which component of dV is going up (in MJ planner or Precise node)?

I don't have this mod but have faint feeling that it might not be correctly translating vectors between inertial and rotating frames which will eventually build up radial component of maneuver.

That's the really weird thing, none of them were going up.

I use:

Neither the prograde, radial, or normal vectors were actually increasing; just the overall required m/s on the navball itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if there is a permanent/persistent way to increase the game's warp speeds, eg. setting better timewarp's hyperwarp as the default warp levels? Sadly, the game keeps resetting to it's default warp speeds on some screen/building changes.

Edited by Mike`

• 2 months later...

This mod does not work in my game. I installed the two required ones, but the icon or the arrow beside the time bar won't show up. I am using version 1.4.1 and when I start the game, no error of this mod shows up.

Any suggestions what it could be?

4 hours ago, LeButch said:

This mod does not work in my game. I installed the two required ones, but the icon or the arrow beside the time bar won't show up. I am using version 1.4.1 and when I start the game, no error of this mod shows up.

Any suggestions what it could be?

You don't have the dependencies

40 minutes ago, LeButch said:

I do have those two mods you need to install too. Those seem to work.

Make sure you have the latest versions of them.

Beyond that, I wonder if it's in the Blizzy toolbar?  If so, it won't show unless you activate it in the toolbar.

Got confused with too many mods.

Id like to see the log file, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Since ksp 1.4.2 , I can't make run BTW...

I tried to install from https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterTimeWarpContinued (only Game Data files, several other tests with other files...), but CKAN and KSP doesn't recognize it. 

BTW is an essential mod for me, and I don't understand why KSP has not already integrate this mod ...

Thanks for your help !

Hache

7 hours ago, Hache said:

Hello, 

Since ksp 1.4.2 , I can't make run BTW...

I tried to install from https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterTimeWarpContinued (only Game Data files, several other tests with other files...), but CKAN and KSP doesn't recognize it. 

BTW is an essential mod for me, and I don't understand why KSP has not already integrate this mod ...

Thanks for your help !

Hache

You download the wrong files.

Delete the directory, then download this:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterTimeWarpContinued/releases/download/2.3.10/BetterTimeWarp-2.3.10.zip

and install it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.