[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

Thanks for your answer.

I  already downloaded this files.

The "B" button appears, but when I click on it, nothing is happening...

And after installing, I check on CKAN, and it's written "Max KSP Version 1.0.5"

12 hours ago, Hache said:

Thanks for your answer.

I  already downloaded this files.

The "B" button appears, but when I click on it, nothing is happening...

And after installing, I check on CKAN, and it's written "Max KSP Version 1.0.5"

And do you have the dependencies installed?

a log file would be useful in diagnosing your problem

You are looking at the old entry for BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 4:22 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

You download the wrong files.

Delete the directory, then download this:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterTimeWarpContinued/releases/download/2.3.10/BetterTimeWarp-2.3.10.zip

and install it

I did it, again and again, after uninstalling and reinstalling KSP... I already tried this morning with KSP 1.4.3... same results :

https://app.box.com/s/cdoz6a9x64e8jnl3n1u6t6qcvtimg6zj

With CKAN, no matter how I install the app (by your link, spacedock...), it always recognizes the version 2.2 of Better time Warp... (never your work : 2.3.10)

https://app.box.com/s/gzed77cyjn7d703xuztda4hnzjw1kdp2

I'm frustrated because I think that your app is unavoidable and necessary !!!!

Edited by Hache

11 hours ago, Hache said:

I did it, again and again, after uninstalling and reinstalling KSP... I already tried this morning with KSP 1.4.3... same results :

https://app.box.com/s/cdoz6a9x64e8jnl3n1u6t6qcvtimg6zj

With CKAN, no matter how I install the app (by your link, spacedock...), it always recognizes the version 2.2 of Better time Warp... (never your work : 2.3.10)

https://app.box.com/s/gzed77cyjn7d703xuztda4hnzjw1kdp2

I'm frustrated because I think that your app is unavoidable and necessary !!!!

This is very strange, since it looks good in CKAN.

Did you clear the CKAN cache?

Check CKAN, make sure that you don't have 1.0 enabled in the Compatible Ksp Versions windw

Edited by linuxgurugamer

eh...

I wanted to find out how to clear CKAN cache, and I have checked on Setting/Compatible KSP Version , I have clicked on 1.3... Then I had could install BTWcontinued !!

Thanks !

Finally I can play again ! (going to Jool...)

I really hope you tried to install the latest version into 1.4.1, your post is rather lacking in information.

Assuming you are using 1.4, because you didn't read the top of the OP, which specifically says:

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

Apologies. I'm running 1.4.1, no DLC, with Both ToolbarController and Click Through Blocker installed. Yet, BetterTimeWarp is not loading, although everything else is installed correctly. 

2 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

Apologies. I'm running 1.4.1, no DLC, with Both ToolbarController and Click Through Blocker installed. Yet, BetterTimeWarp is not loading, although everything else is installed correctly. 

A good place to start is to read LGG's signature which says:

• 1 month later...

Well, I have reinstalled Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Manager, and while Precise node is working fine, BetterTimeWarp is still not loading.

Here's a log file - KSP Ver:1.4.3 ; Mods - MechJeb,TAC Fuel Balancer,KER, Precise Node, Click through Blocker, Toolbar Manager, Better Time Warp.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9c1w3hdjqco3zyz/output_log.txt/file

Edited by Xurkitree

2 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

Well, I have reinstalled Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Manager, and while Precise node is working fine, BetterTimeWarp is still not loading.

Here's a log file - KSP Ver:1.4.3 ; Mods - MechJeb,TAC Fuel Balancer,KER, Precise Node, Click through Blocker, Toolbar Manager, Better Time Warp.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9c1w3hdjqco3zyz/output_log.txt/file

There's definitely a problem, see this:

ssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'BetterTimeWarp': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'BetterTimeWarp.BetterTimeWarp' from assembly 'BetterTimeWarp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass15' from assembly 'BetterTimeWarp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Your problem is this:

BetterTimeWarp-2.2.0.0.zip

Latest version is 2.3.10, please install the latest version

• 2 weeks later...

Love the mod; works great with OPM and other such mods. I have one query though - when I use HyperWarp and run the 2 new speeds my craft keep having electricity spikes, resulting in "electricity run out" warnings.

Unfortunately, my Kerbals always die on said spike (as I also use TAC Life Support) so I am unable to use the mod effectively. Any ideas on how to circumvent this issue?

When using any kind of time slowdown, I get that manuver-node dV shifts and orbits screwed up problem. I know it's been posted before, but I couldn't find a reply with a fix.

I also had a different problem, but I cannot reliably reproduce it. I was able to trigger it with TimeControl, but again, not reliably. Time deceleration causes the graphics to screw up: kerbin is not shown, ship is not shown, KSC is just the landing strip lights, star-system is a void.

Spoiler

[LOG 14:49:49.708] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 14:49:49.748] [BetterTimeWarp]: Settings saved
[LOG 14:49:49.830] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 14:49:50.484] Unpacking Moho Probe V3 S1 loveed
[LOG 14:49:50.488] ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Moho Probe V3 S1 loveed
[LOG 14:49:50.488] ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: generateJoints: Moho Probe V3 S1 loveed
[LOG 14:49:50.503] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 14:49:50.652] Updating vessel voxel for Moho Probe V3 S1 loveed
[LOG 14:49:50.754] Voxel Element CrossSection Area: 0,00857325480357151

[LOG 14:49:50.771] Std dev for smoothing: 3 voxel total vol: 198,453428347841 filled vol: 26,6361167481378

[LOG 14:50:02.501] [BetterTimeWarp]: Set time warp rates to Slowspace - 1, 0.01, 0.00, 0.03, 0.05, 0.70, 0.90, 12,
[LOG 14:50:13.453] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Moho Probe V3 S1 loveed
[LOG 14:50:13.463] [6/30/2018 2:50:13 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ShipStateWindow) - MapObjectSelected
[LOG 14:50:13.463] [6/30/2018 2:50:13 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ShipStateWindow) - Vessel
[LOG 14:50:13.464] Maneuver Mode enabled
[LOG 14:50:13.466] ScaleModList: listSize 287 maxListSize 676
[LOG 14:50:13.467] ScaleModList: listSize 246 maxListSize 676
[LOG 14:50:13.467] ScaleModList: listSize 205 maxListSize 676
[LOG 14:50:17.329] 6/30/2018 2:50:17 PM,HLAirships,DEBUG: OnShowGUI Fired
[LOG 14:50:17.329] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 14:50:17.329] Game Paused!
[LOG 14:50:17.330] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 14:50:17.330] Active Vessel is under acceleration (G = Infinity). Cannot save.
[LOG 14:50:18.109] 6/30/2018 2:50:18 PM,HLAirships,DEBUG: OnShowGUI Fired
[LOG 14:50:18.109] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 14:50:18.109] Game Unpaused!
[LOG 14:50:19.423] 6/30/2018 2:50:19 PM,HLAirships,DEBUG: OnShowGUI Fired
[LOG 14:50:19.423] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 14:50:19.423] Game Paused!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont understand how to install this mod. It said to merge the game data with the KSP game data and so I did but didnt work, It seems odd to that all the other files are still in the original folder, so what do i do, move the entire folder just into the regular game data folder?

8 hours ago, Legal_Pyro said:

I dont understand how to install this mod. It said to merge the game data with the KSP game data and so I did but didnt work, It seems odd to that all the other files are still in the original folder, so what do i do, move the entire folder just into the regular game data folder?

What makes you think it's  not working?

Post a link to a log file, nobody can do anything without that

On 12/26/2017 at 1:09 AM, prykpryk said:

I also have this bug. I noticed that when in Tracking Station, mission elapsed times of crafts were increasing bit too fast (even though i was in 1x timewarp).

Turn off lossless physics warp, then exit to main menu.

Does anyone think the magical dV increasing is caused by the time running too fast in lossless physics warp?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.