[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

24 minutes ago, farmerben said:

Hi I already read the first post.  I was just wondering if the links from two years ago are still the ones to use.  I'm using 1.6.1 and it sounds like CKAN is the way to cover the dependencies, is there just one link to get that?  If someone can post a couple of the most up to date links, I would be thankful.

As the writer of the first post and creator of the mod said, those are on the first post.

I'm not sure why someone would be hiding more useful links somewhere else, but rest assured they are not.

Gone are the days when a new KSP version broke 90% of mods. Now it doesn't even break 10% of them. Unless people are complaining, you can pretty much assume a mod works.

Ok I now have Clickthrough Blocker, Toolbar Control, and Better Time Warp.  No error messages. 

When I try to use it with ion engines I still get the message "cannot warp under acceleration".  Because of reading the thread I noticed you're supposed to hold Alt and click on the speed arrows in the upper left, but I still get the cannot warp message.

13 hours ago, farmerben said:

So I'm able to get crazy fast physics time warp in the atmosphere.  But I'm not getting it in space with the ion engines, even though I press Alt.

So what does happen when you use Alt + > ???

15 hours ago, farmerben said:

Ok I now have Clickthrough Blocker, Toolbar Control, and Better Time Warp.  No error messages. 

When I try to use it with ion engines I still get the message "cannot warp under acceleration".  Because of reading the thread I noticed you're supposed to hold Alt and click on the speed arrows in the upper left, but I still get the cannot warp message.

No, you use Alt plus the right angle bracket  >   to increase warp.  That is stock behaviour.  What the menu at the top does is let you select a different profile

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So what does happen when you use Alt + > ???

No, you use Alt plus the right angle bracket  >   to increase warp.  That is stock behaviour.  What the menu at the top does is let you select a different profile

Oh that works.  Maybe I could have done ion burns at 4x speed all along and didn't know it.  I wonder what other stock controls I haven't discovered yet.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If only everyone who had a problem agreed.  Unfortunately, I can't please everyone

Don't let the naysayers bring you down, you're amazing :)

1 minute ago, Tivec said:

Don't let the naysayers bring you down, you're amazing :)

I don't.  Especially when others jump to my defense.  That's always gratifying.  I do what I can, and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to use the mod which they DIDN'T PAY FOR!!  Some people don't get it, they think that they are entitled to instant and perfect support for something that's free.

I’m not exactly sure how I’ve not yet seen this mod till today! I’m on my phone atm. And glancing over the past few pages and the first couple, I didn’t see any reference to IR. But I’m curious. Would B.T.W. help with some of the drifting issues associated with Infernal Robotics during time warp? That would be fantastic!

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

I’m not exactly sure how I’ve not yet seen this mod till today! I’m on my phone atm. And glancing over the past few pages and the first couple, I didn’t see any reference to IR. But I’m curious. Would B.T.W. help with some of the drifting issues associated with Infernal Robotics during time warp? That would be fantastic!

I would tend to doubt it.

• 2 months later...

I am new to KSP, CKAN, and this forum so don't kill me for this post. I cannot find this mod in Ckan. am i using ckan wrong, or is just not available on there? I really want this mod, and I have tried to just download and install it but never got it to work. Is it no compatible with 1.7 maybe?  If it's not i think i'd rather install a earlier version of ksp just to use this mod.

1 hour ago, omniperm said:

I am new to KSP, CKAN, and this forum so don't kill me for this post. I cannot find this mod in Ckan. am i using ckan wrong, or is just not available on there? I really want this mod, and I have tried to just download and install it but never got it to work. Is it no compatible with 1.7 maybe?  If it's not i think i'd rather install a earlier version of ksp just to use this mod.

Welcome to the forums !

I'm using this mod in 1.7.1 and it's working just fine. Did you install the 2 dependencies mentionned in the OP ?

On 1/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know about CKAN because i don't use it very often but I think it may not appear because you didn't choose the right KSP version in the "compatibility" tab or something like that.

Edit : CKAN -> Settings -> compatible KSP Version -> check 1.6 and you should see this mod.

Edited by Aodhan
CKAN check

2 hours ago, Aodhan said:

Welcome to the forums !

I'm using this mod in 1.7.1 and it's working just fine. Did you install the 2 dependencies mentionned in the OP ?

I don't know about CKAN because i don't use it very often but I think it may not appear because you didn't choose the right KSP version in the "compatibility" tab or something like that.

Edit : CKAN -> Settings -> compatible KSP Version -> check 1.6 and you should see this mod.

isn't unBlur now as well?

5 hours ago, Aodhan said:

Welcome to the forums !

Do keep in mind that although this does make it so BetterTimeWarp shows up, there's a reason why CKAN by default doesn't show it.

Every time an average user is told to add old versions to CKAN's compatibility list, someone complains about mod X not working even though it shows up in CKAN.

Yes, it works. But if this advice is going to be the #1 reply it negates the entire point of CKAN's version management system.

Edit: Not specifically targeted at your comment in particular. It's just that I've seen people say "Stop complaining about it not being updated on CKAN, just set old versions as compatible geez" which is horrible advice.

Edited by Jognt

I installed this on 1.7 using CKAN but the drop down arrow wont show up.  It has all the dependency in the gamedata folder so i really don't know what is happening.  There is a little bettertimewarp icon on the right hand side when i launch my rockets but it doesn't do anything or make the little arrow appear like it should.  :(