[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, optikalefx said:

I can confirm 2.3.10 build 2 with the 2 dependencies does not work with 1.5.1. I would post the log, but i'm not sure where the log file is that you're looking for.

It works fine here; what problems are you experiencing? Nobody else has reported any issues with the updated version.

14 hours ago, optikalefx said:

I can confirm 2.3.10 build 2 with the 2 dependencies does not work with 1.5.1. I would post the log, but i'm not sure where the log file is that you're looking for.

See this:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Most likely something isn't in the correct place, but without a log file, that is just a guess

• 2 weeks later...

Lossless Physics not working properly common issues atm or is it one of my other 40 mods? :) I build a really simple craft to keep parts down and tested lossless and normal physics warp 50. The lossless version didn't work aswell for me. Could it be the fact that my 4770k doesn't take advantage of the mod compared to lower end systems? I don't know what lower end means since my cpu is also quite old but for kerbal its enough :) It also seems to be less accurate with lossless. 

FPS is 60fps with 50x  normal physical time warp (I am surprised by that fps at 50x physical)

FPS is 1fps with 50x lossless Physical time at 1/2

Craft is simple of course. The reason it would be nice for this to work is for more complex ships. I kind of think I am doing something wrong in sett tings though haha. 

Would a log help you in this case? 

I have KJR installed and that is the only mod that comes to mind when I think of something interfering with physics. 

Edited by dave1904

I took the folder "Gamedata" removed the subfolder "Better Time warp" and put the subfolder into the main game data folder, alongside the folders "Squad" and "Squad expansion"

Screen shot:

W7P2ujzx9RqLnE6V5LudxG-ezGMS_k68rruHdek_sQZD9DAKcWO7YKO9pvkD2ydWKDKVzLt3teugGaHuwkBVzg_5BiC_z44Eq9zUEluDW2CTMMT0TZOK9mZTKSxNQK-avwoNeqlx

Did I do something wrong? I can't find the drop down arrow

Edited by Lithobrake

51 minutes ago, Lithobrake said:

I took the folder "Gamedata" removed the subfolder "Better Time warp" and put the subfolder into the main game data folder, alongside the folders "Squad" and "Squad expansion"

Screen shot:

W7P2ujzx9RqLnE6V5LudxG-ezGMS_k68rruHdek_sQZD9DAKcWO7YKO9pvkD2ydWKDKVzLt3teugGaHuwkBVzg_5BiC_z44Eq9zUEluDW2CTMMT0TZOK9mZTKSxNQK-avwoNeqlx

Incorrect. Correct

BetterTimeWarp folder should be inside the GameData folder.  AFAIK ALL mods get installed to GameData folder.

I dont have the Making History DLC so cant be 100% positive. But I am pretty sure the Squad and Squad expansion folders should be inside the GameData folder too. 

EDIT: looking at your image, it appears you do have the folders installed correctly. I think I just miss read your description.

Edited by BlackHat
miss read post

51 minutes ago, Lithobrake said:

Screen shot:

what os is that? Is that one of those apple things? 

On 12/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, dave1904 said:

Lossless Physics not working properly common issues atm or is it one of my other 40 mods? :) I build a really simple craft to keep parts down and tested lossless and normal physics warp 50. The lossless version didn't work aswell for me. Could it be the fact that my 4770k doesn't take advantage of the mod compared to lower end systems? I don't know what lower end means since my cpu is also quite old but for kerbal its enough :) It also seems to be less accurate with lossless. 

I have been unable to replicate this issue.  I need a specific series of steps from someone in order to replicate it, including a list of all mods, and preferably a copy of the save file as well

1 hour ago, Lithobrake said:

Do you have the dependencies installed (ClickThroughBlocker & ToolbarController)?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I need a specific series of steps from someone in order to replicate it, including a list of all mods, and preferably a copy of the save file as well

114 mods in total :) I think it would be asking alot from someone to look through that. I was just wondering if you might know whats wrong. If you insist on the mods and save file I will give you them to help out but I really don't want people wasting their time on a problem that is minor imo. 

http://prntscr.com/lsj9j9 

here is a screenshot of mod folder. Maybe you see a mod stand out that could cause issues. 

Edited by dave1904

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

114 mods in total :) I think it would be asking alot from someone to look through that. I was just wondering if you might know whats wrong. If you insist on the mods and save file I will give you them to help out but I really don't want people wasting their time on a problem that is minor imo. 

http://prntscr.com/lsj9j9 

here is a screenshot of mod folder. Maybe you see a mod stand out that could cause issues. 

That is a bit much, but if you are willing to zip it all up, I'd be happy to look at it.  This has happened before, I just haven't seen it, so am willing to download a big file if that helps me find it

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is a bit much, but if you are willing to zip it all up, I'd be happy to look at it.  This has happened before, I just haven't seen it, so am willing to download a big file if that helps me find it

I have an extremely slow upload but I'll give it a try. It could take a while to get it done though. I get 60mbps down but only 0.5 upload...Again, I don't want you to waste your time for me. I have no issues giving you the files to help you. 

18 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

I have an extremely slow upload but I'll give it a try. It could take a while to get it done though. I get 60mbps down but only 0.5 upload...Again, I don't want you to waste your time for me. I have no issues giving you the files to help you. 

Just let me know when it's available, thanks

For those of you who are having the problems with the Lossless mode, I need to know the answer to the following question:

Are you using the Lossless mod and then using the KSP Phys Warp as well?

I'm not sure the two can/should be used together, I have a working version beta here for you to try:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9ugo7mygij95wn/BetterTimeWarp-Beta-2.3.10.2.zip?dl=0

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

For those of you who are having the problems with the Lossless mode, I need to know the answer to the following question: 

Are you using the Lossless mod and then using the KSP Phys Warp as well?

I'm not sure the two can/should be used together, I have a working version beta here for you to try:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9ugo7mygij95wn/BetterTimeWarp-Beta-2.3.10.2.zip?dl=0

yup. causes phantom forces. I thought the lossless mode modified the stock phys warp...

New release, 2.3.11

• Bug fix for lossless physics causing issues, both after warp is done and while warp was in progress
  • Removed max version from .version file

Please note:  The lossless physics is experimental, use at your own risk.  If  you do use it, please let me know of any issues

Just out of curiosity - does this handle physics warp differently than Time Control? I ask only because it seems like BTWC somehow does relatively high rates of physics warps more "smoothly" than Time Control.

On a related note - since BTWC seems to handle physics stuff nicely, would it be possible to add the functionality that TC has (I think?) where additional increments can be added to a given time warp scale? Meaning that you can have a greater number of increments than exist in stock normally, e.g. a physics warp regime where you have x1, x2, x3, x5, x8, x12, x20, (7 total increments versus 4 total in normal stock and current BTWC) without changing warp "sets" ? (Same for non-physics warp). Just curious, probably out of the scope of the mod and whatnot, and/or "Just use Time Control", of course.

30 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Just out of curiosity - does this handle physics warp differently than Time Control? I ask only because it seems like BTWC somehow does relatively high rates of physics warps more "smoothly" than Time Control.

On a related note - since BTWC seems to handle physics stuff nicely, would it be possible to add the functionality that TC has (I think?) where additional increments can be added to a given time warp scale? Meaning that you can have a greater number of increments than exist in stock normally, e.g. a physics warp regime where you have x1, x2, x3, x5, x8, x12, x20, (7 total increments versus 4 total in normal stock and current BTWC) without changing warp "sets" ? (Same for non-physics warp). Just curious, probably out of the scope of the mod and whatnot, and/or "Just use Time Control", of course.

TC does more stuff than BTW.  To a certain extent, it's probably more accurate, but you pay for that with complexity.

If you set the Lossless physics option, then all the warps will be done lossless, but you will most likely get lag