linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, farmerben said:

Hi I already read the first post.  I was just wondering if the links from two years ago are still the ones to use.  I'm using 1.6.1 and it sounds like CKAN is the way to cover the dependencies, is there just one link to get that?  If someone can post a couple of the most up to date links, I would be thankful.

As the writer of the first post and creator of the mod said, those are on the first post.

I'm not sure why someone would be hiding more useful links somewhere else, but rest assured they are not.

Gone are the days when a new KSP version broke 90% of mods. Now it doesn't even break 10% of them. Unless people are complaining, you can pretty much assume a mod works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I now have Clickthrough Blocker, Toolbar Control, and Better Time Warp.  No error messages. 

When I try to use it with ion engines I still get the message "cannot warp under acceleration".  Because of reading the thread I noticed you're supposed to hold Alt and click on the speed arrows in the upper left, but I still get the cannot warp message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm able to get crazy fast physics time warp in the atmosphere.  But I'm not getting it in space with the ion engines, even though I press Alt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, farmerben said:

So I'm able to get crazy fast physics time warp in the atmosphere.  But I'm not getting it in space with the ion engines, even though I press Alt.

So what does happen when you use Alt + > ???

15 hours ago, farmerben said:

Ok I now have Clickthrough Blocker, Toolbar Control, and Better Time Warp.  No error messages. 

When I try to use it with ion engines I still get the message "cannot warp under acceleration".  Because of reading the thread I noticed you're supposed to hold Alt and click on the speed arrows in the upper left, but I still get the cannot warp message.

 

No, you use Alt plus the right angle bracket  >   to increase warp.  That is stock behaviour.  What the menu at the top does is let you select a different profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So what does happen when you use Alt + > ???

No, you use Alt plus the right angle bracket  >   to increase warp.  That is stock behaviour.  What the menu at the top does is let you select a different profile

Oh that works.  Maybe I could have done ion burns at 4x speed all along and didn't know it.  I wonder what other stock controls I haven't discovered yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to allow us to hide or move the drop down button ? I run a scaled UI, and the drop down covers part of the commnet controls and indicators in map view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tivec said:

Would it be possible to allow us to hide or move the drop down button ? I run a scaled UI, and the drop down covers part of the commnet controls and indicators in map view.

I'll see if I can get it fixed this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll see if I can get it fixed this evening.

Have I told you that you are amazing with your support of all these orphaned mods? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tivec said:

Have I told you that you are amazing with your support of all these orphaned mods? 

If only everyone who had a problem agreed.  Unfortunately, I can't please everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If only everyone who had a problem agreed.  Unfortunately, I can't please everyone

Don't let the naysayers bring you down, you're amazing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tivec said:

Don't let the naysayers bring you down, you're amazing :)

I don't.  Especially when others jump to my defense.  That's always gratifying.  I do what I can, and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to use the mod which they DIDN'T PAY FOR!!  Some people don't get it, they think that they are entitled to instant and perfect support for something that's free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not exactly sure how I’ve not yet seen this mod till today! I’m on my phone atm. And glancing over the past few pages and the first couple, I didn’t see any reference to IR. But I’m curious. Would B.T.W. help with some of the drifting issues associated with Infernal Robotics during time warp? That would be fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, V8jester said:

I’m not exactly sure how I’ve not yet seen this mod till today! I’m on my phone atm. And glancing over the past few pages and the first couple, I didn’t see any reference to IR. But I’m curious. Would B.T.W. help with some of the drifting issues associated with Infernal Robotics during time warp? That would be fantastic!

I would tend to doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I would tend to doubt it.

Bummer, well thanks just the same. And I’ll probably mess around with this at the very least, as it looks like a very useful mod reguardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 2.3.11.3

  • Fixed log spam caused when saving game settings

Thanks to @Tivec for reporting this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to KSP, CKAN, and this forum so don't kill me for this post. I cannot find this mod in Ckan. am i using ckan wrong, or is just not available on there? I really want this mod, and I have tried to just download and install it but never got it to work. Is it no compatible with 1.7 maybe?  If it's not i think i'd rather install a earlier version of ksp just to use this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, omniperm said:

I am new to KSP, CKAN, and this forum so don't kill me for this post. I cannot find this mod in Ckan. am i using ckan wrong, or is just not available on there? I really want this mod, and I have tried to just download and install it but never got it to work. Is it no compatible with 1.7 maybe?  If it's not i think i'd rather install a earlier version of ksp just to use this mod.

Welcome to the forums !

I'm using this mod in 1.7.1 and it's working just fine. Did you install the 2 dependencies mentionned in the OP ?

On 1/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know about CKAN because i don't use it very often but I think it may not appear because you didn't choose the right KSP version in the "compatibility" tab or something like that.

Edit : CKAN -> Settings -> compatible KSP Version -> check 1.6 and you should see this mod.

 

Edited by Aodhan
CKAN check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aodhan said:

Welcome to the forums !

I'm using this mod in 1.7.1 and it's working just fine. Did you install the 2 dependencies mentionned in the OP ?

I don't know about CKAN because i don't use it very often but I think it may not appear because you didn't choose the right KSP version in the "compatibility" tab or something like that.

Edit : CKAN -> Settings -> compatible KSP Version -> check 1.6 and you should see this mod.

 

isn't unBlur now as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Aodhan said:

Welcome to the forums !

I'm using this mod in 1.7.1 and it's working just fine. Did you install the 2 dependencies mentionned in the OP ?

I don't know about CKAN because i don't use it very often but I think it may not appear because you didn't choose the right KSP version in the "compatibility" tab or something like that.

Edit : CKAN -> Settings -> compatible KSP Version -> check 1.6 and you should see this mod.

Do keep in mind that although this does make it so BetterTimeWarp shows up, there's a reason why CKAN by default doesn't show it.

Every time an average user is told to add old versions to CKAN's compatibility list, someone complains about mod X not working even though it shows up in CKAN.

Yes, it works. But if this advice is going to be the #1 reply it negates the entire point of CKAN's version management system.

Edit: Not specifically targeted at your comment in particular. It's just that I've seen people say "Stop complaining about it not being updated on CKAN, just set old versions as compatible geez" which is horrible advice.

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed this on 1.7 using CKAN but the drop down arrow wont show up.  It has all the dependency in the gamedata folder so i really don't know what is happening.  There is a little bettertimewarp icon on the right hand side when i launch my rockets but it doesn't do anything or make the little arrow appear like it should.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 5:01 PM, Dragonlover1201 said:

I can't use the physics warp in space, even though I've seen other people do it. How do I activate it in space?

Alt and the warp buttons. This is actually a stock thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @linuxgurugamer would you mind if I included this mod with Kerbol Origins? People really seem to reach the limits of stock time warp while traveling to my planets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.