[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

31 minutes ago, superdavekerman said:

I'm running 2.3.5.4 with similar log spam.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag3zwowu4ayt2yf/output_log.txt?dl=0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BetterTimeWarp.BetterTimeWarp.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Are you EVA'ing at the time?

Just now, superdavekerman said:

No EVA. Current situation is interstellar craft with Daedalus drive approaching Proxima Centauri 1b, with some switching between manual burns and full burns with warp.

Can you get me a copy of the complete save, please.

@linuxgurugamer, I have the same NullRef log spam time to time. Confirmed reason: NullRefing when no probe control (no connection to DSN). Usually it works because of equator covered with DSN dished, but for inclined and polar orbits there are "no probe control" periods.

1 minute ago, ZobrAA said:

@linuxgurugamer, I have the same NullRef log spam time to time. Confirmed reason: NullRefing when no probe control (no connection to DSN). Usually it works because of equator covered with DSN dished, but for inclined and polar orbits there are "no probe control" periods.

Hah, I'm definitely out of range of the DSN on my save as well!

19 minutes ago, ZobrAA said:

thanks, that will make it easy to find

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks to the reports, I was able to fix it fairly quickly.

New release, 2.3.6:

• Fixed nullrefs in orbit when no control

Confirmed, no log spam! Yay! :D

One minor issue: button position when no control. But this is negligible, not worth an update, IMO. May be in future at the same time with other stuff..

wLEAyoL.jpg

3 minutes ago, ZobrAA said:

One minor issue: button position when no control. But this is negligible, not worth an update, IMO. May be in future at the same time with other stuff..

wLEAyoL.jpg

Oops.  I see, will see what I can do.

31 minutes ago, ZobrAA said:

wLEAyoL.jpg

Can you post the craft file please, and the situation it was in?

Thanks

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you post the craft file please, and the situation it was in?

Craft file of satellite: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-E-xsUCAQaVlhzOTdILUtONTA

But in my save it actually not really stock, it has moduleManager addition

@PART[SurveyScanner]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleOrbitalSurveyorPlus
        	ElectricDrain = 1.00
        	ScanRadius = 8
		SciBonus = 20
	}
}

From Orbital Survey Plus that I was also testing today... Oh, and planets are scaled with my WIP RescaleZ (kopernikus based) mod if it's matters...

Having a weird issue here, I installed BetterTimeWarp and enabled Scale Camera Speed, Use Lossless Physics and selected 1 for Lossless Physics Accuracy. I played like this for a while, and really liked it!! but I decided to uninstall it after I noticed some intermittent issues with MechJeb.

Since uninstalling my ships are exploding... rather being completely and utterly decimated and sent off in every direction at like 672534765234765 m/s right after dropping out of time warp.

I reinstalled the mod, enabled all the same settings and the problem is gone, but I don't want to use it anymore because of the weirdness with MechJeb...help :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a bug, but mostly a question from an user:

... is it possible to make move the arrow selector that open up the menu, near the mission time/date? It's a bit annoying that occlude some stock interface (mostly, in map mode, the selection icon to change the comm-path and other stuff related in other visuals).

6 hours ago, Araym said:

Not really a bug, but mostly a question from an user:

... is it possible to make move the arrow selector that open up the menu, near the mission time/date? It's a bit annoying that occlude some stock interface (mostly, in map mode, the selection icon to change the comm-path and other stuff related in other visuals).

Could you post a screenshot?  It shouldnt be blocking any stock interface stuff.

there is an option to disable it, so you would then have to use the toolbar button instead

On 3/6/2017 at 10:00 PM, TheKurgan said:

Having a weird issue here, I installed BetterTimeWarp and enabled Scale Camera Speed, Use Lossless Physics and selected 1 for Lossless Physics Accuracy. I played like this for a while, and really liked it!! but I decided to uninstall it after I noticed some intermittent issues with MechJeb.

Since uninstalling my ships are exploding... rather being completely and utterly decimated and sent off in every direction at like 672534765234765 m/s right after dropping out of time warp.

I reinstalled the mod, enabled all the same settings and the problem is gone, but I don't want to use it anymore because of the weirdness with MechJeb...help :) 

This may have been caused by a bug in BTW, which I just fixed