[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

About the Readme.md. It says:

Instructions

You can access the UI in one of two ways, either by clicking the B button on the toolbar, or , in the flight scene, clicking the down button at the top, right next to the clock (in 1.2.2, it is right now on top of the probe-control icon, will be fixed)

Once the UI is opened,

and that's it ...

I just wonder what's next ... :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem with this mod. It causes my maneuver nodes to function incorrectly. When I create a maneuver node, the delta-v requirements slowly go up. This topic shows what I am talking about. To reproduce:

Start a new save. Turn on Lossless Physics in the settings of this mod. Make a vessel for orbiting. Sometime during ascent through the atmosphere, use physics warp for a while. Finish establishing an orbit. Create a maneuver node. Watch as its delta-v requirements go up. 

@pydudeIf you read a page or two back you'd learn the reason :)

It's a "feature" of loseless physics setting. It's an 'experimental' function after all.

I suspect however that even without this option physics engine gets confused (albeit on a much smaller, manageable scale) and looses some accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to slow down under 0.5x bends the rocket and detaches the "launch stability enchancers"

I'm getting the old target speed bug, when under 5km distance to the target: when time accelerating - the target gets closer, when not - it gets away no matter the speed changes you make, basically rendezvous are impossible.

installed with ckan.

Edited by gendalf

On 7/11/2017 at 10:16 PM, gendalf said:

Trying to slow down under 0.5x bends the rocket and detaches the "launch stability enchancers"

I'm getting the old target speed bug, when under 5km distance to the target: when time accelerating - the target gets closer, when not - it gets away no matter the speed changes you make, basically rendezvous are impossible.

installed with ckan.

What version of KSP, and a log file, please

On 6/30/2017 at 0:38 PM, pydude said:

I have a problem with this mod. It causes my maneuver nodes to function incorrectly. When I create a maneuver node, the delta-v requirements slowly go up. This topic shows what I am talking about. To reproduce:

Start a new save. Turn on Lossless Physics in the settings of this mod. Make a vessel for orbiting. Sometime during ascent through the atmosphere, use physics warp for a while. Finish establishing an orbit. Create a maneuver node. Watch as its delta-v requirements go up. 

I'm having the same issue myself. Spent a half hour trying to set up an Apollo style Mun intercept I should have been able to do blindfolded and asleep with one arm tied behind my back, and eventually my poor kerbals expired from lack of life support after a dozen failed intercepts.

It's not just the nodes that are having problems though, orbits actually change too. If I burn for the Mun and get a 60 km periapsis (as an example), as soon as I stop burning the periapsis starts dropping as though I'm still in Kerbin's atmosphere. Within about 10 seconds it had dropped to 57 km, though it froze once I time warped and remained stable after I entered the Mun's SOI. At that point my trajectory outside Mun's SOI started changing instead.

LGG has already confirmed that using lossless physics is very experimental. You'll need to restart KSP after using it to get properly working nodes. 

@linuxgurugamer are you planning to look into this issue and fix loseless option? It would be great to have it working. 

Edited by Raphaello

On 30.6.2017 at 10:38 PM, pydude said:

i dont have bettertimewarpcontinued installed and i see this problem from time to time
i think its a stok problem exaggerated by this mod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...