[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

On 7/25/2019 at 2:04 AM, Dizor said:

By some reason warp rates selection switch back to the standard ones. And I have to activate my custom rates every scene change. This is pretty annoying.
Setting them in the Space Centre says “Default warp set to [customWarpProfileName]” but upon scene change it will revert to default. 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:22 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

OK, sounds like a directory got changed.  I'll look into it

It's the same for me there on 1.7.3 (BetterTimeWarpContinued v2.3.11.4)

3 hours ago, flart said:
On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, Dizor said:

By some reason warp rates selection switch back to the standard ones. And I have to activate my custom rates every scene change. This is pretty annoying.
Setting them in the Space Centre says “Default warp set to [customWarpProfileName]” but upon scene change it will revert to default. 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:22 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

OK, sounds like a directory got changed.  I'll look into it

I've taken a quick look at the code, nothing obvious jumps out at me.

So, the custom rates stick around, they just aren't selected?

Ok, I think I see where the problem is.    I can't test until this evening, but I should be able to get a fix out this evening.

One thing, right now it will only be for 1.8.  In order to get a version for 1.7, I'll have to do figure out the best way to do this

Hi I just installed this mod and dependencies and for some reason reaction wheels are no longer working for me in orbit.. I'm guessing it's either this mod or the dependencies that's caused it cos it was fine 10 minutes ago before I installed this

23 hours ago, flart said:
On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, Dizor said:

@flart @Dizor

It was actually a long-standing bug, but the first time that it was mentioned.

There is a fixed version now on SpaceDock for 1.7.3.  CKAN is having a problem indexing it, so I can't release the version for 1.8 until that's fixed.  But you can get the 1.8 version from Github here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterTimeWarpContinued/releases/tag/2.3.12.4

I'll make a formal release announcement once CKAN is fixed. 

31 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@linuxgurugamer He7hhSuyb.png

And here's my mod list

Am I missing something here?

Ummm, yes.  First, please do NOT post logs in the forum.  It really causes problems for people on mobile, and for the forum in general.  Please delete it from the post.

Second, you are missing the ClickThroughBlocker

On 10/29/2019 at 5:17 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.3.11.8 for KSP 1.7.3 & 2.3.12.4 for KSP 1.8

• Fixed issue with selected timewarp being reset upon scene change

Thank you very much. This makes playing rescaled systems much smoother and now this mod gets a permanent place in my directory.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI it looks like the latest update has a problem... see this thread for details or problem. KSP Version is 1.8.3... just kidding 1.8.1 :)  I just saw someone else was having the exact same issue as me with a UI bug, cross compared what mods we had in common and after adding and removing mods one by one for several hours I found that removing better time warp returned the game to playable state on both new games and my old saves. I didn't think the mod had been updated recently so took a while till I tested removing it. 

18 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

FYI it looks like the latest update has a problem... see this thread for details or problem. KSP Version is 1.8.3... just kidding 1.8.1 :)  I just saw someone else was having the exact same issue as me with a UI bug, cross compared what mods we had in common and after adding and removing mods one by one for several hours I found that removing better time warp returned the game to playable state on both new games and my old saves. I didn't think the mod had been updated recently so took a while till I tested removing it. 

Are you running Launch Numbering by any chance?  This was the exact bug I fixed last night in that mod.

Unfortunately I reinstalled the whole game and all the mods yesterday during this process and so do not have logs of the mod not working. My solution was just to remove it - don't use it often. But the other guy in that thread may still have logs...

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Please provide a log file showing the issue.  Player.log is the one I need.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple and probably dumb question ... how do I use this?

I have installed this, and I know it is installed because on starting up it asked me if I want to check for updates, but there are no options on screen to use the thing. Reading over the thread above it seems that I should see a "B" button in the control panel and a drop down arrow next to the time warp options but neither exist. What am I missing?

Obligatory screen shot ...

ZuG6Tp5.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.