linuxgurugamer

[1.9.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

Recommended Posts

New release, 2.3.12

  • Added InstallChecker
  • Updated AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Rebuild for 1.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a suggestion/request: in the phys warp settings, allow us to configure timestep and timescale independently. For example, I want to have 10x timescale but keep timestep at 0.02s, so there is no loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 2:04 AM, Dizor said:

By some reason warp rates selection switch back to the standard ones. And I have to activate my custom rates every scene change. This is pretty annoying.
Setting them in the Space Centre says “Default warp set to [customWarpProfileName]” but upon scene change it will revert to default. 

 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:22 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

OK, sounds like a directory got changed.  I'll look into it

 

It's the same for me there on 1.7.3 (BetterTimeWarpContinued v2.3.11.4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flart said:
On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, Dizor said:

By some reason warp rates selection switch back to the standard ones. And I have to activate my custom rates every scene change. This is pretty annoying.
Setting them in the Space Centre says “Default warp set to [customWarpProfileName]” but upon scene change it will revert to default. 

 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:22 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

OK, sounds like a directory got changed.  I'll look into it

 

It's the same for me there on 1.7.3 (BetterTimeWarpContinued v2.3.11.4)

 

I've taken a quick look at the code, nothing obvious jumps out at me.

So, the custom rates stick around, they just aren't selected?

Ok, I think I see where the problem is.    I can't test until this evening, but I should be able to get a fix out this evening.

One thing, right now it will only be for 1.8.  In order to get a version for 1.7, I'll have to do figure out the best way to do this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I just installed this mod and dependencies and for some reason reaction wheels are no longer working for me in orbit.. I'm guessing it's either this mod or the dependencies that's caused it cos it was fine 10 minutes ago before I installed this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, flart said:
On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, Dizor said:

By some reason warp rates selection switch back to the standard ones. And I have to activate my custom rates every scene change. This is pretty annoying.
Setting them in the Space Centre says “Default warp set to [customWarpProfileName]” but upon scene change it will revert to default. 

 

 

It's the same for me there on 1.7.3 (BetterTimeWarpContinued v2.3.11.4)

@flart @Dizor

It was actually a long-standing bug, but the first time that it was mentioned.

There is a fixed version now on SpaceDock for 1.7.3.  CKAN is having a problem indexing it, so I can't release the version for 1.8 until that's fixed.  But you can get the 1.8 version from Github here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterTimeWarpContinued/releases/tag/2.3.12.4

I'll make a formal release announcement once CKAN is fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 2.3.11.8 for KSP 1.7.3 & 2.3.12.4 for KSP 1.8

  • Fixed issue with selected timewarp being reset upon scene change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.3.11.8 for KSP 1.7.3 & 2.3.12.4 for KSP 1.8

  • Fixed issue with selected timewarp being reset upon scene change

Awesome. I thought this was a "feature", lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Awesome. I thought this was a "feature", lol.

Same, I figured it was intended behavior! :D 

Thanks for the update/fix!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I've installed both dependencies and BTW isn't working on 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Okay, I've installed both dependencies and BTW isn't working on 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. Am I missing something?

Working fine for me on 1.8 and 1.8.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Okay, I've installed both dependencies and BTW isn't working on 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. Am I missing something?

Log file, please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@linuxgurugamer He7hhSuyb.png

And here's my mod list

Am I missing something here?

Ummm, yes.  First, please do NOT post logs in the forum.  It really causes problems for people on mobile, and for the forum in general.  Please delete it from the post.

Second, you are missing the ClickThroughBlocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 5:17 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.3.11.8 for KSP 1.7.3 & 2.3.12.4 for KSP 1.8

  • Fixed issue with selected timewarp being reset upon scene change

Thank you very much. This makes playing rescaled systems much smoother and now this mod gets a permanent place in my directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 2:52 PM, szotp said:

Losless physics does not seem to work.

No, it does not work, you can read about it in this thread.

Also, you're making too sharp turn with your rocket :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 2.3.11.9 for KSP 1.7.3 & 2.3.12.5 for KSP 1.8.x

  • Fixed initialization of vars to be initialized in Start() rather than the instantiator

This is an important update, especially for KSP 1.8.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI it looks like the latest update has a problem... see this thread for details or problem. KSP Version is 1.8.3... just kidding 1.8.1 :)  I just saw someone else was having the exact same issue as me with a UI bug, cross compared what mods we had in common and after adding and removing mods one by one for several hours I found that removing better time warp returned the game to playable state on both new games and my old saves. I didn't think the mod had been updated recently so took a while till I tested removing it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

FYI it looks like the latest update has a problem... see this thread for details or problem. KSP Version is 1.8.3... just kidding 1.8.1 :)  I just saw someone else was having the exact same issue as me with a UI bug, cross compared what mods we had in common and after adding and removing mods one by one for several hours I found that removing better time warp returned the game to playable state on both new games and my old saves. I didn't think the mod had been updated recently so took a while till I tested removing it. 

Are you running Launch Numbering by any chance?  This was the exact bug I fixed last night in that mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running Launch Numbering by any chance?

Hmmm... I am now temporarily... the last version of that did not cause the error for me... but Better Time Warp Continued did cause the error... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atlas Gaming said:

Hmmm... I am now temporarily... the last version of that did not cause the error for me... but Better Time Warp Continued did cause the error... 

Please provide a log file showing the issue.  Player.log is the one I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I reinstalled the whole game and all the mods yesterday during this process and so do not have logs of the mod not working. My solution was just to remove it - don't use it often. But the other guy in that thread may still have logs...

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Please provide a log file showing the issue.  Player.log is the one I need.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple and probably dumb question ... how do I use this?

I have installed this, and I know it is installed because on starting up it asked me if I want to check for updates, but there are no options on screen to use the thing. Reading over the thread above it seems that I should see a "B" button in the control panel and a drop down arrow next to the time warp options but neither exist. What am I missing?

Obligatory screen shot ...

ZuG6Tp5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.