[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.3.7:

• Fixed dropdown offset for when no probe control
  • Fixed issue when timewarping >stock max, Inactive Resource Convertors could use fuel more rapidly

You are awesome!

P/s

Just do some testing, on warp with speed 10000000 bug gone, but above that, at least on 15000000 it's still exist.

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.3.7.1:

• Now looks at all vesselsLoaded when fixing the ResourceConverter problem

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just tested with 15000000 and 20000000, worked fine

I did find a bug where anything other than the active vessel would still have it, but for the active vessel, it should be fine, and I'll get out an update in a few minutes for this bug

i5att2.png

119cqyt.png

15rlgn6.png

Just tested again last version, so bug still here BUT, it's shows up only if you turn reactor ON immediately after WARP, if wait few minutes after warp and then turn reactor ON, all will work just fine.

55 minutes ago, eech said:

Just tested again last version, so bug still here BUT, it's shows up only if you turn reactor ON immediately after WARP, if wait few minutes after warp and then turn reactor ON, all will work just fine.

That is the bug.

Log file please

And, I just tested for 16 Y, made sure to turn it on as soon as warp ended.

Are you sure you are running the current version of BTW?

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It doesn't make any sense, according to your logs, it's fixed.  And all the testing I've done shows that as well.

Please send me your save file as well as the output_log.txt file

https://uploadfiles.io/40e93 Here is my save, just press ON and reactor start burn fuel, but you need press ON ASAP after 20 seconds or so bug will gone and reactor start work as intended.

Just now, eech said:

https://uploadfiles.io/40e93 Here is my save, just press ON and reactor start burn fuel, but you need press ON ASAP after 20 seconds or so bug will gone and reactor start work as intended.

Thanks, now waiting for you to test the file I made available about 2 minutes ago.

Just now, eech said:

Aha, after warp 87000 years ahead all work just fine! Good Job!

Ok.

Thank you for  your patience, this appears to be one of those things where it's a timing issue, and on my system it works, while on yours it doesn't.  I see you are running an AMD with 16 gig, I'm running an Intel with 32 gig.  Things like this are very difficult to track down, I'll be crediting you in the changelog for your help

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.

Thank you for  your patience, this appears to be one of those things where it's a timing issue, and on my system it works, while on yours it doesn't.  I see you are running an AMD with 16 gig, I'm running an Intel with 32 gig.  Things like this are very difficult to track down, I'll be crediting you in the changelog for your help

Thanks for fast fix!

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Things like this are very difficult to track down

...and we certainly appreciate your effort, on this and the dozen other mods you seem to be continuing as well! Now that this is fixed I have no excuse to delay my manned Plock lander mission :D

New release, 2.3.7.3:

• Fixed display of very large values to not use scientific notation
  • Fixed issue where sometimes, with high warp, vessels using the ResourceConverter were being unpacked after the fix for the high warp issue was done.  Thanks to forum user @eech for helping to test this.
  • Added code to deal with someone turning on a ResourceConverter while in warp
  • Changed code from being started every scene to only being started at the spacecenter, and set not to destroy
  • Renamed config file in release to defaults, will not overwrite existing configs after this release

Hi there, First: Thank you for this awesome mod. It's much easier to do long burns and do survey missions if you can just phys-warp through them! :D

Now for the main reason I comment: After one of the recent updates BTW no longer remembers my warp profiles. After restarting the game they will be gone. I've tried uninstalling BTW via CKAN and removing the folder in GameData before reinstalling it, but the problem persisted. I'm using v2.3.7.3.

Also, I've seen some textureglitching occur on planets that I haven't seen before (low-res, flickering, on a part of the planet). I doubt these are BTW related, but I figured I'd mention it since they have started happening since recently too.

Edited by Jognt
fixed acronym typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.