Can't remove/add maneuver node...

So I'm halfway to my 1st trip to Duna with a single Engineer piloting the craft and I go to add a new maneuver node and I find I'm locked out.  After some reading, I did't realize you either needed (a) a real pilot or (b) a communication link back to KSC. I'm well outside of comm link as I don't have any of the really big relay antennas unlocked yet to setup my relay network.  

So, how can I get around this for this particular mission?  Is there a way to remove this restriction to allow my mission to continue with maneuver nodes?  

1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

You can change the settings of the game in the difficulty tab to turn Kerbnet off

Heh. "CommNet", actually. It's under the main page of the difficulty settings. Enable/disable Communication Network, or something like that.

3 minutes ago, bewing said:

Heh. "CommNet", actually. It's under the main page of the difficulty settings. Enable/disable Communication Network, or something like that.

Yeah, I forget the names of these things sometimes... So then it's just whatever I think it is with a Kerb in front. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.