What do you do in your spare time?

munlander1

1 minute ago, munlander1 said:

Why? Newts are so much better!

Personal preference. Plus at the time it was easier to carry around my 5" in the back of my old Opal Rekord...

2 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

I don't wanna wait till the end of this year though!

Oh, the basics of my novel excite you that much? I am actually going to indy publish it on Amazon. If all goes well, and I work on it the way I have in the past, I should be ready to release it sometime in August. If it generates enough revenue, I might even take the next summer off so that I can work on the second installment of the series.

45 minutes ago, Cole Dailey said:

I make Youtube videos about me doing something in ksp

What your channel?

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Personal preference. Plus at the time it was easier to carry around my 5" in the back of my old Opal Rekord...

You have a 5" refractor? That must have costed a pretty penny!

Oh, the basics of my novel excite you that much? I am actually going to indy publish it on Amazon. If all goes well, and I work on it the way I have in the past, I should be ready to release it sometime in August. If it generates enough revenue, I might even take the next summer off so that I can work on the second installment of the series.

Well, yes yes indeed.

10 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

You have a 5" refractor? That must have costed a pretty penny!

Back when I bought it, I was a young and single PFC in the Army. It was about $1200 U.S. The 10" that I lost in the divorce was $3800 U.S., but I did get a good deal on it. (Here's what the newer model of it lists at). At the time, it sold for around $5000, but the one I bought had a "defect" (the main body tube had a nice 4" scratch in the finish) so it could not be sold as new. Best way to buy anything like that.

The 3" I have now cost me $45; but I bought it at a yard sale. Some poor schmuck's wife sold it...

Edited by adsii1970
Added hyperlink

Back when I bought it, I was a young and single PFC in the Army. It was about $1200 U.S. The 10" that I lost in the divorce was $3800 U.S., but I did get a good deal on it. (Here's what the newer model of it lists at). At the time, it sold for around $5000, but the one I bought had a "defect" (the main body tube had a nice 4" scratch in the finish) so it could not be sold as new. Best way to buy anything like that.

The 3" I have now cost me $45; but I bought it at a yard sale. Some poor schmuck's wife sold it...

You do any astrophotography?

Just now, munlander1 said:

What happened to that scope?

You have any photos you would mind posting?

I lost that scope in the divorce. What I liked about it was I could hook up my laptop and with the software, send the image directly to the laptop I used.

That computer died in 2006; and unfortunately I do not have any images because I was TOO DUMB TO BACK ANYTHING ELSE UP besides my dissertation. I lost family photos, recipes, and even a novel I had worked on for over two years... *grrrr*

I lost that scope in the divorce. What I liked about it was I could hook up my laptop and with the software, send the image directly to the laptop I used.

That computer died in 2006; and unfortunately I do not have any images because I was TOO DUMB TO BACK ANYTHING ELSE UP besides my dissertation. I lost family photos, recipes, and even a novel I had worked on for over two years... *grrrr*

You still have the hard drive? If you do there is this thing you can plug into your computer. Unless the data got corrupted, you would be able to get everything back.

I have one, it about 20 dollars on Amazon. I can get you the name of it if you want. 

Edited by munlander1

2 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

You still have the hard drive? If you do there is this thing you can plug into your computer.

No, the IDE controller went out in it - literally overheated and melted the connection to the motherboard. So hard drive fried, motherboard cooked. It was an Acer laptop.

Edited by adsii1970

Just now, munlander1 said:

You did do a pretty good job at it! Your current computer backed up?

Oh, yes and in more than one form. I have OneDrive set to automatically sync. Additionally, I do the whole hard drive imaging thing on a backup hard drive every Friday night. :D I've learned my lesson...

Oh, yes and in more than one form. I have OneDrive set to automatically sync. Additionally, I do the whole hard drive imaging thing on a backup hard drive every Friday night. :D I've learned my lesson...

Well at least you learned your lesson.

27 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Not since I lost my 8" back in 2004. :(

You said you had a 10"?

3 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

I am doing my homework in between posts. What subject you teach?

It changes from semester to semester. Right now, World Civilization to 1500, U.S. History to 1865, U.S. History since 1865, and U.S. Foreign Policy to 1900.

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I teach on-line and in person at two locals. I'm considered an adjunct at both. One is in Indiana and the other, Kentucky. Because of privacy, id theft, etc, that's all I am going to say... :D nothing personal.

I completely understand the last part. What the assignment you grading?

It is a discussion question in my on-line course.

Choose two of the codes that deal with commerce.  Why were penalties for violating the code so strict?  How did such severe punishments serve as a deterrent for others to commit similar crimes?

The assigned reading was some excerpts from the Code of Hammurabi.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.