[1.9.x] K2 Command Pod: Two Kerbal stock-alike pod

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Latest version of this mod - the pod itself shows up in the grid of fuel tanks, not the command pods.  I'm sure that's a simple fix and I can probably even hash it out myself, but wanted to mention it

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

Latest version of this mod - the pod itself shows up in the grid of fuel tanks, not the command pods.  I'm sure that's a simple fix and I can probably even hash it out myself, but wanted to mention it

No other mods?

I'll take a look

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

The .cfg file specifies category = Pods so something is wrong on your end? Are you using filter extensions (if so, bring it up in their thread)?

9 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Looks ok over here, I just downloaded from Spacedock, it showed up in pods properly.

Are you running the stock tech tree or something else?

Community Tech Tree.  Its placement in the tech tree is fine, just shows up strangely in the parts grids in the VAB/SPH build editor.  I'll start the mod elimination game to see what's interfering.

On 5/29/2017 at 4:14 AM, Ruedii said:

This mod has a pretty model, but seems to have a rather bad texture. 

Does anyone else think we need a community call to retexture it.

Feel free to do it yourself, I do take PRs and other contributions

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was thinking of doing it once the current next generation parts in the preview mod are in stock.

Since I want to simply texture to the stock texture atlas, and all, it would be a pain if they all changed on me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 11:14 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll keep it on the list of considerations if I go into a particular aspect of modding.   My idea for doing it was to use the stock textures, but those are changing very soon according to Squad's notes and their part overhaul preview.

8 hours ago, strudo76 said:

KSP-AVC says this is compiled against 1.2. Is that expected behavior? Version 1.1.8.2 downloaded with CKAN.

It's fine, check the .version file. it should say that the max version is 1.3.99:

"KSP_VERSION_MAX":
	{
		"MAJOR":1,
		"MINOR":3,
		"PATCH":99
	}

I did update the ksp-avc site, it was out-of-date

I want to try to add a emissive layer to the capsule so it has lights.  I need all the parts like the model, collision mesh, etc to do this, but I'm not seeing these on the source page on github. Do you have these somewhere where I can get them?

7 hours ago, Sentmassen said:

I want to try to add a emissive layer to the capsule so it has lights.  I need all the parts like the model, collision mesh, etc to do this, but I'm not seeing these on the source page on github. Do you have these somewhere where I can get them?

Nope.  You can try contacting the original author

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@linuxgurugamer Can you please make this pod 1.875 m, as 1.25 m doesn't make sense for a 2-kerbal pod in which the kerbals are sitting side-by-side, as one kerbal fits in that orientation in the mk1 pod,so this needs to be wider.

Thanks, Bottle Rocketeer 500

No.  

Without helmets, they would fit.

There is at least one other 1.25m pod which also has 2 kerbals.

If you don't like it,either don't use it or edit the config to increase the size by 50%.  You can use the following to do it, Just make sure you have ModuleManager installed:

Copy the following into a file called "K21875.cfg"  anywhere inside the GameData directory:

@PART[K2Pod]
{
	%rescaleFactor = 1.5
}

• 1 month later...

A suggestion: Add a cfg that detects some of the more common tech tree rebalance mods and adjusts accordingly. For my own use with SETI Unmanned Before Manned, I've moved it to advFlightControl to keep it between the Mk1 and Mk1-2.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:26 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

No.  

Without helmets, they would fit.

There is at least one other 1.25m pod which also has 2 kerbals.

If you don't like it,either don't use it or edit the config to increase the size by 50%.  You can use the following to do it, Just make sure you have ModuleManager installed:

Copy the following into a file called "K21875.cfg"  anywhere inside the GameData directory:

@PART[K2Pod]
{
	%rescaleFactor = 1.5
}

FYI, in the next release of this, there will be a patch installable via PatchManager to install this patch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.