linuxgurugamer

[1.2.1, 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7] K2 Command Pod: Two Kerbal stock-alike pod

On 1/14/2017 at 4:49 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

making it handy for rescue missions

I use it for tourist contracts.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:34 AM, Kerbal101 said:

Somebody flagged this awesome mod to not work with 1.3.1 on spacedock.

Is this claim true?

No, it works fine on 1.3.1

@linuxgurugamer some sort of problem with the metadata on CKAN

Original K2 Command Pod is what shows up. It has jfjohnny5 as the author, app version 1.4,  no source code link, the forum link is to the old thread, and the Max KSP Version is listed at 1.1.2
Then there should be an entry for K2 Command Pod Continued, which is credited to you, but lists app version 1.1.8.2 for KSP Version 1.3.1, but does not show was available.  If I change the compatible version for KSP to "1.1", it appears.

FYI, opening the JSON I see this:

For the New one K2CommandPodCont

"module_version": {
				"1.1.8.2": {
					"abstract": "The K2 Command Pod. This pod supports 2 Kerbals (but only requires 1 - making it handy for rescue missions). This",
					"description": null,
					"kind": null,
					"author": [
						"linuxgurugamer"
					],
					"comment": null,
					"conflicts": [
						{
							"name": "K2CommandPod"
						}
					],
					"depends": null,
					"download": "https://spacedock.info/mod/1163/K2%20Command%20Pod%20Continued/download/1.1.8.2",
					"download_size": 849058,
					"download_hash": {
						"sha1": "30855DEB473B974A592976EDBD4975E46A2F5208",
						"sha256": "8BF0E28ACA1A8C32147CA1A628E50A5AD5817D84FEC7E817CE898E915994A7D3"
					},
					"identifier": "K2CommandPodCont",
					"ksp_version": "1.3.1",
					"ksp_version_max": null,
					"ksp_version_min": null,
					"ksp_version_strict": false,
					"license": [
						"CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0"
					],
					"name": "K2 Command Pod Continued",
					"provides": null,
					"recommends": null,
					"release_status": null,
					"resources": {
						"repository": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/K2_Command_Pod",
						"homepage": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155013-12-k2-command-pod-two-kerbal-stock-alike-pod/",
						"bugtracker": null,
						"spacedock": "https://spacedock.info/mod/1163/K2%20Command%20Pod%20Continued",
						"curse": null
					},
					"suggests": null,
					"version": "1.1.8.2",
					"supports": [
						{
							"name": "ConnectedLivingSpace"
						},
						{
							"name": "TacLifeSupport"
						}
					],
					"install": [
						{
							"file": "GameData/JFJohnny5",
							"find": null,
							"find_regexp": null,
							"find_matches_files": false,
							"install_to": "GameData",
							"as": null,
							"filter": null,
							"filter_regexp": null
						}
					],
					"spec_version": "v1.4"
				},

For the old one:

"module_version": {
				"1.4": {
					"abstract": "K2 Command Pod: Two Kerbal stock-alike pod",
					"description": null,
					"kind": null,
					"author": [
						"jfjohnny5"
					],
					"comment": null,
					"conflicts": null,
					"depends": null,
					"download": "https://spacedock.info/mod/700/K2%20Command%20Pod/download/1.4",
					"download_size": 899760,
					"download_hash": {
						"sha1": "79F2FCABA9FEF8197372166424303F19C3B579EC",
						"sha256": "D189EF8BA5DCF6BAD6C0ACDE832A0F282390A84242A9685B58C0DA82B4D0BC05"
					},
					"identifier": "K2CommandPod",
					"ksp_version": "1.1.2",
					"ksp_version_max": null,
					"ksp_version_min": null,
					"ksp_version_strict": false,
					"license": [
						"CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0"
					],
					"name": "K2 Command Pod",
					"provides": null,
					"recommends": null,
					"release_status": null,
					"resources": {
						"repository": null,
						"homepage": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/94581-104",
						"bugtracker": null,
						"spacedock": "https://spacedock.info/mod/700/K2%20Command%20Pod",
						"curse": null
					},
					"suggests": null,
					"version": "1.4",
					"supports": null,
					"install": [
						{
							"file": "GameData/JFJohnny5",
							"find": null,
							"find_regexp": null,
							"find_matches_files": false,
							"install_to": "GameData",
							"as": null,
							"filter": null,
							"filter_regexp": null
						}
					],
					"spec_version": "v1.4"
				},

Edited by Murdabenne
addition

OK, this is weird.  Now I see it after restarting CKAN. I was trying out and weeding out a lot of addons,  I guess CKAN corrupted its own data somehow.

Edited by Murdabenne

On 11/24/2017 at 9:09 PM, Murdabenne said:

OK, this is weird.  Now I see it after restarting CKAN. I was trying out and weeding out a lot of addons,  I guess CKAN corrupted its own data somehow.

CKAN caches things, so sometimes you do need to restart it

Sadly or fortunately, depending on your point of view, this mod is kinda "useless" since we get two 2 seat command pods in the stock game. However, the siize of the Gemini like stock command pod is 1.875 m in diameter, the K-2 still enters the 1.250 m diameter category. 

On the other hand, the vostok like stock command pod is a 1.250 m diameter category but ruins rocket aerodynamics with its shape, requiring either good piloting, not too powerful engines or a fairing for it to work well at launch and doesn't have any reaction wheel or built in RCS, but is still made to somehow put itself butt first during reentry.

I surprisingly never really find use for the K-2 Command pod and prefereed the Knes 2 seat dog nose like Patin command pod for rescue and early tourist missions, since it can some how fly in atmosphere with an integrated ablator. That one has built in full SAS system as well making keeping it in the right direction very easy in early game when Kerbals don't have any experience whatsoever and can be fully functional without any pilot in the driver seat, kind of cheaty, where the K-2 is just a normal command pod.

I also see that the K-2 doesn't have lights on graphics so it stays dark whatever you do...

It is still cute, though.

I guess it is still usable with one original Mk16 parachute and doesn't need more to slow down at the correct return touch down speed.

5 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Sadly or fortunately, depending on your point of view, this mod is kinda "useless" since we get two 2 seat command pods in the stock game. However, the siize of the Gemini like stock command pod is 1.875 m in diameter, the K-2 still enters the 1.250 m diameter category. 

On the other hand, the vostok like stock command pod is a 1.250 m diameter category but ruins rocket aerodynamics with its shape, requiring either good piloting, not too powerful engines or a fairing for it to work well at launch and doesn't have any reaction wheel or built in RCS, but is still made to somehow put itself butt first during reentry.

I surprisingly never really find use for the K-2 Command pod and prefereed the Knes 2 seat dog nose like Patin command pod for rescue and early tourist missions, since it can some how fly in atmosphere with an integrated ablator. That one has built in full SAS system as well making keeping it in the right direction very easy in early game when Kerbals don't have any experience whatsoever and can be fully functional without any pilot in the driver seat, kind of cheaty, where the K-2 is just a normal command pod.

I also see that the K-2 doesn't have lights on graphics so it stays dark whatever you do...

It is still cute, though.

I guess it is still usable with one original Mk16 parachute and doesn't need more to slow down at the correct return touch down speed.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, sometimes it's better to NOT say it.

If nothing else, this allows current saves which use it to continue.

True, that's why I still took it, because I can't remember if I used it or not in my old save, so just in case. It still give you more options for ship building and I don't remember the price, may be it helps in carrier to avoid overly expansive craft for small missions.

new release, 1.1.8.4:

• Updated version file
  • Added Jenkins config
  • Renamed Extras directory to K2_Extra

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping mods like this alive despite the odd negative comments you seem to accumulate. I'm still new to the game and haven't decided to pick up the DLC yet, so access to a 2-man command pod was lacking. So far I'd gotten by with a Mk1 pod and a Lander can strapped behind it, but that's such an ugly and inelegant solution; I'm looking forward to exploring all the ways I can include this capsule in my future craft!

7 hours ago, JH4C said:

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping mods like this alive despite the odd negative comments you seem to accumulate. I'm still new to the game and haven't decided to pick up the DLC yet, so access to a 2-man command pod was lacking. So far I'd gotten by with a Mk1 pod and a Lander can strapped behind it, but that's such an ugly and inelegant solution; I'm looking forward to exploring all the ways I can include this capsule in my future craft!

Glad you like it.

There is an Extras folder included, which patches the K2 from a 1.25m to a 1.875m diameter

I do recommend the DLC, but can understand your desire to wait.

And yes, some people feel very entitled, it's just something that mod authors like myself have to deal with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.