[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Yeah I tried changing the order I put them on the craft, no change.

Also with the FLIR ball sometimes it will lunch missiles backwards, which is a waste. Any way to tell it to launch maverick when the target is in front? 

18 minutes ago, RuBisCO said:

Yeah I tried changing the order I put them on the craft, no change.

Also with the FLIR ball sometimes it will lunch missiles backwards, which is a waste. Any way to tell it to launch maverick when the target is in front? 

Can you post an image of the craft having these issues?

39 minutes ago, RuBisCO said:

https://kerbalx.com/RuBisCO/Arranoa

Just replace its AA missiles with AG guided missiles and bombs. 

I'll be honest, I haven't seen any of this behavior. And I can't see why that craft would behave this way unless it's just choosing what to fire based on it predicting which had a better chance to hit.

1 hour ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

ok

Have you tried deleting bdarmory and reinstalling it?

1 hour ago, RuBisCO said:

Well is there any way of turning off predicting which one has a better chance to hit?

If you fire missiles manually you an choose whichever type you fancy. There's no way to stop the AI choosing a particular weapon, it's setup to try and win, so wants to use the best option, based on range and speed of target  and available weapons.    The weapon smart pick is a core part of the whole weapon manager process.   Although you can severely restrict it's choices by altering the individual missiles engagement options

I've got the same problem with the ATGMs firing backwards. In fact, sometimes they can ONLY be fired backwards. I haven't really tested it, but (just an assumption) it might have something to do with mirroring, because I remember that some of them fire forwards and some fire backwards.

36 minutes ago, Deathpuff12 said:

I've got the same problem with the ATGMs firing backwards. In fact, sometimes they can ONLY be fired backwards. I haven't really tested it, but (just an assumption) it might have something to do with mirroring, because I remember that some of them fire forwards and some fire backwards.

I'm assuming your are saying "air to ground missile" here if I'm wrong I'm sorry. As soon as you made this post I started up KSP to see what your talking about and ran things for over 30 minutes and from every angle I could think of and not once did any missile behave in this way every missile fired and went exactly where it was told to go, not once did anything fire backwards for sure. It may help these guys/gals if you provide more info like what weapon this is happening with and the situation it's happening in. Do you have Physics Range Extender installed? A screenshot or link to a video would help tons.

Yes the firing backwards things... what I mean is for example the target is north, the plane (with BD pilot on) does some maneuvers to avoid incoming missiles from the target, between missile volleys the plane will attempt to fire on the target, but it won't necessarily line up with the target (face north) it will even launch mavericks south sometimes (180 degrees from the target). I think this happens only with the FLIR ball as it can lock on to a target behind the plane. The FLIR pod can't look backwards and I have not seen it try to launch maverick missiles at such an extreme angle of attack. The only problem is the pod takes up one missile rack.  

17 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

If you made it following the instructions, you need a decoupler in the bottom of the VLS tube to attach the missile to. But the missile should, yes, show up in the WM list.

Album http://imgur.com/a/Nf5bo will appear when post is submitted

I got it to show up in weapon manager and put decouplers, but when I click on "unnamed', no VLS door opens, thus making it so I cannot launch the missile. Am I doing something wrong or has this feature not been implemented? (Custom missile)

1 hour ago, RuBisCO said:

Yes the firing backwards things... what I mean is for example the target is north, the plane (with BD pilot on) does some maneuvers to avoid incoming missiles from the target, between missile volleys the plane will attempt to fire on the target, but it won't necessarily line up with the target (face north) it will even launch mavericks south sometimes (180 degrees from the target). I think this happens only with the FLIR ball as it can lock on to a target behind the plane. The FLIR pod can't look backwards and I have not seen it try to launch maverick missiles at such an extreme angle of attack. The only problem is the pod takes up one missile rack.  

How do you have the flir ball attached?

A possible cause is that the same code is ran for both the flir and the flir pod which could mean that if you dont mount the flir pointing forward (forward being the direction that the camera lense is pointing) you can experience this phenomenon 

More digging is required to see if this is true

1 hour ago, GiantTank said:

Album http://imgur.com/a/Nf5bo will appear when post is submitted

I got it to show up in weapon manager and put decouplers, but when I click on "unnamed', no VLS door opens, thus making it so I cannot launch the missile. Am I doing something wrong or has this feature not been implemented? (Custom missile)

I don't think the door will open with Modular Missiles. As far as I know only Cargo Bays will be opened if you click the option 'In Cargo Bay' for the missile. 

To fire the missiles I always use Guard Mode but I'd expect that you can use the same process used for standard missiles to fire it. 

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

I don't think the door will open with Modular Missiles. As far as I know only Cargo Bays will be opened if you click the option 'In Cargo Bay' for the missile. 

To fire the missiles I always use Guard Mode but I'd expect that you can use the same process used for standard missiles to fire it. 

I could swear I got the door to open when I made that modular cruise missile, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

53 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

More digging is required to see if this is true

Dug. Using BDAI test aircraft, loaded hellfires,  3 of the load of 12 where fired as aircraft climbed away from target. There is no chance on earth that the missile is able to make that turn, (it could but it doesn't right now) before impacting the ground or the IR loses lock as camera has to rotate to reposition the camera ball.   Have no clue as to if this a new behaviour as my aircraft combat experience is usually experienced from the other end. 

21 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Dug. Using BDAI test aircraft, loaded hellfires,  3 of the load of 12 where fired as aircraft climbed away from target. There is no chance on earth that the missile is able to make that turn, (it could but it doesn't right now) before impacting the ground or the IR loses lock as camera has to rotate to reposition the camera ball.   Have no clue as to if this a new behaviour as my aircraft combat experience is usually experienced from the other end. 

Seems logical, there was never a check in guard mode whether a missile is facing towards a target. Assumption is, if it can be locked then a guided weapon can be fired to reach it.

If we implement such a check it would prevent ships on guard mode utilizing missiles loaded in a VLS, and that would be a pitty.
Tying such a "facing towards target" check to the condition of "isFlying" might make sense though... 

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

1 hour ago, TheDog said:

Seems logical, there was never a check in guard mode whether a missile is facing towards a target. Assumption is, if it can be locked then a guided weapon can be fired to reach it.

If we implement such a check it would prevent ships on guard mode utilizing missiles loaded in a VLS, and that would be a pitty.
Tying such a "facing towards target" check to the condition of "isFlying" might make sense though... 

My suspicion is confirmed ... The FLIR Targeting Ball as well as the FLIR Targeting Pod MUST be pointed in the general direction of travel for a given craft

I conducted 2 tests ..........

1- FLIR Ball oriented in the direction of travel in which it was found that there was no possibility of getting a lock, therefore no firing of missile
2- FLIR Ball oriented facing the ground in which it was found that once a lock was attained there was a missile launch

This leads me to believe 2 things ........

1- that as soon as the Weapon Manager has a lock it will fire
2- the camera lens on the FLIR Ball/Targeting Pod is the front of these parts and they both need to be pointed towards the direction of travel (front of the craft) otherwise if you get a lock behind you the Weapon Manager will fire

Edited by DoctorDavinci

@DoctorDavinci  

hey,eh

I`m a player from China,I love BDA very much,so i want to share this mod to my Chinese friends,But my friends can`t download ur mod from here because of the internet problem(GFW,you know),so can i download your mod and upload it to a Chinese Cloud disk and share it with my friends?

{i won`t use it for any kinds of  commercial use,and i ll indicate the source.}

hope u can agree,Thanks alot

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

My suspicion is confirmed ... The FLIR Targeting Ball as well as the FLIR Targeting Pod MUST be pointed in the general direction of travel for a given craft

Doc, can you add your notes to this issue https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/85

I've seen this before but your tests have more details. Thanks

2 hours ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Hey! X300 I tried re-installing it, but it still dissapears when I click on fire missile.

HI, to assist you any further a screenshot of you r GameData folder and the opened BDA folder. Also a zipped copy of your KSP.log. Without those items further help is just guessing. :)