[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Heres the link to the game data, but what do you mean by the zipped KSP.log?

7 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, to assist you any further a screenshot of you r GameData folder and the opened BDA folder. Also a zipped copy of your KSP.log. Without those items further help is just guessing. :)

Heres the GameData, But I don't know what you mean by the zipped copy of the KSP.log

4 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Heres the link to the game data, but what do you mean by the zipped KSP.log?

Heres the GameData, But I don't know what you mean by the zipped copy of the KSP.log

You have a GameData folder inside your GameData Folder, AND inside the Squad folder,  THIS IS WRONG.  You should never put any folders or files in the Squad folder. You should never have a GameData Folder within a GameData folder . In short your install is a mess and i'm surprised it works at all. I strongly suggest deleting that whole game and reinstalling.  Then only add mods to your GameData folder no other location, 

Any mod that comes packaged like so.  ubermodv111/GameData/TheModFolder. requires that only the TheModFolder.is installed to GameData. Installing it any other way will break your game and certainly in many cases break all the mods.

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You have a GameData folder inside your GameData Folder, AND inside the Squad folder,  THIS IS WRONG.  You should never put any folders or files in the Squad folder. You should never have a GameData Folder within a GameData folder . In short your install is a mess and i'm surprised it works at all. I strongly suggest deleting that whole game and reinstalling.  Then only add mods to your GameData folder no other location, 

Any mod that comes packaged like so.  ubermodv111/GameData/TheModFolder. requires that only the TheModFolder.is installed to GameData. Installing it any other way will break your game and certainly in many cases break all the mods.

Ok I am re-Installing it now. Then I will try

2 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

When I re-installed it, I tried again, and it still dissapears. I think its a problem with things decoupling because the TR18 Enchancer Dissapears when I decouple it.

You don't have PhysicsRangeExtender installed

12 hours ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Where is the PRE icon?

Watch the following video ... You will see in the upper right hand side of the screen a bunch of little boxes - You should have at the very least one that has 'PRE' inside of it and another that has 'BDA' in it

14 hours ago, gomker said:

Doc, can you add your notes to this issue https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/85

I've seen this before but your tests have more details. Thanks

Notes and video added

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Hi guys,

I'm on vacation so I couldn't try latest versions of BDAc, but now when there is implemented firing to missiles with CIWS, ships with guns, etc. is it possible for AI to fire two guns at same time? Like locking onto four targets, firing on enemy craft with main guns, incoming two missiles with CIWS and enemy plane with rockets? I'm speaking of ship warfare now.

I couldn't test it because I have no to little Internet and pc here. Thx for info.

Ave! Toonu

5 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Hi guys,

I'm on vacation so I couldn't try latest versions of BDAc, but now when there is implemented firing to missiles with CIWS, ships with guns, etc. is it possible for AI to fire two guns at same time? Like locking onto four targets, firing on enemy craft with main guns, incoming two missiles with CIWS and enemy plane with rockets? I'm speaking of ship warfare now.

I couldn't test it because I have no to little Internet and pc here. Thx for info.

Ave! Toonu

So far, no. It might be added eventually, but for now you can try this:

35 minutes ago, Deathpuff12 said:

So far, no. It might be added eventually, but for now you can try this:

Thx for fast reply. This is too part sensitive I think. Should I try to add it into feature request? I'm ok(and was okay for some year or more) with one target at time, but now in naval update, there can be some ship related improvements. The developers are making great work and progress though.

4 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Thx for fast reply. This is too part sensitive I think. Should I try to add it into feature request? 

Afaik we already have a feature request for that, and I can assure you it is also high on my wish list.

It might not come next version, but I want to tackle this in the near future, as I also love to see my aegis destroyers utilize their full potentials... :)

2 hours ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

, I tried again, and it still dissapears.

Another screenshot of your GameData folder will be needed , i will be very disappointed if you still have mod folders in  the Squad folder, and Gamedata folders in your GameData folder. KSP.log you will find it in your main KSP folder, zip it up and place a link here.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hi BDArmory fans, this is just a dev video I have recorded today testing a new ballistic guidance for ICBM missile types.

On this video I'm using KSP 1.3: RSS, RSSVE, FAR, SM Marine, dev version of BDArmory from my RBDA branch and a custom modular missile with two stages : 1st stage: 4 x Procedural SRBs, 2nd stage: liquid engine.

The circular ballistic guidance try to follow a circle until apoapsis. Then  it uses SAS Prograde and it  will calculate and compensate the horizontal speed needed to reach the target. Finally it will change to a AGM terminal guidance when the atmosphere is dense enough to use the missile ailerons for final corrections.

This is a work in progress, currently it only work with modular missiles but I will try to port the code to make it compatible with standard missiles (SCUD,etc)

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi BDArmory fans, this is just a dev video I have recorded today testing a new ballistic guidance for ICBM missile types.

On this video I'm using KSP 1.3: RSS, RSSVE, FAR, SM Marine, dev version of BDArmory from my RBDA branch and a custom modular missile with two stages : 1st stage: 4 x Procedural SRBs, 2nd stage: liquid engine.

The circular ballistic guidance try to follow a circle until apoapsis. Then  it uses SAS Prograde and it  will calculate and compensate the horizontal speed needed to reach the target. Finally it will change to a AGM terminal guidance when the atmosphere is dense enough to use the missile ailerons for final corrections.

This is a work in progress, currently it only work with modular missiles but I will try to port the code to make it compatible with standard missiles (SCUD,etc)

It'l be nice for some ICBMs that are yet to be available, to break that 75km barrier!

Any ideas why it says 'Range = 0 meters'? It says the same thing for every radar-capable part, and the configs don't mention range. I think the range being set low is why I haven't been able to get contacts, even with a target being within detection and visual range.

14 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:
Any ideas why it says 'Range = 0 meters'? It says the same thing for every radar-capable part, and the configs don't mention range. I think the range being set low is why I haven't been able to get contacts, even with a target being within detection and visual range.

It is a bug that this field is shown, it has not effect (at the moment, at least...).

All radars at the moment technically have the same range, which is limited to 40km.

Not all radars have the same detection capabilities, though. Smaller craft might evade detection, and look-down from air to ground leads to ground clutter, which can also hinder detection.

11 minutes ago, TheDog said:

It is a bug that this field is shown, it has not effect (at the moment, at least...).

All radars at the moment technically have the same range, which is limited to 40km.

Not all radars have the same detection capabilities, though. Smaller craft might evade detection, and look-down from air to ground leads to ground clutter, which can also hinder detection.

These ain't small craft.

Hi all.

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow the A.I. to execute pugachevs cobra, or any similar maneuver. Maybe this could be done by having a setting in the pilot guidance (Supermaneuverable true/false). This could amp up the steer damping and/or recduce control authority on control surfaces so that the unstable fighter does not lose control during turns, but when the AI thinks its necessary, it will lower steer damping and/or raise control authority, allowing it to pull a maneuver. I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, but it would be cool to finally give supermaneuverable fighters the advantage they have in real life.