[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Hey! This is a image of my problem. My Problem Is, That I don't know how to arm the bomb so that it explodes big! Can someone help me? Image: http://imgur.com/a/412nF

I don't see any picture on that link. 

But regarding explosives or bombs, you don't really need to arm them.

Missiles once they have fired they will explode on collision 

And the same for bombs (Bombs are also considered a type of missile in BDA). 

For modular missiles, if the missile has a explosive part(procedural or warhead) these explosive parts will be Armed once the missile is fired. 

8 hours ago, UnknownEclipse said:

Hi all.

Regarding the pilot AI flight abilities, the pilot AI was written by Ferram  creator of FAR , and is not something that can be improved without a similar or greater understanding of KSP aerodynamics than Ferram, I think it's fair to say that while the current team understand how it all works, but as for making it better or adding advanced maneuvers, without ruining something else in the process, that, i feel is currently outside the area of focus, and probably outside the comfort zone of many of the team members. We would be more than happy to take pull requests for AI enhancements of any type.

Hi, can you guys make it so that the Modular Missile Guidance doesn't automatically turn off fuel drain on the fuel tanks attached to it? Players could disable fuel drain through disabling crossfeed on the decouplers. The thing with auto-disable is that it doesn't always disable the correct fuel tanks.

20 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

It'l be nice for some ICBMs that are yet to be available, to break that 75km barrier!

I have ICBM stuff done, but I pulled it out of the mod(except the Peacekeeper bus) when I seen the first 90+km video from JR and I have seen someone mention there may be another booster stage added to BDA. So I'm waiting to see what all gets added/implemented into the next release of BDA so I can determine what ICBM parts I can add.

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

Hi, can you guys make it so that the Modular Missile Guidance doesn't automatically turn off fuel drain on the fuel tanks attached to it? Players could disable fuel drain through disabling crossfeed on the decouplers. The thing with auto-disable is that it doesn't always disable the correct fuel tanks.

Hi! 

This was done on purpose :) Some jet engines can drain your liquid fuel for all your tanks at the same time even when using decouplers. 

The best way to keep the missile isolated is locking every single resource it has until you fire it. And that is the way I have implemented it. 

But If you have found an issue or you have an enhancement proposal you can add an entry on github explaining it :)

Edited by jrodriguez

10 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi! 

This was done on purpose :) Some jet engines can drain your liquid fuel for all your tanks at the same time even when using decouplers. 

The best way to keep the missile isolated is locking every single resource it has until you fire it. And that is the way I have implemented it. 

But If you have found an issue or you have an enhancement proposal you can add an entry on github explaining it :)

Hi, I think that was an oversight on the part of Squad in previous versions, with regards to default crossfeed values. At least in 1.3 every decoupler is defaulted to No Crossfeed, I just tested the main craft's engines shouldn't drain from missiles even if the craft builder never tweaked any values now. So there should be no harm in removing this feature.

It's keep me from building automatically jettisoning drop tanks for AI planes, because the plane won't take fuel from them argh! :(  If you mean to keep this, can you make it so that it only sets the fuel-drain values once? When the MMGuidance is first place down? So at least I would be able to manually edit the craft file to re-enable fuel drain. Right now it's sets the fuel drain every time the craft is loaded, so even if I edit the craft file the drain gets disabled again when the craft is spawned in.

Edited by goduranus

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

It's keep me from building automatically jettisoning drop tanks for AI planes, because the plane won't take fuel from them argh! :(   

That is very strange...only those parts child of the modular missile core and between  a decoupler should get the resources locked. 

Edited by jrodriguez

Question! Does the AI use GPS guided weapons or is that a no?

Do I have to gather the GPS coordinates for them, and then select them? Or will they auto engage targets with GPS weapons. I'm using a few different add-ons that add in a lot of GPS guided surface/slw missiles

43 minutes ago, caelo said:

Question! Does the AI use GPS guided weapons or is that a no?

Do I have to gather the GPS coordinates for them, and then select them? Or will they auto engage targets with GPS weapons. I'm using a few different add-ons that add in a lot of GPS guided surface/slw missiles

GPS missiles will if correctly set be used by the AI. Do note that for the AI to be able to select a GPS target the weapon manager must be able to see it,(must be within maximum view range)  AND it must be targeted with the camera module.( The camera module is the only unit capable of transmitting GPS coordinates)  GPS missiles are not the preferred choice for any target that has the potential to move.

However certain GPS guided missiles now have a terminal guidance option, developed by @TheDog this gives the GPS missile an ability to at a set put activate an internal radar and lock onto a target. 

For targets out of range and long range targets you have to collect the coordinates yourself, though it's only a minor task using vessel mover and a craft with a camera.For these long range targets as with everything else, if it's out of weapon manager range the AI does not see it.

All of the Anti ship and cruise types in BDA and my personal mods can be and are fired by the AI during combat simulations, though accuracy depends on target movement etc.

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

GPS missiles will if correctly set be used by the AI. Do note that for the AI to be able to select a GPS target the weapon manager must be able to see it,(must be within maximum view range)  AND it must be targeted with the camera module.( The camera module is the only unit capable of transmitting GPS coordinates)  GPS missiles are not the preferred choice for any target that has the potential to move.

However certain GPS guided missiles now have a terminal guidance option, developed by @TheDog this gives the GPS missile an ability to at a set put activate an internal radar and lock onto a target. 

For targets out of range and long range targets you have to collect the coordinates yourself, though it's only a minor task using vessel mover and a craft with a camera.For these long range targets as with everything else, if it's out of weapon manager range the AI does not see it.

All of the Anti ship and cruise types in BDA and my personal mods can be and are fired by the AI during combat simulations, though accuracy depends on target movement etc.

Thank you! I was curious about it, been a long time fan of BDAC, since i suck at every aspect of the game outside of Kerbin

1 minute ago, goduranus said:

Hi, I think Modular Missile Guidance won't obey maximum range settings anymore, at least with Radar AAMs.

Missiles Radar targeting  have a maximum 'resolution' so yes, there is a limit. I think We need to rethink that because It makes no sense to define a range and then be limited by the radar resolution property. 

As work around you can try RBDA I increased this radar range there. 

13 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Missiles Radar targeting  have a maximum 'resolution' so yes, there is a limit. I think We need to rethink that because It makes no sense to define a range and then be limited by the radar resolution property. 

As work around you can try RBDA I increased this radar range there. 

I meant that it won't obey the shorter range limit I set for it(the Maximum Static Launch Range in the settings). Say that if the radar detects the enemy at 8km, it will launch right away, even though I set the Modular Guidance to launch at 5km. 

I also noticed that the AI will not turn on the radar to fire a radar guided Modular Missile in some tests I ran.

Edited by goduranus

Ok this is the odd thing I found. The "Engage Range Max" setting will only be obeyed if after the craft spawns in, you right click on the MMG and click on "Enable Engagement Options" 

Setting the "Enabled Engagement Options" in the SPH then saving the craft won't do. You have to right click on each missile of each craft after you spawn them in and "Engagement Options". This did not used to be the case in the previous release of BDA.

Edited by goduranus

Having the range be controlled by both the radar range and a manually set static launch range is not an invalid idea. IRL missiles should be fired within the shorter of guidance range and fuel range. So static launch range acts like fuel range, and the radar lockon range serves as the guidance range.

Also, the current "Maximum Static Range" is out of whack, 5000 is somehow around 10km, and I have to set it to -1000 to get it to fire at 2.5km.

Edited by goduranus

6 hours ago, goduranus said:

Ok this is the odd thing I found. The "Engage Range Max" setting will only be obeyed if after the craft spawns in, you right click on the MMG and click on "Enable Engagement Options" 

You are talking about Modular Missiles right?

Engagement Options are disabled by default for MM. The reason is because you don't really need it,  it is enough with the Static Launch ranges and max radar ranges. 

But as I said before, if you want to report an issue or you have a proposal. The best place to report it is on the Github Issues section, it is very easy to forgot about threads comments. 

5 hours ago, goduranus said:

Also, the current "Maximum Static Range" is out of whack, 5000 is somehow around 10km, and I have to set it to -1000 to get it to fire at 2.5km.

I will check this

1 hour ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Oh. That MAY have been a helpful thing to know...

It's actually stated on the first page and has been mentioned with every update since PRE was made a dependency.

How exactly does the terminal guidance mode in BDArmory's cruise missiles work? Does it just switch to radar guidance (or some other guidance type) at the 'terminalGuidanceDistance' specified in MMPatches? Or do I have to lock a radar target in addition to specifying a GPS target and launching? Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be working well for the AI (In my installation anyway). The AI launched missiles seem to just hit where the target was once 30 or 60 seconds ago. I'll have to play with it some more though in order to make sure it's the AI and not me, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Also, the node definitions in the configs don't seem to match the ingame nodes. There's only one node_stack_top definition on the missiles which is the same as the surface attachment node. What's the deal? Is there some magical hidden config patch hidden somewhere adding that second attachment node we see on the missiles booster end in game? I'd like to clear my bamboozlement as I'm thinking of making my own personal use anti-ship missiles and I'd like to get the node correct this time. (Since I feel that I'm neither responsible or confident enough to maintain my own mod, I'll probably donate them to some other person who can put it into a pack of their own).

On the new sonar sensors, they could definitely use a higher impact tolerance, as I find that occasionally they break, leaving the ship using the sonar having no capability of using torps. If time and effort allows, a deployable towed array could be added, or a significantly larger sonar suite meant to be mounted on a keel of a ship. It would also be nice if the radar datalink can work with sonar, so that my torpedo armed helicopters don't have to have dipping sonar (Again though, I'm not sure if it actually doesn't work. There's probably also a way to make this work by looking at the datalink's configs, but I haven't looked at it yet.) Nevermind it works.

Also the continued branch is 420 commits ahead of Bahamuto's last update. Heh.

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey
More stuff I forgot to add.

2 hours ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

Does it just switch to radar guidance (or some other guidance type) at the 'terminalGuidanceDistance' specified in MMPatches?

The AI launched missiles seem to just hit where the target was once 30 or 60 seconds ago.  

That's how it works, yes. The missile has an active radar for terminal guidance. It will search it's Target itself, no need to lock sth by the launching vessel.

You can enable "debug labels" in the bda settings, then there is a ton of additional debug output written to the log, which might show if the missile could actually lock onto sth or not.

Most efficient to defeat the terminal guidance would be to move away tangentially at 25+ m/s. Then it is unlikely the missiles radar seeker will see you. So if you have very fast craft it is no surprise the terminal guidance is not effective.

Edited by TheDog

3 hours ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

On the new sonar sensors, they could definitely use a higher impact tolerance, as I find that occasionally they break, leaving the ship using the sonar having no capability of using torps. If time and effort allows, a deployable towed array could be added, or a significantly larger sonar suite meant to be mounted on a keel of a ship. It would also be nice if the radar datalink can work with sonar, so that my torpedo armed helicopters don't have to have dipping sonar (Again though, I'm not sure if it actually doesn't work. There's probably also a way to make this work by looking at the datalink's configs, but I haven't looked at it yet.) Nevermind it works.

I can say that "stuff is in the works" for some of what you mentioned, though I cannot say how, where, or when it will be released. As for the datalink, there's a lot of new coding that will have to happen. Right now sonar only shares the radar window, but it is a totally separate entity. And the radar datalink is coded to use radar data, so the sonar data can only be used right now by whatever vessel it's on. (I checked this early on with a dipping sonar helo, and then an accompanying torpedo armed helo, and there was no shared uplink available.)

Hi guys,

I have trouble accessing gitHub, and need an updated version of this mod. Can someone please help out? I have nowhere to download this.

Also I can't find the burn together mod anywhere either.

Also, the proper download link is the gitHub one right?

Thanks!

Edited by william2002730