[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Will y'all be adding new landing gear, as anything larger than the smallest retractable gear will protrude like a sore thumb?

ALG has been adopted into the above mod

Edited by DoctorDavinci

14 minutes ago, THIRTY9CLUES said:

Will y'all be adding new landing gear, as anything larger than the smallest retractable gear will protrude like a sore thumb?

11 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

ALG has been adopted into the above mod

To add to this: Airplane Plus has Hercules gear now, which stow rather neatly despite their size.

5 hours ago, Galane said:

Upon discovering that BDA guns produce recoil (pushed the remains of a splashed fighter jet to shore), someone needs to try this. Build a gunfire powered airplane.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/21/

Nexters Lab once build a rocket in his video :)

https://youtu.be/oyTqkfw361k?t=160

It is automaticaly at that part.

But maybe you should watch the whole video.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:09 AM, Galane said:

Upon discovering that BDA guns produce recoil (pushed the remains of a splashed fighter jet to shore), someone needs to try this. Build a gunfire powered airplane.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/21/

@Jatwaa did a plane at least once.

Spoiler

Anyway the reason I'm over here. Will the bullets hit fairings?

7 hours ago, gus15378 said:

Would there be a possibility of a "fusion sensor" in the future version (i.e. overlaying Radar Warning Receiver info on Radar interface)

Doubtful as the two systems push out a lot of info, and in a multiple craft engagement the radar screen would become very cluttered and make little sense .

Warnings RWR and information Radar  are never shared on the same instrument to prevent confusion.  Admittedly I'm not an expert on modern cockpit avionics, but in the marine  industry the two systems, info and warnings,  are kept isolated . Or in the case of more recent FBW sytems, LCD displays etc glass bridge, activation of a warning system mutes all other info until the problem is dealt with (damn you safe mode) Not something you need to have happen to your Radar.

Worth noting  that  the RCS of a missile is tiny in comparison with a missile,  and the icon displayed is appropriately small, Radar already does show incoming missiles, although once again in a multiple craft engagement you hardly notice them.  Warnings should clear and unambiguous and the RWR as a standalone system gives you that. .

Just my opinion of course. other opinions may be available from local suppliers

6 minutes ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

The BD armory tab doesn't seem to pop up for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Album https://imgur.com/a/Y4uHa will appear when post is submitted

HI  No KSP version info, No KSP.log , No Bdac version number, entitles you to one guess only.  You have in all probability installed incorrectly (50% of such reports)  or installed the wrong BDA version for your KSP( the remaining 50%). 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaJENGyWQ9YnBujSVI3lU

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI  No KSP version info, No KSP.log , No Bdac version number, entitles you to one guess only.  You have in all probability installed incorrectly (50% of such reports)  or installed the wrong BDA version for your KSP( the remaining 50%). 

Oh sorry xD, I used the latest version of bda on ksp 1.3.1.

Just now, BlueDragon1504 said:

Oh sorry xD, I used the latest version of bda on ksp 1.3.1.

You have installed incorrectly in that case, installation path should  be KSP/GameData/BDArmory.  Only install release versions do not install dev versions or source files.   DO note that the only current 1.3.1 version is a BETA and very likely to undergo some changes that may or may not affect saved craft and your game.   I would strongly suggest that you do not use this Beta version in your favorite save.   The current release version is for KSP 1.3 only and will not function correctly in 1.3.1

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Doubtful as the two systems push out a lot of info, and in a multiple craft engagement the radar screen would become very cluttered and make little sense .

Warnings RWR and information Radar  are never shared on the same instrument to prevent confusion.  Admittedly I'm not an expert on modern cockpit avionics, but in the marine  industry the two systems, info and warnings,  are kept isolated . Or in the case of more recent FBW sytems, LCD displays etc glass bridge, activation of a warning system mutes all other info until the problem is dealt with (damn you safe mode) Not something you need to have happen to your Radar.

Worth noting  that  the RCS of a missile is tiny in comparison with a missile,  and the icon displayed is appropriately small, Radar already does show incoming missiles, although once again in a multiple craft engagement you hardly notice them.  Warnings should clear and unambiguous and the RWR as a standalone system gives you that. .

Just my opinion of course. other opinions may be available from local suppliers

Thank for the explanation on the topic. I totally agree with you that by simply overlaying the two system information together, the display would be clutter.

Just as a fun thought for potential implementation of advance radar system. Alternatively, I am thinking that if the different type of object can be displayed with different icon/color for team. (theat w/wo radar, ground, air etc). While this wouldn't "fuse" the sensor, but the amount of information provide would allow the battlespace to be monitored more effectively. 

By the way, I am a big fan of how you are bringing in stealth feature to BDA. Thanks for all the hard work. 

Ok, so I have a pretty weird bug going on here. I'm using v0.3.0.0 of BDAc with v1.3 of KSP. Stock aerodynamics.

Debug labels reveal that sometimes the plane thinks it's going to have a collision, so it pulls either straight up, or flips over and dives for the ground. I'm using the combined weapon manager and autopilot antenna that comes in Aviators Arsenal. But I've had this happen with the standard parts too.

If I need to report the bug anywhere else, or you need any more info, do tell and I shall.

1 hour ago, TheMelonofTruth said:

pretty weird bug

Hi where is you BDA autopilot?

its recommended that you place it oriented in the manner, shown below , by all means offset it into the fuselage once placed,  but start from the correct position, The same applies to the weapon manager, and better functionality has been observed by placing units thusly . Antenna facing FWD

43Dvnmt.png

I see the collision warning on the debug labels and doubt AI pos is the cause but it will eliminate a possible cause however vague the possibility may be.  So relocate the AI and give it another go

Like I said, I was using the combined weapons manager and autopilot antenna part that comes with Aviators Arsenal

But I've relocated using the autopilot and manager like you showed and it's still doing the same thing.

I've had it doing the same thing with other craft too. I've built entirely stock (aside from BDA) crafts too just to check and it does it there as well.

Loading from quicksave and lowering the steer factor or raising the steer damp seems to correct it, but only temporarily. After a few takeoffs with the new settings it starts doing the same thing again regardless.

Thanks for being so quick to reply.

3 minutes ago, TheMelonofTruth said:

Thanks for being so quick to rep

Np. 

Now leaving debug labels on can you do another run, and then zip up and send me the KSP .log,,(post link here)   although it's unlikely that a retrospective fix can be applied,   it will allow the checking of the behavior, to see if it's something to be concerned about, as it's an unchanged system in1.3.1

47 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Np. 

Now leaving debug labels on can you do another run, and then zip up and send me the KSP .log,,(post link here)   although it's unlikely that a retrospective fix can be applied,   it will allow the checking of the behavior, to see if it's something to be concerned about, as it's an unchanged system in1.3.1

I did another couple of runs. Had the debug lines on as well as labels and ran fine twice in a row. Then I turned lines off for the third one and left labels on and it was up to its old tricks.

Here's a link to the KSP log and output_log

Are these the ones you wanted? I'm kind of new at reporting bugs.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9gu7hRq7Qy5ellQNmxRSTZ0M1k

Edited by TheMelonofTruth
Think I got it right this time

53 minutes ago, Aerillium said:

pitchTransformName = short
  yawTransformName = shor

Hi that there is your trouble , those transforms are key to the functioning of any turret .  In this case the name is irrelevant what is important is the local rotations and for your purposes they are wrong , and I also know that there are no stock parts with suitable rotations for straight conversion. No there is no way to change that once a part is exported to KSP from unity.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, TheMelonofTruth said:

Here's a link to the KSP log

Hi and cheers, that helps and the KSP.log is always the first I like and need to see, the rest are mostly of use only to KSP devs and godlike coders.

So to your log, while not awful it' s not awesome either, you have a lot of little errors in mods, some not so little, there's something very wrong with tweakscale. and finally  you have at least one incompatible mod, possibly more

While it's OK, i've mentioned previously that the BDAI  systems seem to respond badly  in what i like to call a dirty game,  that is one with errors , but nothing show stopping , IE it doesn't crash in flight or during launch..

There's nothing that yells a BDAI bug, but one of the things about dirty games is it gets increasingly difficult to find the first domino that fell, and the log takes some reading . You could perhaps create another install, with enough mods (no more) to be able to  launch your demo craft and see what happens with some of the bugs gone.  Do see if you can simply swap your current tweakscale with another for 1.3 as it's not well and must be showing signs in game.  Normally i'd request you try without mods, but that's not going to work as your craft will cease to exist.

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi and cheers, that helps and the KSP.log is always the first I like and need to see, the rest are mostly of use only to KSP devs and godlike coders.

So to your log, while not awful it' s not awesome either, you have a lot of little errors in mods, some not so little, there's something very wrong with tweakscale. and finally  you have at least one incompatible mod, possibly more

While it's OK, i've mentioned previously that the BDAI  systems seem to respond badly  in what i like to call a dirty game,  that is one with errors , but nothing show stopping , IE it doesn't crash in flight or during launch..

There's nothing that yells a BDAI bug, but one of the things about dirty games is it gets increasingly difficult to find the first domino that fell, and the log takes some reading . You could perhaps create another install, with enough mods (no more) to be able to  launch your demo craft and see what happens with some of the bugs gone.  Do see if you can simply swap your current tweakscale with another for 1.3 as it's not well and must be showing signs in game.  Normally i'd request you try without mods, but that's not going to work as your craft will cease to exist.

I know what mods the demo craft uses, so I'll create a new install with just those and give it a go, it'll have to be tomorrow though as its pretty late here.

Enhancement suggestion for the AI battles. Track who shoots whom. Jolly Roger Aerospace and others run BDA aircraft battles on YouTube and it's difficult to impossible to keep track of which planes have taken down others, so scoring is simply based on the order the planes get taken out of the battle.

In some cases one plane may make it to 3rd to last survivor by virtue of simply having been ignored by the others for some reason, while never having got a hit on (let alone shooting down) any other plane.

Just now, Galane said:

Enhancement suggestion for the AI battles. Track who shoots whom. Jolly Roger Aerospace and others run BDA aircraft battles on YouTube and it's difficult to impossible to keep track of which planes have taken down others, so scoring is simply based on the order the planes get taken out of the battle.

In some cases one plane may make it to 3rd to last survivor by virtue of simply having been ignored by the others for some reason, while never having got a hit on (let alone shooting down) any other plane.

I think i've already added a request  for some kind of score keeping to the features list, but if i haven't, i should have by now, been after such a thing for a while.