[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

So... Any ideas?

I removed North Kerbin Weaponry, and completely reinstalled BD armory, and I'm still having the issue.

I have been running it in a forced openGL mode. I'll try running it without that. If I still have the problem, I'll re-install the old version to see if the issue is with the new version.

I just ran it in the non-openGL version, and it works.

**EDIT**

The bugs appear to be a result of forcing the game to run in openGL. You might want to look in to that for the next update.

But, for now, at the cost of a bit more CPU usage, it works.

Edited by Raptor22

I'm having an issue with the targeting pods. Simply aiming at the ground provides a lock instead of only when locking objects such as KSP buildings & crafts. Laser Guided missiles are ignoring where the pod is painting. I am using the newest public release.

25 minutes ago, Tazius said:

I'm having an issue with the targeting pods. Simply aiming at the ground provides a lock instead of only when locking objects such as KSP buildings & crafts. Laser Guided missiles are ignoring where the pod is painting. I am using the newest public release.

Hi, oddly enough I've been messing with just that system for most of the day, yes the targeting pod will lock on the ground as well as a vehicle, I'm sure it's always been that way for manual use. standing by to be corrected :P

As for the missiles ignoring commands I've used BDA's PEW's and SMA's laser guided stuff today (Friday)  and in auto guard mode all the missiles tracked correctly or at worst to within  within prescribed detonation  ranges.  SO i can't replicate your issue right now, despite firing 60 or so missiles.  9 different launchers with loadout from 3 to 8 missiles oh and 3 different targeting pods too. 2 from SMA and 1 stock BDA

Could you check that the mod is installed correctly and that you are indeed using the correct version, for your KSP (not mentioned in post) Also that the missiles you are using are not failing due to the range to target  being overly long or too close (The BDA hellifres for example have a maximum range of 4KM and a minimum of 800mtr) 

Should that all prove correct and there still be an issue, a zipped copy of your KSP.log will be required in order to establish the relevant details and discover whether it is a bug, in which case a report should be made to the issue tracker on github, links are in first post,  or an easily resolvable issue with a quick fix.

Cheers

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, oddly enough I've been messing with just that system for most of the day, yes the targeting pod will lock on the ground as well as a vehicle, I'm sure it's always been that way for manual use. standing by to be corrected :P

As for the missiles ignoring commands I've used BDA's PEW's and SMA's laser guided stuff today (Friday)  and in auto guard mode all the missiles tracked correctly or at worst to within  within prescribed detonation  ranges.  SO i can't replicate your issue right now, despite firing 60 or so missiles.  9 different launchers with loadout from 3 to 8 missiles oh and 3 different targeting pods too. 2 from SMA and 1 stock BDA

Could you check that the mod is installed correctly and that you are indeed using the correct version, for your KSP (not mentioned in post) Also that the missiles you are using are not failing due to the range to target  being overly long or too close (The BDA hellifres for example have a maximum range of 4KM and a minimum of 800mtr) 

Should that all prove correct and there still be an issue, a zipped copy of your KSP.log will be required in order to establish the relevant details and discover whether it is a bug, in which case a report should be made to the issue tracker on github, links are in first post,  or an easily resolvable issue with a quick fix.

Cheers

I was able to get CKAN to update their repository to the newest  BDArmory Continued release. My contract pack had a dependency for BDArmory and it kept installing an* older version.
Everything works great now!

Have a great weekend!

Tazius

Edited by Tazius

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Awesome, thanks for reporting back

and a mellow one to you :)

btw which contract pack? just in case it crops up again, something old reborn. or something new?

It's Defense Combat Advisors:

17 minutes ago, Tazius said:

It's Defense Combat Advisors:

Nice work  looks very well thought out,   I don't and haven't for obvious reasons played even a hacked career for  a very long time.  I've not seen it mentioned in the BDA thread previously? which surprises me, given how many have BDA users have expressed an interest  in just that kind of thing. . 

If you fancy a chat about expansions or in particular naval stuff drop me a pm, 

Cheers again.

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Raptor22 - Unity has issues with finding shaders when you force opengl ... don't use the force opengl switch and BDAc will work fine

Ah. So it's a unity issue.

That sucks. My PC will run a lot harder.

Well, it can't be helped.

However, I have one thing to ask for the next update:

Could you make the parts searchable? When I type them in the search bar, nothing comes up. I know this is probably because you haven't added any of the search words to the config files (the sort of thing where you can type in "tank" and it'll show all the fuel tanks). It's really annoying having to go to the tab and scroll though all of the parts.

15 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Ah. So it's a unity issue.

That sucks. My PC will run a lot harder.

Well, it can't be helped.

However, I have one thing to ask for the next update:

Could you make the parts searchable? When I type them in the search bar, nothing comes up. I know this is probably because you haven't added any of the search words to the config files (the sort of thing where you can type in "tank" and it'll show all the fuel tanks). It's really annoying having to go to the tab and scroll though all of the parts.

I have different problem. I bought a GTX 1070 and now I can't run KSP using the default KSP_x64.exe. I have to force instead DX11 if I want to play KSP :huh:

Edited by jrodriguez

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

I have different problem. I bought a GTX 1070 and now I can't run KSP using the default KSP_x64.exe. I have to force instead DX11 if I want to play KSP :huh:

That's... that's not normal, I dont believe. I have 16GB RAM, 670 factory OC and a i7-3770, W10 64bit OS. I run 70ish mods, including visual ones, and I dont have to force DX11... 

5 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

That's... that's not normal, I dont believe. I have 16GB RAM, 670 factory OC and a i7-3770, W10 64bit OS. I run 70ish mods, including visual ones, and I dont have to force DX11... 

In my case KSP just crashes if don't force dx11, even a clean KSP installation. 

Just now, jrodriguez said:

In my case KSP just crashes if don't force dx11, even a clean KSP installation. 

How much RAM do you have? Are you running mods? How many? Basically, what's your available memory when the game is running? If its bottlenecking, than yeah, it will crash. If that is indeed the case, you'll need more RAM. 

1 minute ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

How much RAM do you have? Are you running mods? How many? Basically, what's your available memory when the game is running? If its bottlenecking, than yeah, it will crash. If that is indeed the case, you'll need more RAM. 

I think it should some kind of drivers issues. Even a clean installation of KSP crashes inmeditaly to desktop if I don't force dx11. I have plenty of RAM, I can run smoothly RSSVE high textures at 4k

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

I think it should some kind of drivers issues. Even a clean installation of KSP crashes inmeditaly to desktop if I don't force dx11. I have plenty of RAM, I can run smoothly RSSVE high textures at 4k

This started occurring only once you upgraded to your 1070, right? That would indeed seem like a driver issue. 

Just now, Calvin_Maclure said:

This started occurring only once you upgraded to your 1070, right? That would indeed seem like a driver issue. 

Yes, but I did not realize until last week because I was always forcing dx11 

For some reason when I use this mod it glitches out a bit. Its treating the weapons as rocket engines and the and its not finding the weapon manger on my plane. I have the latest version of this mod and KSP and followed the install steps but its still not working. AI thing is not working as well.

Am I missing a mod or something? Thank you for your help. 

12 hours ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

Am I missing a mod or something? Thank you for your help. 

Hi the weapon icon in the staging list is a solid fuel booster, this does not mean that the game views the guns as engines.

From the rest of your post it sounds very much like you have either installed BDA incorrectly or have installed the wrong versions. The latest versions are linked on the last page and there are numerous posts in thread describing the correct installation procedure.

I suggest you check that the installation path is correct and that you have indeed installed the correct version for your version of KSP.  If you still have problems a screenshot of your GameData folder and a zipped copy of your KSP.log will quickly identify your issue.

BDA problems these days are falling in to 3 very distinct camps and they are, failure to follow correct installation procedure,  Installation of the wrong version, and failure to read the carefully created instructions for use found in the in game KSpedia.  It would be brazen to state that most bugs at this time are known, but it's rare for your situation to arise if all is installed correctly and understood.

45 minutes ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

I have installed the v2.0.0 version of the mod and extracted into the Gamedata folder.

I am unable to give the logs but I post it soon.

First of all, that looks wrong. Look inside that BDArmory folder and you will see a GameData folder inside, you should copy that GameData inside your KSP installation. 

And finally, I recommend to stick with KSP 1.2.2 for the moment. 

44 minutes ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

I am unable to give the logs but I post it soon.

Dont have to see a log you have indeed installed the mod incorrectly 

The fliepath for BDA  is KSP/GameData/BDArmory    and your installation is actually KSP/GameData/BDArmory.0.2.1.0_04132017/GameData/BDArmory

Inside the folder you have installed you will find a GameData folder and inside that you will find two folders BDArmory and PhysicsRangeExtender ,  Drag these to folder out into the main GameData folder and delete the now empty BDArmory.0.2.1.0_04132017/GameData folder,

Start game , read KSpedia  instructions, blow stuff up

Hello, I seem to be having a rather persistent issue with the bomb targeting reticule. It works fine until I go 150m above the ground and then it gets locked directly under the vessel's location. Also, it vanishes over sea, but that's minor. Any help please?

5 hours ago, AlmightyKraken said:

Hello, I seem to be having a rather persistent issue with the bomb targeting reticule. It works fine until I go 150m above the ground and then it gets locked directly under the vessel's location. Also, it vanishes over sea, but that's minor. Any help please?

Hi is this in manual mode or guard mode?  It's one bug I've been unable to reproduce and it has cropped up before

Is BDA the correct version for your game?  What version of KSP?   which version of BDA?

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi is this in manual mode or guard mode?  It's one bug I've been unable to reproduce and it has cropped up before

Is BDA the correct version for your game?  What version of KSP?   which version of BDA?

Manual mode, BDArmory 0.11.1.5, KSP 1.2.2, 64 bit if it makes any difference