[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

On 6/3/2017 at 5:20 PM, Inter said:

(snip)

I'm pretty sure that the Physics Range Extender mod has to be used to be able to change the physics range (I remember reading this either in the readme or documentation pages somewhere). With PRE installed and configured, everything seems to work well.

I am wondering if there is a mod or something that can make your plane stealth, so that you cannot be detects on enemy radar from BDarmory. I have built a fighter that looks stealthy to me, using quiztechaeropack, BDarmory, and stock. I want to use stealth capability when attacking someone. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

3 hours ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

I am wondering if there is a mod or something that can make your plane stealth, so that you cannot be detects on enemy radar from BDarmory. I have built a fighter that looks stealthy to me, using quiztechaeropack, BDarmory, and stock. I want to use stealth capability when attacking someone. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I know someone opened a feature request some time ago. 

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/43

But so far I'm not aware of any mods providing this. 

1 minute ago, njmksr said:

Just a question, is the rotary bomb rack broken? I saw that in one of the patch notes and I was wondering if it was fixed yet.

Hi, long time no see, AFAIK the rotary rack issue has been dealt with and was tracked down to the edge highlighting, (orrible green glow on parts) Should there still be an issue  disabling edge highlighting does/did fix it.

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, long time no see, AFAIK the rotary rack issue has been dealt with and was tracked down to the edge highlighting, (orrible green glow on parts) Should there still be an issue  disabling edge highlighting does/did fix it.

Sweet. I've been working on some awesome new fighters and the procedural missiles looked great, as I'm using Red vs. Blue's internal weapons bays, and the small bay doesn't fit that much, so space maximization is necessary.

R2w6zyq.png

2 minutes ago, njmksr said:

Sweet. I've been working on some awesome new fighters and the procedural missiles looked great, as I'm using Red vs. Blue's internal weapons bays, and the small bay doesn't fit that much, so space maximization is necessary.

R2w6zyq.png

Wow that looks great!

However there are some limitations with the procedural missiles. The bomb rack is not supported yet for example. 

6 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Wow that looks great!

However there are some limitations with the procedural missiles. The bomb rack is not supported yet for example. 

Thanks! That's alright, I can live with it. It looks like a great update, and it looks like it's going to be awesome with future updates.

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Wow that looks great!

I've made medium Red  vs Blue bays... Look into their forum post :wink: It fits 4x GBU bombs or one AMRAAM... 

But now, question for BDA team. The 

homingType = AGM
        targetingType = radar
        activeRadarRange = 6000
        maxOffBoresight = 50
        lockedSensorFOV = 5

OffBoresight is in degrees in front of rocket, right? And the SensorFOV is? Also what RadarLOAL is? 

Ok, + what is AAMPURE, AGMballistic and AAMlead or STS guidance modes?

Edited by Toonu

1 minute ago, Toonu said:

I've made medium Red  vs Blue bays... Look into their forum post :wink: It fits 4x GBU bombs or one AMRAAM... 

Nah, if you use a double ejector rack you can cram two AMRAAMs in one side.

Source:

9bnug42.png

Curious, is there a way for the AI to handle directional turrets? For example my fighter has forward facing M230's with low limits to simulate a gimballed gun, and the same idea for two rear facing 50 cal turrets. However the AI keeps defaulting to the .50 cal turrets even though the M230's are clearly in line of sight of the target and the 50's are not. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWeasel said:

Curious, is there a way for the AI to handle directional turrets? For example my fighter has forward facing M230's with low limits to simulate a gimballed gun, and the same idea for two rear facing 50 cal turrets. However the AI keeps defaulting to the .50 cal turrets even though the M230's are clearly in line of sight of the target and the 50's are not. 

Same problem here, but with ship. Its targetting incomming missiles with heavy guns instead of defence laser system integrated into ship...

Guard mode should differ it, but it would be hard to code I think...

9 minutes ago, WhiteWeasel said:

Just now, Toonu said:

Same problem here, but with ship. Its targetting incomming missiles with heavy guns instead of defence laser system integrated into ship...

Guard mode should differ it, but it would be hard to code I think...

It is being worked on.  It irritates us also. 

9 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It is being worked on.  It irritates us also. 

It wasn't meant ironicaly. Not at all. I meant it that way I appreciate your work even if its not working yet. :)

On 6. 6. 2017 at 7:11 AM, jrodriguez said:

I know someone opened a feature request some time ago. 

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/43

But so far I'm not aware of any mods providing this. 

Yeah, I also opened one with use of FAR voxels to calculate stealth. But it will be even harder than other ways featuring it I guess. It was at time of Bahamuto, so looong ago :D

Edited by Toonu

20 hours ago, WhiteWeasel said:

Are those the B9 Aerospace engines? I thought that mod wasn't updated for 1.3 yet?

Some people still use 1.2.2

On 6/6/2017 at 2:36 PM, Toonu said:

But now, question for BDA team. The 

homingType = AGM
        targetingType = radar
        activeRadarRange = 6000
        maxOffBoresight = 50
        lockedSensorFOV = 5

OffBoresight is in degrees in front of rocket, right? And the SensorFOV is? Also what RadarLOAL is? 

Ok, + what is AAMPURE, AGMballistic and AAMlead or STS guidance modes?

Going to answer this as best I can - most of this code is from original source with some updates

• Homing Types
    • AAMPURE - is in there but not implemented - Perhaps to differentiate from Ground based Anti-Air and Air launched or a legacy targeting mode left in for compatibility 
    • AAMLead - Guidance Type "aam" and "aamlead" both map to AAMLead in code - Missiles will lead their targets which is essential to hitting moving targets - again I think this was an evolution in targeting code by Baha
    • AGMBallistic - Ballistic targeting mode, was not used much until we tested recently. Ground to Ground rockets will have a Ballistic arc trajectory
    • STS - Defined but not implemented
    • SensorFOV - Not implemented yet, there is a "lockedSensorFOV" which is set to 2.5 right now, its used in scanning and Radar targeting calculations
    • RadarLOAL - not completely sure , from the code looks like its used in Radar targeting calculations, this is one of the areas myself and @thedog are looking into 
    • OffBoreSight - yes - field of view for weapon