[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

7 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

anyone got any advice for a modular cruise missile?

I don't really like the cruise guidance for modular missiles at the moment, the terminal maneuver needs to be amended to use a different guidance. 

However, I guess you should be able to use it - even if it is not very accurate. 

I suggest to have no gimbal rockets, powerful explosives, two stages: SRB for the first stage to get the cruise speed, jet engine to sustain the cruise speed. 

Edited by jrodriguez

5 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I don't really like the cruise guidance for modular missiles at the moment, the terminal maneuver needs to be amended to use a different guidance. 

However, I guess you should be able to use it - even if it is not very accurate. 

I suggest to have no gimbal rockets, powerful explosives, two stages: SRB for the first stage to get the cruise speed, jet engine to sustain the cruise speed. 

You were right about the cruise guidance but I'm having problems with laser guidance as well, but my missile might just be too front heavy

Picture:

2LwJrGV.png

4 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

You were right about the cruise guidance but I'm having problems with laser guidance as well, but my missile might just be too front heavy

Picture:

2LwJrGV.png

I suggest to add another set of all-moving wings to the missile. Make sure your COL is close to your COM (overlapping a bit)

5 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Picture:

2LwJrGV.png

Can you let me know the outcome? Laser targeting should work nice with AGM guidance and of course you need the targeting pod

12 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Can you let me know the outcome? Laser targeting should work nice with AGM guidance and of course you need the targeting pod

The missile now has more control but is still doesn't hit anywhere near the target

Everything seems fine but when I drop it flips several times and fails to reaquire the laser 

Edited by memeconnoiseur

24 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

The missile now has more control but is still doesn't hit anywhere near the target

Everything seems fine but when I drop it flips several times and fails to reaquire the laser 

Which is the max boresight value that you are using? 

2 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

190 degrees...

but it just doesn't go towards the target, which is the most crucial problem

Can you send me your craft file? I will review it to see what is wrong with it. 

You can send a private message. 

Edited by jrodriguez

Alright, so I'm not seeing anyone else having issues with this, so I should report it. For some reason the AI won't really do...Well, anything. Everything works fine when I'm controlling it, but when i set a CIWS or SAM to guard mode on the opposite team as my craft, fire a missile past it or do a fly-by, it won't target it at all. Same thing with aircraft I've set up that work fine themselves, but when I have the AI module on it, have the AI set to standby and the craft set to Guard Mode, it refuses to go anywhere unless I switch to it...

...Which brings me to my second and third issues. The integrated Vessel Switcher will not allow me to change to a different craft unless I am EXTREMELY close to the second craft, at roughly under 400 meters. Plus, the game won't load in craft until at least around 4 km. I know older versions of the mod had an option to change the distance in which things loaded in, I'm personally wondering what happened to that. 

Something else of note is that the AGM-158 did not deploy in flight when the GPS was locked and i was going in the direction of my target while at a considerable altitude, and it was extraordinarily laggy once they were deployed. I don't know if it was user error or not, i'll have to test it out more on different craft. All i know is that they just dropped like bombs, then overheated and exploded before hitting the water. But i digress, my primary issues are the other things here. 

Just to clarify, my game is up to date, my mod is up to date, files are clean and properly installed. Everything else works fine, just the things listed above.

3 minutes ago, AlexWingace said:

Alright, so I'm not seeing anyone else having issues with this, so I should report it. For some reason the AI won't really do...Well, anything. Everything works fine when I'm controlling it, but when i set a CIWS or SAM to guard mode on the opposite team as my craft, fire a missile past it or do a fly-by, it won't target it at all. Same thing with aircraft I've set up that work fine themselves, but when I have the AI module on it, have the AI set to standby and the craft set to Guard Mode, it refuses to go anywhere unless I switch to it...

...Which brings me to my second and third issues. The integrated Vessel Switcher will not allow me to change to a different craft unless I am EXTREMELY close to the second craft, at roughly under 400 meters. Plus, the game won't load in craft until at least around 4 km. I know older versions of the mod had an option to change the distance in which things loaded in, I'm personally wondering what happened to that. 

Something else of note is that the AGM-158 did not deploy in flight when the GPS was locked and i was going in the direction of my target while at a considerable altitude, and it was extraordinarily laggy once they were deployed. I don't know if it was user error or not, i'll have to test it out more on different craft. All i know is that they just dropped like bombs, then overheated and exploded before hitting the water. But i digress, my primary issues are the other things here. 

Just to clarify, my game is up to date, my mod is up to date, files are clean and properly installed. Everything else works fine, just the things listed above.

Do you PhysicsRangeExtender installed? It is a pre-requisite for BDArmory. 

10 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Can you send me your craft file? I will review it to see what is wrong with it. 

You can send a private message. 

How?

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

I had the same problem and the solution was installing PhysicsRangeExtender

2 hours ago, Obscured said:

I installed the Dev branch of the mod and the Weapon manager isnt working. Is there a way to fix that? or should i use a different branch.

You should download the latest release. From the releases section. 

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

Ah, I do not. Sorry, didn't notice that. Thank you, I'll get it in just a sec. I'll let you know if anything else goes wrong!

15 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

I have been testing the missile.And I have good news, I have found the problem.  Can you apply the following changes and re-test? 

- IMPORTANT: You need to set the Custom 01 action group to ACTIVATE  ENGINE SRB, that is your first stage! 

- Rear Elevons to 80%, Front Elevons 70%. 

- Change GPS Guidance to Laser Guidance (more accurate) 

- Increase Detonation Range to 10. It seems modular missile does not work properly with Detonation distance set to 0.

- Increase drop time to 1.5 seconds. 

7 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I have been testing the missile.And I have good news, I have found the problem.  Can you apply the following changes and re-test? 

- IMPORTANT: You need to set the Custom 01 action group to ACTIVATE  ENGINE SRB, that is your first stage! 

- Rear Elevons to 80%, Front Elevons 70%. 

- Change GPS Guidance to Laser Guidance (more accurate) 

- Increase Detonation Range to 10. It seems modular missile does not work properly with Detonation distance set to 0.

- Increase drop time to 1.5 seconds. 

Thanks

I will retest it and post my findings

Edited by memeconnoiseur

Hello Davinci!:D

Nice work and weapons,love these and their related expansions,I basically live with these by now!

I do have a small questions tho,I once saw a people with a radar that has a range of like one hundred kilometers or so, I wonder what he did to make the max range go beyond 20km?

6 minutes ago, cooper5113 said:

I do have a small questions tho,I once saw a people with a radar that has a range of like one hundred kilometers or so, I wonder what he did to make the max range go beyond 20km?

Real BDA    RBDA for use by serious enthusiasts only, Enables full scale 1:1 combat possibilities, but requires a fairly decent machine to run it due to the 200km physics range and the number of active vessels that can be in one scene