[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

10 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

You know, I bet that's exactly the part that's broken on my end too. Thank you very much!

Hi  no worries,    Do not use any of the DLL's included in the BahaSP mod, only use the recently  updated animation modules. and do not try to load the critter crawler as it has it's own plugin that is not in any way compatible with current or recent previous KSP versions.   

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi  no worries,    Do not use any of the DLL's included in the BahaSP mod, only use the recently  updated animation modules. and do not try to load the critter crawler as it has it's own plugin that is not in any way compatible with current or recent previous KSP versions.   

I know about the Critter Crawler--I've been talking to a few others about it, and yeah, it needs to be done completely from scratch, or something like it sadly. 

I have a problem where I can't find the BDA tab when building in either the VAB or SPH. I have to merge previously existing craft in order to scrap their parts, but anything that's not on them is inaccessible. (I already reinstalled BDA). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I can't find the BDA tab

Hi there's only two known causes for the BDA tab not showing,  either an incorrect install or installation of the wrong version of BDA for your version of KSP. For example the 1.3 version of BDA does not work in KSP 1.3.1. Please see installation and problem reporting  section of first post .

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi there's only two known causes for the BDA tab not showing,  either an incorrect install or installation of the wrong version of BDA for your version of KSP. For example the 1.3 version of BDA does not work in KSP 1.3.1. Please see installation and problem reporting  section of first post .

Oh okay, it's the latter then. Thanks

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

I have a problem where I can't find the BDA tab when building in either the VAB or SPH. I have to merge previously existing craft in order to scrap their parts, but anything that's not on them is inaccessible. (I already reinstalled BDA). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Do you have procedural parts?

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

The mod? Nope

What about aviator arsenal? I had that VAB issue, and uninstalling it worked. Try deleting mods 1 by 1, untill the faulty mod is found. Or, delete all mods, and reinstall 1 by 1.

Just now, dundun92 said:

What about aviator arsenal? I had that VAB issue, and uninstalling it worked. Try deleting mods 1 by 1, untill the faulty mod is found. Or, delete all mods, and reinstall 1 by 1.

Not that one either. It's probably because I have 1.3.1, and BDA is currently optimized for 1.3

5 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Not that one either. It's probably because I have 1.3.1, and BDA is currently optimized for 1.3

Try the beta for 1.3.1. Its on github. The branch is called feature_radar_stealth. Here is the link: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/166311-131-bdarmory-continued-for-modders-public-beta-of-v100-update-preview-2/

Edited by Guest

Just now, Earthlinger said:

Done. I'll start up KSP tomorrow and try it out

Thanks for the help :)

You're welcome! (btw, I just edited with a link to the thread)

On the issue of missile tail smoke, I think I find some ways to solve it.

Set [energy] to 0.05 ( it will not become too big or too fast,Preferably less than or equal to 0.1)

It is a bad way but useful.Although it will become a little larger than you see in Unity,it looks quite small than before.

PzcQIQd.png

ZX9n4yE.png

3 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

I think I find some ways to solve it

Hi, particle emission, sadly is a very subjective thing and what looks right for one person may look completely wrong to others. 

While i see  that indeed your trail is different, it's not right , as can be seen be the lower missile in the image which shows and initial emission much larger than the missile diameter . For me this is never going to look right, and i much prefer to use the unity definition for exhaust particle life and form,

Timeline of a Particle

Exhaust smoke emerges from the pipe quite fast but then rapidly slows down on contact with the atmosphere. As it slows, it spreads out, becoming fainter and soon dissipating into the air. Since the exhaust gas is hot, it also rises slightly as it passes through the colder air surrounding it.

A particle of exhaust smoke must start off no larger than the width of the pipe but it will then grow in size considerably over its short lifetime. It will usually start off partly transparent and fade to total transparency as it mixes with the air. As regards dynamics, the particle will be emitted quite fast but then slow rapidly and will also lift upward slightly.

The behavior  you have laid out in the inspector window is the reverse of that and I'd dispute some of your chosen settings.  Simulate in local space rather than world space keeps the FX locked to the missile, when you really need world space simulation to allow the smoke to disperse correctly.     Starting at size, initial size should be ,IMO, no bigger than the exhaust that is emitting,  you have chosen 2 which gives a very large, 2 meter particle  and then you chose 1.5 as the final size,  which is the reverse of every other effect. I'd suggest no more than 0.25 as the start size and 1.5 as the max size.  Size grow you have set a minus value, so the particle shrinks after emission, when it should really grow and fade away .  Having set the energy so low in order to keep the size down, seems like a band-aid for the particle  which you've already made too large, results in that misty not cohesive exhaust. Energy controls how long the particle will last after being emitted .

My preferred setup gets me something like , which while overly bright around the flame element is IMO perfect everywhere else, initial emission is the same size as the exhaust port, the smoke is heavy and compact to start and dissipates over time .

For clarity, IMO, is my opinion as an independent  weapon mod maker. and not the opinion of the BDAc team as a whole or in part(excepting my part obviously) .

OuBg7CP.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

27 minutes ago, StumpySequoia said:

I seem to be having an issue with the BDA tab coming up as well...

I'm currently using the latest version of KSP, and I use the CKAN mod manager for BDAc and various other mods I use. Thanks for any help in advance!

Are you using the correct version of BDA for KSP1.3.1, regardless of how the mod is installed you should know what version is being installed for KSP 1.3.1 the only current available version is  https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.0.0-preview2

Should you have the right version of BDAc installed a zipped copy of your KSP.log will be required in order to diagnose the issue.

33 minutes ago, StumpySequoia said:

CKAN Indicates that the version is "v0.2.1.2" --- Would I have to roll back my KSP to allow it to function?

Yes though that version would be a little behind even for 1.3 , ideally for ksp 1.3  you would want to use https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v0.3.0.0

I would suggest that instead of rolling back, which will likely mess everything up if you've built or used mods for 1.3.1 ,   you simply delete that version of BDAc and download and install the 1.3.1 beta (which i linked previously)

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yes though that version would be a little behind even for 1.3 , ideally for ksp 1.3  you would want to use https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v0.3.0.0

I would suggest that instead of rolling back, which will likely mess everything up if you've built or used mods for 1.3.1 ,   you simply delete that version of BDAc and download and install the 1.3.1 beta (which i linked previously)

Okay -- I'll give that a shot and get back to you

11 minutes ago, StumpySequoia said:

Even using the files provided (I did delete the existing files), nothing changed.

To install the mod I un-zipped the provided file, and I moved the "BDArmory" folder into my KSP's game data. --- Did I miss something?

There have been some reprts of other mods interfering with BDA, to be able to diagnose the issue  a zipped copy of your KSP.log will be needed.   Just check that the file path is indeed KSP/GameData/BDArmory and not KSP/GameData/BDArmory/GameData/BDArmory

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)