[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Which Procedural Parts? There are forks from the B9 original. I'd have to look to see which wings one I have installed. I downloaded and installed with CKAN in KSP 1.3.0 but CKAN doesn't show it at all for KSP 1.3.1

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

In addition to what @doctordavinci  just said.

You can also build a modular missile without Procedural Parts or https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/

You just need the Modular Guidance part & the explosive warhead to build an stock modular missile.  

BDModularMissileParts was what I was looking for, not the modular missile guidance module

3 hours ago, Galane said:

Which Procedural Parts? There are forks from the B9 original. I'd have to look to see which wings one I have installed. I downloaded and installed with CKAN in KSP 1.3.0 but CKAN doesn't show it at all for KSP 1.3.1

Here's a link to a 1.3.0 compatible version that apparently works just fine in KSP v1.3.1 ... install as usual and go blow some stuff up :)

As for your CKAN issue, take it to the CKAN thread as they won't see it if you post an issue about their mod in the BDAc thread and we have nothing to do with CKAN and it's operation... here's the link:

4 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

also, what's up with guard mode being unable to lock on to other craft?

Guard mode can lock as usual. I suggest to double check your weapons engagement and that you have PhysicsRangeExtender installed as usual. 

Some changes has been made regarding radars so you can expect different locking distances. 

Edited by jrodriguez

5 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

also, what's up with guard mode being unable to lock on to other craft?

Always check the engagement type settings to make certain the missile or gun can attack the targets you want to blow up.

So I currently have issues with all of the radar, where they're all detecting aircrafts, but connect lock unless the craft I'm trying to lock is within around 500-1000m range. Is this a new feature or is it a bug?

I'm using BDA 1.0 on ksp 1.3.1

Please help!

Thank you!

Edited by william2002730

5 hours ago, william2002730 said:

So I currently have issues with all of the radar, where they're all detecting aircrafts, but connect lock unless the craft I'm trying to lock is within around 500-1000m range. Is this a new feature or is it a bug?

I'm using BDA 1.0 on ksp 1.3.1

Please help!

Thank you!

I would read the question and answer above yours as it may contain help for your issue.

Edited by XOC2008

22 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

I would read the question and answer above yours as it may contain help for your issue.

Yes, I did check that one before I asked. I do believe I have PRE installed properly, but still the radar has a ridiculously small range of locking, and I'm pretty sure that's not possible considering the fact that the radars can detect the object from over 15km away.

But thank you for helping out!

Edited by william2002730

4 hours ago, william2002730 said:

Yes, I did check that one before I asked. I do believe I have PRE installed properly, but still the radar has a ridiculously small range of locking, and I'm pretty sure that's not possible considering the fact that the radars can detect the object from over 15km away.

But thank you for helping out!

Sure its possible. You need to provide a lot more information for us to determine whether there is a bug or works as designed:

• Which radar exactly?
  • What is the radar cross section size of the target?
  • What does the RCS analysis window say about the lock/track range of that sepcific radar vs that specific target?
  • Is the target vessel splashed down or landed, or is the radar airborne with a high look-down angle?
Edited by TheDog

3 minutes ago, bartekkru99 said:

A little question for the dev team:
Is the mod going to be just maintained to ensure that it works fine with new versions of the game until Paulo jumps back into KSP or will any new content be added?

Honesty. How is possible to be asking this? I'm not sure if I should cry or laugh. I think I'm going to do both!  

6 minutes ago, bartekkru99 said:

Is the mod going to be just maintained to ensure that it works fine with new versions of the game until Paulo jumps back into KSP or will any new content be added?

I'm going to take it from that that you've not read back through any of the rest of the thread,  if you had you'd surely appreciate the amount or restructuring , rebuilding and optimization that's happened behind the scenes. While it's called BDAc continued it may as well be called BDA completely remade, which is what you get when make over 1000 code commits to an active development.

The parts cant and wont change, as i t was long ago decided that there are more than enough guns and destruction devices to go around, If we come up with something new, a demo item will be included as a modders ref, but that's it.

And as can be gathered from the response of my fellow team member and senior coder JR, it's disappointing that so little of whats been achieved is appreciated.

9 minutes ago, bartekkru99 said:

I'm actually shocked that this is a question that needs to be asked ... The BDAc team took over the management of BDA in the early summer of 2016 and has made many improvements such as the radar system, not to mention refactoring the whole of the BDAc code

There have been many improvements since the team formed with many more on the way

13 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Honesty. How is possible to be asking this? I'm not sure if I should cry or laugh. I think I'm going to do both!  

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm going to take it from that that you've not read back through any of the rest of the thread,  if you had you'd surely appreciate the amount or restructuring , rebuilding and optimization that's happened behind the scenes. While it's called BDAc continued it may as well be called BDA completely remade, which is what you get when make over 1000 code commits to an active development.

The parts cant and wont change, as i t was long ago decided that there are more than enough guns and destruction devices to go around, If we come up with something new, a demo item will be included as a modders ref, but that's it.

And as can be gathered from the response of my fellow team member and senior coder JR, it's disappointing that so little of whats been achieved is appreciated.

I didn't want to sound rude with this "just maintaining" and I'm fully aware that reviving mods is not something that you do in overnight. I wasn't following the thread for many months and I was just curious if there are any plans for new features or weapons.

4 minutes ago, bartekkru99 said:

I didn't want to sound rude with this "just maintaining" and I'm fully aware that reviving mods is not something that you do in overnight. I wasn't following the thread for many months and I was just curious if there are any plans for new features or weapons.

For a clear picture of what is going on, what has been accomplished and what is planned, take a glance at the Github repository Listed on the OP.  We keep a transparent track of work ongoing and bugs.  That will enlighten you.

Edited by Papa_Joe

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The only new things it *needs* are a Size 0 nose mount and inline radome so they're official parts instead of using module manager to hack the RADAR into other Size 0 parts.

1 hour ago, Galane said:

The only new things it *needs* are a Size 0 nose mount and inline radome so they're official parts instead of using module manager to hack the RADAR into other Size 0 parts.

You're killing me man, I will add that to the MM configs just for *you* lol

1 hour ago, Galane said:

This will in all likelihood not be implemented in BDAc as there are mods out there that provide other types of radar

If there are no mods that provide what you are looking for might I suggest making one of your own to provide this part ... As my friend above alluded to, it was decided by the BDAc team quite awhile ago that BDAc is intended as a backbone for other modders to build their weapon/tactical mods around

If you require a part which is not provided by BDAc or other BDAc add-ons, might I suggest you create one of your own to fill this gap in parts ... Here's the link to our Wiki where it has developer notes that lay out how to set things up: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki

Also, there is a mod out there that has a size 0 radar:

Repeatedly stating that you want a size 0 radar isn't going to motivate us to make one when we've already decided long ago that there won't be any new parts added to BDAc unless (to quote my friend above) .... "If we come up with something new, a demo item will be included as a modders ref, but that's it."

This has been mentioned a few times in response to your repeated request .... As I stated above, this will in all likelihood not happen as there are mods out there that provide this functionality already

2 minutes ago, gomker said:

You're killing me man, I will add that to the MM configs just for *you* lol

There is already a mod that is out there that provides this :wink:

Hi, Seem to be having an issue with the Patriot Missile Launcher. After i fire a missile, i deselect it and select another weapon. However the launcher remains active and doesn't turn off unless i exit back to the tracking station or the space center. Is it a bad install or a bug with the mod?