[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

step 1 :VLS push the missile to the sky up to about 100 meters Rapidly.

This is achieved by carefully setting the drop time and decouple force.  and starting the boost cycle at the correct time, no amount of decouple force will throw your missile 100 mtrs with enough force to achieve stable flight

3 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

step 2 :Using RCS control to change the direction of the missile very quick (like in 0.5s)

Not required,  BDA missiles are capable of snap turns, BUT such maneuvers dramatically reduce missile energy and the forces involved can destroy a missile before it ever reaches cruising speed    So a better flight profile is required. This will only be achieved by carefully tuning the missile and sensor arrangement. RCS power was intended for use in non atmosphere environments, however the system was  never fully developed and is not really supported. 

VLS are generally only used in situations in which space is restricted, i e naval vessels, in most circumstances, in fact all but high altitude cruise and ICBM types, work much more effectively launched from a non vertical launcher. Launching purely radar guided missiles from VLS requires the missiles have a fairly unique cfg and be operated in conjunction with a very good, radar.

As mentioned previously there are many missiles already released that are suitable for and tuned for ground to air use  or  surface to surface, as i'm still not sure what you're trying to do, and I'd suggest once again that you investigate already functioning missiles, rather than trying to work it  out from, what i still consider to be the wrong starting point.

Okay so I'm having a slight issue with he Abrams tank cannon that is a little frustrating. The cannon itself is on a normal tank body with treads, and the long gun part itself protrudes out a little (but to clarify, the cannon isn't covered by anything, its just sitting on top of the body).

So when I run into things - like ramming the protruding gun into a building or even another vehicle - the cannon just pops/snaps off, even at a low speed like 7m/s.

Should this really be happening? I would expect the cannon to take more of a beating before it simply snaps off.

Also, I'm using the recent beta version of BDc, but I don't think this is a problem exclusive to the beta.

Basically I'm wondering if there is any way to prevent this from happening.

11 hours ago, Engineering101 said:

the cannon just pops/snaps off, even at a low speed like 7m/s.

A picture of the craft would be helpful . I've not noticed anything like that, but then i generally don't use tanks as bulldozers :) 

There are issues when fixing heavy parts to light parts, M1 turret is heavy, but whatever part you have attached it to, is likely to be, unless you've been careful or used a proper part, considerably lighter and therefore have much less joint strength than the turret. Only 7m/s is still nearly 16 MPH which is not a speed suitable for a bulldozer, not if you want to use it more than once. :)

Regardless of the craft however KJR (KerbalJointReinforcement)  keeps all my military vehicles screwed together quite nicely.

do you think there could ever be added a GPS target cycling feature where when ripple was enabled GPS guided weapons would cycle between viable targets? or you could select multiple GPS targets and either cycle between those or drop all available weapons on those targets (Similar to the radar cycling system)?

Edited by krona14

26 minutes ago, krona14 said:

do you think there could ever be added a GPS target cycling feature where when ripple was enabled GPS guided weapons would cycle between viable targets? or you could select multiple GPS targets and either cycle between those or drop all available weapons on those targets (Similar to the radar cycling system)?

Something I would like to have eventually. I did just add a feature recently that allows you to manually select the GPS target per missile. The rest of the mechanic as you described will take much more time to implement. 

9 minutes ago, Angstinator said:

Given that the HE-KV kinda-sorta works in the beta, is there any way to enable the RCS guidance type for the modular missile guidance unit?

At the moment I'd say that modular missiles are not as accurate in space as stock missiles. However, you can create a modular missile with rcs and AAM guidance that 'might' be accurate enough  to hit a static target in space.  

Edited by jrodriguez

Still I have problems with the missiles.

When I launched my own missiles, they were just hanging in the sky after firing.(This will only happen if my radar is locked on ,nothing wrong happens if I have no targets locked)

Even if I copy the .cfg from the AIM-120, this will still not working right.

What the problems are please?

Thanks guys, cuz I've been solving this for a really long time 

Yo, I promise I'm not feature-begging but I thought I'd ask a couple of questions about CameraTools

A) is the doppler sound effect in there still, or could whoever is caretaking the mod conceivably get it back in, in future?

B) if not, what was the last version of KSP where it worked? (I figure if I want to mess around with an outdated feature then I should just get myself an old install and stop pestering you guys, haha).

1 hour ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

want to ask something here, as Jetfighter enthusiasm, KSP and BDarmory bring a new exp for Jetfight game:sticktongue: , but when i try to dogfight i had problem when use AIM 9 missile , it sometimes blows up near my jetfighter  after AI launch it,  what is wrong ? this anomaly just happen in AIM 9 

I had that happen once (that I know of). I set the missile to launch forward with 0 drop time, to have the best reaction time between the AI deciding to launch and the missile going hot so the enemy plane would have less chance to avoid.

I happened to be riding behind the plane in locked camera view. The missile was under the left wing and the plane was yawing hard left. It shot its nose off by turning into its missile.

Hello, I got a problem with this mod. Tried to shoot Vulcan and dual .50 at a plane, the projectiles seem to get stuck in parts with no destructive effect, and the game slows down significantly. This does not happen if I shoot anything else, like ground or space port buildings. Extended Physics is installed, no other mods are. I also tried to launch the game with forced direct X 11 because I found a mention of problems with OpenGL, but it changed nothing. Where should I look?

57 minutes ago, Galane said:

I had that happen once (that I know of). I set the missile to launch forward with 0 drop time, to have the best reaction time between the AI deciding to launch and the missile going hot so the enemy plane would have less chance to avoid.

I happened to be riding behind the plane in locked camera view. The missile was under the left wing and the plane was yawing hard left. It shot its nose off by turning into its missile.

So what is the solution?

3 hours ago, atreju said:

Hello, I got a problem with this mod. Tried to shoot Vulcan and dual .50 at a plane, the projectiles seem to get stuck in parts with no destructive effect, and the game slows down significantly. This does not happen if I shoot anything else, like ground or space port buildings. Extended Physics is installed, no other mods are. I also tried to launch the game with forced direct X 11 because I found a mention of problems with OpenGL, but it changed nothing. Where should I look?

This is a bug the team is aware of and is working on a fix, but unfortunately that’s all I know.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, Kernowden Kerbin said:

Can provide API rpof  targetingCam to"RPM MFD" and  radar to  HUD? Please:D

You need to find someone who is willing to set up the RPM models and configs ... RPM issue really :rolleyes:

Someone around here might be into it but you will likely have better success finding someone in the RPM thread

15 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

This is a bug the team is aware of and is working on a fix, but unfortunately that’s all I know.

Thanks for the info. I'll try rockets for now then.

PS Tried the rockets, they don´t seem to damage things they hit :(

Such a nice looking mod, and not working (

Edited by atreju