[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

3 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

Seems likely that you're using BDA in a KSP version it's not fully compatible with.  What versions do you have?  (No, I don't know anything about BDA, but someone who does will need to know this).

Im using 1.0.5

I wonder how well the mission editor is going to work to set up BDA combat missions? Seems like it would go pretty straightforward.

Ground and Sea targets would be easy to setup, and while you can't spawn stuff in the air, I imagine with PRE and smart part controlled boosters it would be pretty easy to propel enemy aircraft into air. Smart parts would even allow you to eg start planes with delay, so you could simulate an airfield assault or so. Or 'here you got an aircraft carrier with limited  planes and reloadable missiles, go destroy as many targets as possible'.

Edited by Temeter

7 hours ago, Temeter said:

I wonder how well the mission editor is going to work to set up BDA combat missions? Seems like it would go pretty straightforward.

Ground and Sea targets would be easy to setup, and while you can't spawn stuff in the air, I imagine with PRE and smart part controlled boosters it would be pretty easy to propel enemy aircraft into air. Smart parts would even allow you to eg start planes with delay, so you could simulate an airfield assault or so. Or 'here you got an aircraft carrier with limited  planes and reloadable missiles, go destroy as many targets as possible'.

Not sure how the mission editor will tie into things but it does look like something that could be utilized for users of BD Armory Continued to share BDAc missions ... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough once BDAc is 1.4.x compatible :wink:

(Please don't ask when BDAc for 1.4.x will be ready as we do not have any answer other than we are working on it)

As for Smart Parts control of launching enemy planes, there is no interface between SP and BDAc so unsure as to how you plan to get SP to work in conjunction with BDAc

On another note you really shouldn't need to use SP as there is a toggle button on the Pilot AI called 'Standby Mode' which when on makes the craft idle until a craft from the other team is detected by a radar or comes within visual range of one of the craft of the same team ... Check the BDPedia (KSPedia) ingame for more detailed info on the operation of BDAc :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Hi, I've been trying to use the mod for a while now however every time that I launch KSP the game seems to crash when it reaches loading missile manager.I have reason to believe that it's to do with the initialization but can't seem to find the problem myself so if you have any  idea as to why this may be happening it would be much appreciated.

Crash log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KIvOBgM6D5hw3tKCqvj10bNV3DIN7s90

Thanks.

Edited by ethane007

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

(Please don't ask when BDAc for 1.4.x will be ready as we do not have any answer other than we are working on it)

Haha, don't worry, I'm long enough around mods (and dabbled a bit myself) to appreciate the stuff you guys create and share with us, last thing I'd want is to bother you about it :D

As for Smart Parts control of launching enemy planes, there is no interface between SP and BDAc so unsure as to how you plan to get SP to work in conjunction with BDAc

On another note you really shouldn't need to use SP as there is a toggle button on the Pilot AI called 'Standby Mode' which when on makes the craft idle until a craft from the other team is detected by a radar or comes within visual range of one of the craft of the same team ... Check the BDPedia (KSPedia) ingame for more detailed info on the operation of BDAc :)

There is no need for direct interface. The thing I'm thinking about is for crafts far out of range, maybe 200km, a defense directly at your target location. Those crafts would be almost vertical on launch clamps; So when they load in, smart part automatically triggers the launch clamps and some boosters; when the boosters are empty, it drops the boosters and activates the AI module by triggering an action group.

That would negate your range and speed advantage a bit. If the ground crafts would do a normal, slow start with standby mode, and I come in supercruising at mach 1.5 and 5km altitude, I'd be at a massive advantage.^^

Edited by Temeter

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Haha, don't worry, I'm long enough around mods (and dabbled a bit myself) to appreciate the stuff you guys create and share with us, last thing I'd want is to bother you about it :D

That comment was more for the rest of the community as we all know someone is gonna ask :wink:

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

There is no need for direct interface. The thing I'm thinking about is for crafts far out of range, maybe 200km, a defense directly at your target location. Those crafts would be almost vertical on launch clamps; So when they load in, smart part automatically triggers the launch clamps and some boosters; when the boosters are empty, it drops the boosters and activates the AI module by triggering an action group.

That would negate your range and speed advantage a bit. If the ground crafts would do a normal, slow start with standby mode, and I come in supercruising at mach 1.5 and 5km altitude, I'd be at a massive advantage.^^

So this has got me thinking that using something like AirPark to have the craft already in the air and when another craft on the opposite team (the team you are on) gets within the selected range the modified AirPark (as it's code would need to be modified) would then release the craft that was parked ... this would essentially give you the results you are looking for and I think it is doable with a bit of code diving

Let me know what you think and perhaps we can put something together :)

EDIT: actually I think you are on to something ... this could very well be the start of a scenario setup deal for BDAc where one could set up craft in specific locations (in the air or on the ground .. or both) and build missions .. I'm already diving into bringing World War Z to KSP and am still weighing the options ... either it's a zombie infestation deal that you are in on or it's a WarHammer 40k deal that puts you up against Orks (although I personally am leaning towards the Orks :wink:)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

That comment was more for the rest of the community as we all know someone is gonna ask :wink:

So this has got me thinking that using something like AirPark to have the craft already in the air and when another craft on the opposite team (the team you are on) gets within the selected range the modified AirPark (as it's code would need to be modified) would then release the craft that was parked ... this would essentially give you the results you are looking for and I think it is doable with a bit of code diving

EDIT: actually I think you are on to something ... this could very well be the start of a scenario setup deal for BDAc where one could set up craft in specific locations (in the air or on the ground .. or both) and build missions .. I'm already diving into bringing World War Z to KSP and am still weighing the options ... either it's a zombie infestation deal that you are in on or it's a WarHammer 40k deal that puts you up against Orks (although I personally am leaning towards the Orks :wink:)

Actually, if the mission editor was integrated into WingCommander, that would be enough.

9 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Huh, I didn't even know something like airpark existed. That sounds perfect, if you could just add the part and preconfigure attitude/altitude/speed.

Sorry though, while I'd like to help, I don't think I'd be of any use. Most of the stuff I did was helping out mods with setting up/modifying cfg's or translations. No actual coding in KSP that goes deeper than basic module manager stuff (which isn't even coding). That's basically why I'm so eager to experiment by misusing mods in all various, useful ways^^

You mean a Kerbal fps kind of deal? That sounds ambitious!

6 hours ago, MemeMarine said:

Actually, if the mission editor was integrated into WingCommander, that would be enough.

so what I wasspeaking about above about WWZ in KSP will be a separate mod and will not have a 'mission editor' per sey

I apologize for any confusion you have

16 minutes ago, Temeter said:

You mean a Kerbal fps kind of deal? That sounds ambitious!

There already is a BD FPS Mod :wink:

28 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

so what I wasspeaking about above about WWZ in KSP will be a separate mod and will not have a 'mission editor' per sey

I apologize for any confusion you have

There already is a BD FPS Mod :wink:

Well, I mean, if the mission editor was integrated into WingCommander it would mean that we wouldn't need to do anything fancy with smart parts and we could just have them take off normally, fly to points, attack, etc. and even do "clever" things like breaking off when they take a certain amount of losses or receiving reinforcements.

And the BD FPS mod exists, but it isn't very good. It's certainly not good enough to actually use Kerbals in the way infantry are supposed to be used. But, before BDA came along I would have told you that something like it would be impossible; crazy beyond your wildest dreams, and just not something that can be done. A good coder could prove me wrong. And I don't know how you plan to add zombies to KSP... I think a zombie-survival mod for KSP would be awesome, but can you please explain how you plan to implement it?

6 hours ago, MemeMarine said:

I don't know how you plan to add zombies to KSP... I think a zombie-survival mod for KSP would be awesome, but can you please explain how you plan to implement it?

What about a bunch (maybe 6 or 8) of little 15-20 part planes that are basically garbage but keep spawning until you are shot down. You would need to design a boat that you could land on that would provide defense and rearmament. Then you would need to design a jet/plane/whatever to fight off the aircraft. Then what you could have is that if the player just sits on the carrier and does nothing, you have a few submarines torpedo the crap out of it.

There's a lot of potential in this.

Maybe even different modes where you defend an airbase using five or six SAM and AAA sites but limited to 30 or so parts. Maybe a ground assault/defense using no missiles or tank turrets. You would need to get inventive.

20 hours ago, ethane007 said:

Hi, I've been trying to use the mod for a while now however every time that I launch KSP the game seems to crash when it reaches loading missile manager.I have reason to believe that it's to do with the initialization but can't seem to find the problem myself so if you have any  idea as to why this may be happening it would be much appreciated.

Crash log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KIvOBgM6D5hw3tKCqvj10bNV3DIN7s90

Thanks.

I'm sorry to re-post but I am really at a loss as to the potential solutions to this problem and help would be greatly appreciated. After a full reinstall of the game failed I really don't know what to do. I believe this may have something to do with it "PartLoader: Part 'BDArmory/Parts/weaponManager/weaponManager/missileController' has no database record. Creating"

Edited by ethane007

2 hours ago, ethane007 said:

I'm sorry to re-post but I am really at a loss as to the potential solutions to this problem and help would be greatly appreciated. After a full reinstall of the game failed I really don't know what to do. I believe this may have something to do with it "PartLoader: Part 'BDArmory/Parts/weaponManager/weaponManager/missileController' has no database record. Creating"

Do you use 1.4.1? Because BDAc is not updated for the version, as the number in the title shows.

2 hours ago, ethane007 said:

PartLoader: Part 'BDArmory/Parts/weaponManager/weaponManager/missileController' has no database record. Creating"

Hi that is part of almost every parts standard loading procedure, as the partDatabase.cfg which contains all the drag cube info is rewritten
If you could retry you game and from your main KSP folder, zip up and link a copy of the KSP.log file just to be certain, but it looks to me very much if you're simply running out of available memory .

On 3/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi that is part of almost every parts standard loading procedure, as the partDatabase.cfg which contains all the drag cube info is rewritten
If you could retry you game and from your main KSP folder, zip up and link a copy of the KSP.log file just to be certain, but it looks to me very much if you're simply running out of available memory .

as requested here you are https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JoqtgUgGCyisSwiEBmPkEMRBXBA5db6p

To confirm the highest point this reached in memory consumption was 46%

This is a slightly  older version of the mod trying to see if that had any effect but no it's exactly the same as the newer version errors Confirming as well that the game runs fine without BDAc so it is mod specific.

I assume this is the error: mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:09240e18.

Edited by ethane007

1 hour ago, ethane007 said:

figure out what could be causing it.

as mentioned

On 3/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

main KSP folder, zip up and link a copy of the KSP.log file

Meaning that is the only one i want to see ,  as without seeing that i still say it's memory related , as in the initial log you had just enough physical left to happily run win7 but nothing else, so if pushed to use more, ie when loading, the game crashes.