[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

8 hours ago, Temeter said:

That's a good trick, but I never really considered it because of the problem of acquiring ground targets with aircraft radar.

8 hours ago, Temeter said:

all radar are not equal and some are now much better for this than others

The only radar really suitable for this purpose in BDA is currently the AN/APG-63V1 radome.  That's the stubby nose one ,  with a ground clutter of 0.4 it should pick up landed aircraft sized targets from a decent altitude . While it could be better and really there should be at least one of each type , look down for spy planes , look up for fighters, and balanced  bit hacky general purpose ,    it should do the job

10 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Since you're putting a mod up for download you should really make an official post including licensing information instead of piggybacking on the BDAc thread otherwise some users may think that it is A) part of the main BDAc mod, and B) officially 'sanctioned' by the BDAc team.

I’m planning on it. Just been busy

31 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I’m planning on it. Just been busy

Okay, sure, but the fact remains you’ve posted a link to a mod without relevant licensing information which tends to be a big deal around here, and you’re using the BDAc thread to do it. I’m not saying don’t post the mod, just that you should follow the rules everyone else has to follow.

28 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Okay, sure, but the fact remains you’ve posted a link to a mod without relevant licensing information which tends to be a big deal around here, and you’re using the BDAc thread to do it. I’m not saying don’t post the mod, just that you should follow the rules everyone else has to follow.

oh...my bad. sorry.
should i deleat the post then?

13 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The only radar really suitable for this purpose in BDA is currently the AN/APG-63V1 radome.  That's the stubby nose one ,  with a ground clutter of 0.4 it should pick up landed aircraft sized targets from a decent altitude . While it could be better and really there should be at least one of each type , look down for spy planes , look up for fighters, and balanced  bit hacky general purpose ,    it should do the job

Yeah, I tried the radar and it didn't really do the job. IIRC it worked for ships, but had trouble with ground targets like small anti-air batteries.

20 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Finally, after a few years, we finally got this great feature of being able to move a window! :D lol

I won't argue :P , but would you rather I added a moving window or let BDA die?  :D   Priorities are priorities...

40 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

oh...my bad. sorry.
should i deleat the post then?

Your best bet is to create a thread, provide the link, make sure you have a proper license, and explain the mod in your thread.  We are totally not opposed to you talking about your mod (This is the whole point of BDA, it is an ecosystem), but @XOC2008 is correct.  the moderators will appreciate you following the mod rules.  it provides protection for you and for the other modders.  It also provides a place for you to get valuable feedback on your creation!

Edited by Papa_Joe

7 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I won't argue :P , but would you rather I added a moving window or let BDA die?  :D   Priorities are priorities...

Your best bet is to create a thread, provide the link, make sure you have a proper license, and explain the mod in your thread.  We are totally not opposed to you talking about your mod (This is the whole point of BDA, it is an ecosystem), but @XOC2008 is correct.  the moderators will appreciate you following the mod rules.  it provides protection for you and for the other modders.  It also provides a place for you to get valuable feedback on your creation!

I agree to the rules. I was just unaware of them. I ll deleate my comment and make a thread when i have the time.

44 minutes ago, goduranus said:

did Bahamuto make them himself?

Yup I believe all the models were made by BD himself, a long time ago now,   some have been refreshed since but  are pretty much as intended on day one.  

99% of the part mod models on the forums are made by the mod makers themselves, we're not made of money either,  that's ignoring the fact that almost everything you can grab free , requires almost as much work to prep properly for KSP you may as well start from scratch anyway , and do it right.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:51 AM, byong614 said:

Is there a dipping sonar for helicopters?

Unless I'm blind, I feel like there aren't a lot of sonars in BDA or SM.

There is one dipping sonar in a as-of-yet-unavailable SM mod which he may or may not release as much of it is still in an extreme testing phase. As radar capabilities have grown, sonar needs some work to keep up, so if I'm not mistaken the only available sonars right now are the one in BDA, the similar looking one in SM Marine, and some of the bow sections on the SM subs.

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

There is one dipping sonar in a as-of-yet-unavailable SM mod which he may or may not release as much of it is still in an extreme testing phase. As radar capabilities have grown, sonar needs some work to keep up, so if I'm not mistaken the only available sonars right now are the one in BDA, the similar looking one in SM Marine, and some of the bow sections on the SM subs.

I assume the difficulty with a dipping SONAR is preventing KSP from switching the aircraft to 'landed' state?

Hi Developers,

I am here to ask about bug issue from the BDArmory mod for 1.4.1 pre release I guess but there are some couple of issues or bugs in the mod

first is some contents are missing like the radars and more, second is no texture bullets or the projectiles seen in the picture

I have some pictures about the issue I hope you can help me or just tell me we're I can send issues for this mod. Thank you.

5bO9Y3k.pnghpnr9na.pngQjQ3xCv.png

11 hours ago, Galane said:

I assume the difficulty with a dipping SONAR is preventing KSP from switching the aircraft to 'landed' state?

I never thought to look for that but I can assume that's why TCA had some issues with making the helo start moving forwards once the sonar touched the water.

1 hour ago, COMMANDER JOHN said:

Hi Developers,

I am here to ask about bug issue from the BDArmory mod for 1.4.1 pre release I guess but there are some couple of issues or bugs in the mod

first is some contents are missing like the radars and more, second is no texture bullets or the projectiles seen in the picture

I have some pictures about the issue I hope you can help me or just tell me we're I can send issues for this mod. Thank you.

There is no BDAc for 1.4.1 released yet, so this is the cause of your problems.

7 hours ago, COMMANDER JOHN said:

Hi Developers,

As clearly stated in the title of this thread, BD Armory Continued v1.1 is not compatible with KSP v1.4.x 

There is no BDAc that is compatible with KSP v1.4.x at this time ... please stand by

15 hours ago, xTheCanadian said:

I just discovered this mod from watching YouTube! Can't wait to try it!

What youtube channel were you watching?

Check out my YouTube channel, link in my sig.

I test quite a bit of BDAc stuff... and alot of experimental stuff that may be severely OP and often taken to the extreme.

Any chance we could get guidance modes for Rockets in the next update? More specifically laser guidance, it would be super useful for something like an APKWS Rocket pod!

Spoiler

737338.png

Edited by /not/pol/

8 hours ago, the last panda said:

Hello, does anyone know how to revert ksp back to 1.3 (without the steam beta tab, as 1.3 isn't listed for whatever reason) the game feels almost unplayable without the ability to shoot something out the sky

This hahahaha, except I have 1.3.1 backed up and ready to go