[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

6 hours ago, TheBeardyPenguin said:

Does guard mode work in space yet? I recall that it was broken..
Quite important that it works for an upcoming Youtube series :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

11 hours ago, TheBeardyPenguin said:

Does guard mode work in space yet? I recall that it was broken..
Quite important that it works for an upcoming Youtube series :)

Okay finally we could expect Beardy vs TAPE in an interplanetary scale with BDA again

10 hours ago, Tinky Winky said:

I am having problems with getting missiles/ guns to fire i set all the keys up, but nothing works and i have previously owned bdarmory and know how o do everthing.

Which version of game you have? Which version of BDA and maybe some log would be helpful to see what you was doing when firing. You can also set BDA to debug mode in its settings to see it more precisely. Then I think someone here will help you, because right now we don't really know what is going on and where can be the problem. :wink:

BDA has an issue with control inversion on surfaces placed backwards from their normal orientation. For example, using canards, winglets, or other control surfaces with their normal trailing edge pointed forward.

BDA cannot fly this plane because it runs the control surfaces on the front edge of the wing the wrong way, opposite to how they work in manual piloting. It'll just corkscrew through the air, out of control.

The workaround is to restrict a surface to a single axis and run the authority slider to negative in order to invert it. However, that screws it up for manual flying.

https://kerbalx.com/dundun93/ASW-X-18M

Launch it, poke the control keys and the surfaces move the proper directions. KSP can figure out how to operate a backwards pointing control surface but apparently BDA does its own thing.

That plane is a very poor design, but just for the heck of it I did some modding. Replaced the frontmost tank and clipped in intake with the inline supersonic intake/tank. Replaced the rear two tanks with structural fuselage parts. (Nobody needs 1600 fuel for a dogfight!) Took the control surfaces off the front of the wings and put ones on the back edge. Finished it off by replacing the overkill number of ammo boxes with just two of 20mm, added flares and chaff around the back and a MasterTech Weapons jammer box to the underside. Locked steering on the main gear, upped the spring strength a bit, pushed the three Vulcans in a bit, set the AI altitude to 3000 and Steer Factor to 8.8. Set all surfaces to 150 authority. Hit it with all grandparent autostrut then went to battle.

4 vs 4 dogfight against the infamous ADF-01 Falken Crewed. Would you believe this polished turd took the Falkens down with a loss of just one ASW-X-18M2? :wink: Even with the diet I put it on, it's still a heavy plane.

I'm going to have to find a tougher plane to beat, have some other planes in my stable that can also clean the Falken's clock most of the time. After poor results with planes approximately the same weight, dimensions and power, I went for small, light weight and fast, while also heavily armed. Haven't posted those to KerbalX yet...

With the release of the new BD Armory features I thought it would be helpful to have a quick and easy way to compare radars with one another so I made a google sheet for the task. Right now it contains only my own mods but I would like it to include as many mods as possible. If you want another mod included in it please throw together the information needed by the sheet and pm it to me in a word document of some sort or even better put it into a sheet of your own and send me the link and I will copy paste it into this one so we can have a complete database. Thanks for your help in advance!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gnzRFqdAzUKBDWHgyHhPriyO64yesNOjZghUZBNOlCE/edit?usp=sharing

7 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

With the release of the new BD Armory features I thought it would be helpful to have a quick and easy way to compare radars with one another so I made a google sheet for the task. Right now it contains only my own mods but I would like it to include as many mods as possible. If you want another mod included in it please throw together the information needed by the sheet and pm it to me in a word document of some sort or even better put it into a sheet of your own and send me the link and I will copy paste it into this one so we can have a complete database. Thanks for your help in advance!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gnzRFqdAzUKBDWHgyHhPriyO64yesNOjZghUZBNOlCE/edit?usp=sharing

Useful info, but I'm still wanting a Size 0 radome for drones and other small craft like the Angry Gnat. With a Tiny radome on the nose it could mount a couple of AIM-20's.

https://kerbalx.com/Galane/Angry-Gnat

How does BDA handle 2 or more RADAR units on a single craft? If I mount two that can only track and lock a single target each, does that make the craft able to track and lock two targets simultaneously? A Tiny radome x2 would allow for some changes to my Vampirella by putting them on the fronts of the tail booms to free up the nose for other parts.

5 minutes ago, Galane said:

How does BDA handle 2 or more RADAR units on a single craft?

with the  latest changes in BDA it's more than possible to run multiple radar with different functions on a single craft .  The vessel below has 8  radar units.  4x2 volume air search , Air targeting, surface volume search, and a basic sonar . 

Nf3ZJCy.png

7 minutes ago, Galane said:

Useful info, but I'm still wanting a Size 0 radome for drones and other small craft like the Angry Gnat. With a Tiny radome on the nose it could mount a couple of AIM-20's.

You could always use a Module Manager patch to add the radar module to the avionics nose cone :wink:

If you aren't familiar with MM, might I suggest taking a gander at the following thread ... If you have any questions on how to do what I suggested above ask in there and they will be able to help you start making MM patches

2 hours ago, Galane said:

https://kerbalx.com/Galane/Angry-Gnat

How does BDA handle 2 or more RADAR units on a single craft? If I mount two that can only track and lock a single target each, does that make the craft able to track and lock two targets simultaneously? A Tiny radome x2 would allow for some changes to my Vampirella by putting them on the fronts of the tail booms to free up the nose for other parts.

My addon, KWS has one.

13 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

have some issues here
i can't drop bombs and fire rockets with weapon manager, only works when i do it manually by right-clicking the weapon

If you want to receive support you will need to open a formal issue here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues . Explaining crearly the problem, how to reproduce it, an of course attaching log files (KSP.log)

On 11/7/2017 at 5:10 AM, Galane said:

Would you believe this polished turd took the Falkens down with a loss of just one ASW-X-18M2?

Impossible!

19 hours ago, Galane said:

As said before: multiple radars per craft can be useful and will be handled properly.

That aside, multiple locks on a craft is currently nothing more than a nice gimmick when piloting manually, and quickly firing off multiple radar missiles.
The Pilot-AI / guard mode does not know how to utilize multiple locks, it will engage a single target at a time only.

Edited by TheDog

Could someone explain how to add a new parameter to the AI pilot? It would be called "Max Vspeed". I am making custom modifications to BDA. I am a total beginner to C++.

Does anyone know why the guard mode refuses to operate anything that isn't either missiles or Abrams cannons? (Or hydra turrets)

I.e, chain guns, Vulcan turrets, 50 cals - all those don't work for me. I can use them manually, but the guard mode acts as if they don't exist.

35 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Could someone explain how to add a new parameter to the AI pilot? It would be called "Max Vspeed". I am making custom modifications to BDA. I am a total beginner to C++.

The PAI is highly integrated and there is a spiderweb of connections between all the parts of BDAc which means it's not as simple as just adding a new parameter

My recommendations are the following .............

The first thing is to do some research into how C++ is not the programming language used for writing mods in ksp

Second step would be to learn about C# programming (the programming language ksp mods are written in)

Third step would be to start simple and perhaps do some of the many tutorials in C# programming that are out there

4th step would to start dissecting BDAc and add your modifications after you start to grasp how to program in C# and you have poked around in BDAc to see how it works

Edited by DoctorDavinci

some ideas:

- laser should have better range in space, maybe it's range should be calculated using air pressure (vacuum long range, high air pressure short range)?
- smaller directional jammer (current is spherical, right?)
- railgun using electrical power (should work in space, while normal guns shouldn't)
- camouflage - craft using camouflage is hidden even when player uses map UI, you can only see him when in visual range or using radar/sonar
- probably I am not first person asking for this, but tracks for tanks and little larger wheels are needed, both can use liquid fuel instead of energy
- some very basic hull  with nodes for tank, armored vehicle and boat

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

I am not first person asking for this, but tracks for tanks and little larger wheels are needed, both can use liquid fuel instead of energy
- some very basic hull  with nodes for tank, armored vehicle and boat

HI all those things are provided in very large quantities by other mods.

42 minutes ago, Messernacht said:

Were these ever ironed out, or is there not enough demand for exo-atmospheric guided missiles?

Hi , all missiles now have the ability to be vacuum steered, BUT the BDAI suite is not set up for  operation outside of the atmosphere, so despite the ability for missiles and guns to work there,    space combat isn't happening, as the poor old AI has trouble hitting a 5km target with 6km/s projectile. 

Because it's been asked about so often recently i went back to space to find out, if in fact it was really viable enough to be called a thing.  It's not (imo),   and  epic space battles ( similar to the dogfights in atmosphere or even capital ship engagements,  ( given that my ww2 ships fire and hit at 18KM))   will not be drawing me back anytime soon.  ( and I'm not talking about stockalike space battles, purely BDA powered scenarios)  

bu8c3ws.png

6 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Does anyone know why the guard mode refuses to operate anything that isn't either missiles or Abrams cannons? (Or hydra turrets)

I.e, chain guns, Vulcan turrets, 50 cals - all those don't work for me. I can use them manually, but the guard mode acts as if they don't exist.

Have you checked the Engage settings to ensure they are enable to attack the type of target you want to shoot at? Air, Ground, Missile.

9 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Impossible!

https://pastebin.com/VzMVEBw2

It doesn't *always* come out that good. Sometimes all 4 get wiped without so much as a scratch on the 4 Falkens. Once, I ended up with a single one of these modded planes left standing, with one wingtip and its radome shot away. I must just be getting pretty good at figuring out how to setup planes for BDA AI dogfights when I can take someone else's bad design and make it at least an even match for the 'legendary' Falken. https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/ADF-01-Falken-Crewed

21 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

The PAI is highly integrated and there is a spiderweb of connections between all the parts of BDAc which means it's not as simple as just adding a new parameter

My recommendations are the following .............

The first thing is to do some research into how C++ is not the programming language used for writing mods in ksp

Second step would be to learn about C# programming (the programming language ksp mods are written in)

Third step would be to start simple and perhaps do some of the many tutorials in C# programming that are out there

4th step would to start dissecting BDAc and add your modifications after you start to grasp how to program in C# and you have poked around in BDAc to see how it works

Ok... I definitely misworded myself. What I meant was" how do you get a variable to be controlled by a green slider-thing in the AI pilot VAB/SPH UI." Never mind interweaving it with the AI. I already know how to do that. I simply want to know how to get the variable to be controlled by a slider.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Ok... I definitely misworded myself. What I meant was" how do you get a variable to be controlled by a green slider-thing in the AI pilot VAB/SPH UI." Never mind interweaving it with the AI. I already know how to do that. I simply want to know how to get the variable to be controlled by a slider.

If you already know how to integrate into the PAI then the answer is right in front of you when you open up the PAI code ... Your answer is literally right in front of you

If you are having problems understanding what is before you when looking at the PAI code might I suggest going to the following thread where many of the KSP community's plugin guys/gals will be able to assist you further

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/29-plugin-development-help-and-support/

Edited by DoctorDavinci