[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

17 minutes ago, Holdground said:

Any word on 1.4.1 update for this. It might be due to the update but I don't have all the parts anymore, I seem to be missing the radar's/ radar data receiver.

No, there is no word on a KSP v1.4.1 compatible BDAc version

BDAc is only compatible with KSP v1.3.0 and v1.3.1 ... if trying to use BDAc in 1.4.x it will not work

There is no ETA and no expected date of release ... it will be ready when it is ready 

Please stand by :)

3 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

I'm trying to use a multi-stage modular missile made out of procedural missile parts, but mounting it on an aircraft causes weird physics things that makes the plane implode when spawned with Vessel Mover. Any ideas why?

Yes, you can't re-root your vessel and use it with Vessel Mover. 

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

as mentioned

Meaning that is the only one i want to see ,  as without seeing that i still say it's memory related , as in the initial log you had just enough physical left to happily run win7 but nothing else, so if pushed to use more, ie when loading, the game crashes.

as requested the log

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S52eaZO0f4P7QlNB_ueyqau7n69YeO__

4 hours ago, ethane007 said:

as requested the log

Cheers yes thats what i wanted to see, and as i suspected aside from some silly mod errors on parts that should have none, there's nothing in your log whatsoever .  Which is annoying for you, as to ascertain the true problem as you've decided that it's not a memory shortage( it is)   I suggest that you remove Kerbinside and NKD as they are the mods that are logging errors , kerbinside in particular is badly optimised for the current game ( yes i know it being remade) ,   and retry .  Should that too fail.  You'll have to  pare it down even more and perhaps try it simply with Squad BDA and PRE

9 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Okay, I rebuilt the missile directly onto the plane, and it still explodes upon spawn by Vessel Mover.

Hi what you  need to do, is first create your missile and save it as a sub assembly. load your aircraft, complete with weapon manager, and attach the saved sub assembly missile.

7 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Okay, I rebuilt the missile directly onto the plane, and it still explodes upon spawn by Vessel Mover.

I still thinking you have a root problem. Does the vessel works when you remove the missile? 

15 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I still thinking you have a root problem. Does the vessel works when you remove the missile? 

It does.

Also, is there some sort of construction factor that affects how 'missile happy' a plane is? I feel like some of my planes (when flown by AI) launch missiles more quickly the moment they get onto target than others. The set weapon ranges are identical between the two aircraft. Does it have anything to do with stability of flight, i.e., aircraft can point themselves in the right direction more precisely without extra correction? Or amount of engines/heat sources on the launching aircraft (maybe?)?

Edited by Box of Stardust

18 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

No, there is no word on a KSP v1.4.1 compatible BDAc version

BDAc is only compatible with KSP v1.3.0 and v1.3.1 ... if trying to use BDAc in 1.4.x it will not work

There is no ETA and no expected date of release ... it will be ready when it is ready 

Please stand by :)

VesselMover'll be updated too, right?

57 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

Why?

Because you asked about a mod is going to be updated :wink:

Questions such as 'when will this be updated?', 'is this going to be updated?', 'when are you going to release an updated version?', 'when will mod X be updated?' etc.. will generally end up with the above type of response

Please see the following thread for a better understanding of where us modders are coming from:

Hi there,

I've got a question about the "tntmass" limit.

We know that the MK1 pod's Hitpoint is 4000, and as far as I can tell the tntmass limit is up to 3000.

So I wonder if we can increase the limit of tntmass like up to 20000.

And it'll be very likely to be real.

Thanks 

16 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

Hi there,

I've got a question about the "tntmass" limit.

We know that the MK1 pod's Hitpoint is 4000, and as far as I can tell the tntmass limit is up to 3000.

So I wonder if we can increase the limit of tntmass like up to 20000.

And it'll be very likely to be real.

Thanks 

Sorry I don't understand your suggestion. 

TntMass and hitpoints are not related at all! 

48 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Sorry I don't understand your suggestion. 

TntMass and hitpoints are not related at all! 

Yeah, My point is even I have a missile (with Tntmass 3000)  is still Not capable to destoy even a MK1 pod in one shot.

How can we make that happen?

Or how can we just increase the power of a missile?

THX.

18 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

Yeah, My point is even I have a missile (with Tntmass 3000)  is still Not capable to destoy even a MK1 pod in one shot.

How can we make that happen?

Or how can we just increase the power of a missile?

THX.

uhmm that is strange...

Can you make the following test?

1. Spawn a vessel with only the MK1 pod

2. Spawn a 3000 tntMass warhead and using vesselMover place it exactly next to the MK1Pod (as close as possible < 1 meter)

3. Detonate the warhead (you can right click the missile and detonate, or the explosive module in case you are using modular missiles)

My expectations are that the explosion should destroy de MK1 pod. If I'm wrong then we have an issue.

Edited by jrodriguez

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

uhmm that is strange...

Can you make the following test?

1. Spawn a vessel with only the MK1 pod

2. Spawn a 3000 tntMass warhead and using vesselMover place it exactly next to the MK1Pod (as close as possible < 1 meter)

3. Detonate the warhead (you can right click the missile and detonate, or the explosive module in case you are using modular missiles)

My expectations are that the explosion should destroy de MK1 pod. If I'm wrong then we have an issue.

I haven't got the warhead of 3000 of Tntmass, But I do have these tests:

1.I use my 3000 tntmass missile to hit MK1-2 Pod(directly hit target) , as a result it causes me 3 fires to destroy it.

2.I used my own aircraft carrier with 20000 hitpoints,  and hit it directly with a missile which has a 5000 tntmass.

It ended up the maximum hits out there is about 3000 hitpoints each shot.

So I wonder if we can manage to increase the tntmass limit or just lower all vessels hitpoints.

6 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

I haven't got the warhead of 3000 of Tntmass, But I do have these tests:

1.I use my 3000 tntmass missile to hit MK1-2 Pod(directly hit target) , as a result it causes me 3 fires to destroy it.

2.I used my own aircraft carrier with 20000 hitpoints,  and hit it directly with a missile which has a 5000 tntmass.

It ended up the maximum hits out there is about 3000 hitpoints each shot.

So I wonder if we can manage to increase the tntmass limit or just lower all vessels hitpoints.

Which is the 'Detonation distance'  the missile is using? 

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

I cant even use the Detonate button ...

But my setting distance is 0 if that's help 

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

I used the small war head and detonated it .

It successfully destroy the MKII pod, but I wonder why the missile with even higher tntmass wont do the same(even with direct hit with a huge impact speed)

1 hour ago, Johnny005611 said:

I cant even use the Detonate button ...

But my setting distance is 0 if that's help 

I used the small war head and detonated it .

It successfully destroy the MKII pod, but I wonder why the missile with even higher tntmass wont do the same(even with direct hit with a huge impact speed)

It is very strange. A 3000 tnt mass will create a massive mess (maybe even destroy the entire KSC)

Can you try to change the detonation distance to 1-5 meters with your missile? Maybe you can also try a different stock missile?

20 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

It is very strange. A 3000 tnt mass will create a massive mess (maybe even destroy the entire KSC)

Can you try to change the detonation distance to 1-5 meters with your missile? Maybe you can also try a different stock missile?

I'll see what happened if I change the stock AIM-120 to 3000 tntmass.

And can I ask what's relation between tntmass & hitpoints?

And what's the possible reasons that my own missile wont have such effect.Or what I miss with missile to make it right

And can I ask what's relation between tntmass & hitpoints?

Non whatsoever . Hitpoints are calculated based on surface area and density.  TNT mass is the quantity of TNT in a missile that gives approximately a realish world result and is tuned to each missile or weapon system

For a detailed explanation and the formulas in use visit the post linked below

And what's the possible reasons that my own missile wont have such effect.Or what I miss with missile to make it right

difficult to tel via crystal ball, we have no clues as to the design,  method of construction  or control of your missile .

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)