[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

6 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

BDAc has not been updated to KSP v1.4.x ... The team is working on it, please stand by :)

You'll never get a break answering that question, don't you xD

People just cannot read.

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

You'll never get a break answering that question, don't you xD

People just cannot read.

Sigh, I agree so much! Even as a person who does not make mods, I can feel the pain of the modders. I go on this thread every day to check if it's been updated, but I'm about 150% sure the authors are working with full effort to update the mod asap, so personally, I would feel terrible to rush them or ask for support on unsupported versions. Those people are spending countless hours improving our game experience for us for free, and as a programming-enthusiast, I'm pretty sure that BDAc is something that will take quite a bit of time and effort to revise to be compatible to a changed game version (ksp 1.4 did change so modding became harder right?). So guys, please just allow the authors to focus on the update!

Edited by william2002730

Just a testament to the mod's popularity.  Comes with the territory.  All credit goes to @BahamutoD for conceiving such an awesome mod.  The BDAc team can only hope that we keep up with the community.

Yes, the unity version change  created some issues (shaders and particles changed), so we are resolving that.  Additionally we had our normal feature and support branch changes to incorporate.  Not long now.  a couple more issues being worked out.

Edited by Papa_Joe

BD Armory should have build-in hostile military bases, airbase and air carrier. Some default vehicles going on patrol mode around it, it would be more fun to destroy things other people made.

Maybe one friendly air carrier as air base for player would do be good too.

edit: and kerbal military suits, different for pilots and for marines :-)

Edited by Cassel

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

BD Armory should have build-in hostile military bases, airbase and air carrier. Some default vehicles going on patrol mode around it, it would be more fun to destroy things other people made.

Maybe one friendly air carrier as air base for player would do be good too.

edit: and kerbal military suits, different for pilots and for marines :-)

I disagree. That'd make testing fighters and recording fighter jet competitions that much harder, they would constantly be attacking during my testing and recording. 

3 hours ago, Hojoz said:

I disagree. That'd make testing fighters and recording fighter jet competitions that much harder, they would constantly be attacking during my testing and recording. 

depends on their distance from KSC

10 hours ago, hieubeo282 said:

KSP: 1.4.1.2089 Windows 64bit

Problem: Can't find all part of rada

Mods installed:

MechJeb 2

Module Manager 3.0.6

QuizTechAeroPack 1.3.12

Log:

https://file.io/HeRI2U

Pictures: 

There's literally a comment on the top of this very page that says the mod hasn't been updated for 1.4.x

On 4/11/2018 at 10:26 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Coming soon to a battle near you :cool:

That looks amazing! The BDA team and the work that you guys do is truly a gift to this community.

1 hour ago, SarcasticAviator said:

That looks amazing! The BDA team and the work that you guys do is truly a gift to this community.

Thanx ... where BDAc has gone is totally a team effort

We on the BDAc team strive to provide a means to conduct yourself in such a way as to destroy all who oppose you .. explosions are good, explosions with intent are better :D

Let all those who oppose the wanton destruction that is BD Armory Continued be rest assured in the fact that destruction is our mantra and that this destruction is for the enjoyment of all the masses and we intend to move forward with more destruction and mayhem in the coming future

In regards to the mines ... they are indiscriminate killers as in realife, however I have provided for the ability to disarm them ... if you're slow and careful then you will be able to disarm them just like if you were in Cambodia or Laos disarming mines the Khumer Rouge layed eveywhere and anywhere ... serves as a lesson I suppose ... teaches that indiscriminate destruction is not such a good thing :/

In order to disarm a mine you will need a kerbal that has a mine detector part equipped using KIS

Edited by DoctorDavinci

6 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Thanx ... where BDAc has gone is totally a team effort

We on the BDAc team strive to provide a means to conduct yourself in such a way as to destroy all who oppose you .. explosions are good, explosions with intent are better :D

Let all those who oppose the wanton destruction that is BD Armory Continued be rest assured in the fact that destruction is our mantra and that this destruction is for the enjoyment of all the masses and we intend to move forward with more destruction and mayhem in the coming future

In regards to the mines ... they are indiscriminate killers as in realife, however I have provided for the ability to disarm them ... if you're slow and careful then you will be able to disarm them just like if you were in Cambodia or Laos disarming mines the Khumer Rouge layed eveywhere and anywhere ... serves as a lesson I suppose ... teaches that indiscriminate destruction is not such a good thing :/

In order to disarm a mine you will need a kerbal that has a mine detector part equipped using KIS

So political XD, but yeah sounds good! Also, I just can't understate how collaborative and constructive the ksp community is!

Edited by william2002730

19 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Do the mines detonate at a certain distance from the root part of a craft or the nearest part of a craft to the mine? I'm thinking making craft that have girders or armour pieces extending out the front to be able to detonate mines before they come near enough to do serious damage to the actual craft. This of course wouldn't work if they detonated based on the distance to the root part (unless of course you set the forwardmost girder as the root part...).

On 4/12/2018 at 9:26 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

Coming soon to a battle near you :cool:

On 4/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

looking at the mines... why don't you make it boom upon touch instead of proximity fuze? also mine disarm feature shouldn't use KIS, but in order to locate it (because of it's grass camo) u need a KIS equipped metal detector

Awesome mod, waiting for 1.4.x version. By the way, I've noticed issues with drag on some parts. For example "Radar data receiver"  has drag similar to that of Mk2 or Mk1 fuselage, isn't that too much? Similar thing with "Weapon manager". It is very visible when these parts are attached to the plane (speed is greatly reduced, especially at low altitudes).

18 hours ago, L0ck0n said:

Awesome mod, waiting for 1.4.x version. By the way, I've noticed issues with drag on some parts. For example "Radar data receiver"  has drag similar to that of Mk2 or Mk1 fuselage, isn't that too much? Similar thing with "Weapon manager". It is very visible when these parts are attached to the plane (speed is greatly reduced, especially at low altitudes).

hmmm looks like the same thing happened to me
my mig can fly to roughly above mach 3, but it can't reach mach 1 with bda parts

23 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

hmmm looks like the same thing happened to me
my mig can fly to roughly above mach 3, but it can't reach mach 1 with bda parts

IMO these lines in config files are incorrect (values should be muuuuch smaller):

maximum_drag
minimum_drag
angularDrag

Currnetly for "Radar data receiver" it looks like:

maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2

Similar values are used in Mk1 fuselage config.