[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

55 minutes ago, L0ck0n said:

IMO these lines in config files are incorrect (values should be muuuuch smaller):

maximum_drag
minimum_drag
angularDrag

Currnetly for "Radar data receiver" it looks like:

maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2

Similar values are used in Mk1 fuselage config.

They dont affect the drag any longer, the drag is calculated form the parts dimensions and volume, and then written to the PartDatabase.cfg as the DragCube

Can we have some super-mini weaponry for super tiny crafts? I don't want ammo boxes and machine guns dominating my crafts! Also, tiny missiles would be great as well, even if they don't do much! Also also, it would be great if the laser was tweakscale-able!

Edited by Fireheart318

Just now, redmonddkgamer said:

How do I make the autopilot fly straight as opposed to circling KSC?

Hi  that's not the type of autopilot it is. It is a combat  autopilot only, although in conjunction with the wing commander it does have some other abilities, but still , it's not the kind of autopilot that will fly your craft from point A to point B for everyday lazy piloting

43 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

can we leave things like missile rails on the craft?

43 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Also ammo boxes. Do those need to be removed too?

Missile rails and ammo boxes should be safe left on the craft, however if the drag fix goes through, you'd want to remove ammo boxes, weapon manager, and PAI, as all those are affected, and changes to drag cube are not applied to saved craft.

That  said, there've been a multitude of small changes and tweaks throughout the parts list and for best, assured results all BDA and other mod items that use the BDA core should be removed .

All guns missiles and bombs must be removed regardless

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi  that's not the type of autopilot it is. It is a combat  autopilot only, although in conjunction with the wing commander it does have some other abilities, but still , it's not the kind of autopilot that will fly your craft from point A to point B for everyday lazy piloting

Missile rails and ammo boxes should be safe left on the craft, however if the drag fix goes through, you'd want to remove ammo boxes, weapon manager, and PAI, as all those are affected, and changes to drag cube are not applied to saved craft.

That  said, there've been a multitude of small changes and tweaks throughout the parts list and for best, assured results all BDA and other mod items that use the BDA core should be removed .

All guns missiles and bombs must be removed regardless

Hm, this is probably a dumb question, but do they have to be removed when imported, or is it fine to import them in, then just remove them before launching the craft? You know, for ease of replacing components where they were exactly, as well as retaining WM and PAI settings for reference.

Just now, Box of Stardust said:

Hm, this is probably a dumb question, but do they have to be removed when imported

Well, it's your call, do it any way you want. It is our recommendation that all relevant BDA parts are removed prior to transferring  . 

But we all know how this works, you (generic you, as we all do it)  transfer the craft over to the new version ,  it loads and isn't locked, so you fly it, and if you've not  swapped or remove the equipment anything that happens is completely the responsibility of you,  the user.    If you end up in space, break the world, blow  up on launch, it's  not a bug, it's a choice you made, having been made aware of possible problems. 

21 minutes ago, Galane said:

Since craft files are text files, it should be possible to create a processor that looks for the BDA parts and alters things as needed to work with the new version.

By all means send a pull request to our github with your code to do this ... https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/pulls

Or if you don't have code then perhaps you could post an issue on our github ... https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

However I will say that it is an unlikely thing for this to be implemented as it is only a one time deal for the changes let alone the amount of work that would be needed to do in order to get the code to work right is really not worth the investment in my opinion since all one has to do is follow the directions on the tin and remove all BDAc and BDAc addon parts from your craft before you bring it forward into the new BDAc

The 2 minutes it would take a user to do this is nothing compared to the days/weeks of massaging code to solve a problem that really isn't a problem when you think about it

Again, just my opinion :wink:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

On 4/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Coming soon to a battle near you :cool:

Did @Acea knows that about the depth charges? He could update NAS to use the new mechanics.

Edited by MotokiKuN

Im having problems with guns. My bullets seems to tear through everything but do no damage. It happens for every gun. Can anyone help

Thx

On 16/04/2018 at 4:43 PM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

hmmm looks like the same thing happened to me
my mig can fly to roughly above mach 3, but it can't reach mach 1 with bda parts

Well i did manage to build a plane with bdac parts that can fly to 1000 m/s at low altitudes. Deleted that plane though.

Edited by Xd the great

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Im having problems with guns. My bullets seems to tear through everything but do no damage. It happens for every gun. Can anyone help

Hi, before any advice can be given the following details will be needed.  KSP version,  BDA version and where you downloaded it from.   AS a crystal ball inspired guess I'd say that you are using either running KSP 1.4.x with BDA,  which will fail, as mentioned many times already, There's no 1.4 BDA right now. Or any other KSP version with a BDA version that is not compatible.

will someone please start getting rid of all these "1.4? it donte work" im getting tired of thinking there is actually something important on this thread when i get a notification.

isnt it a breach of forum rules anyway? 

23 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

By all means send a pull request to our github with your code to do this ... https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/pulls

Or if you don't have code then perhaps you could post an issue on our github ... https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

However I will say that it is an unlikely thing for this to be implemented as it is only a one time deal for the changes let alone the amount of work that would be needed to do in order to get the code to work right is really not worth the investment in my opinion since all one has to do is follow the directions on the tin and remove all BDAc and BDAc addon parts from your craft before you bring it forward into the new BDAc

The 2 minutes it would take a user to do this is nothing compared to the days/weeks of massaging code to solve a problem that really isn't a problem when you think about it

Again, just my opinion :wink:

Here's a project I had someone do for me back when I was using Palm OS PDA's for reading eBooks. IIRC he was taking a class in Visual C and did it for the practice. Had to change all the UTF-8 codes to their ASCII equivalents before converting the HTML or other files to Mobi. What it does is read in the replacement file then searches for all matches on the odd lines, replacing each with whatever text is on the even line below. However, it does for some reason have a limit in how many swap pairs can be in the replacement file. The included all the codes file is *too many pairs*. Crazy things will happen. What's the max number of pairs? I don't know, never tried adding a pair at a time until it went crazy. It was able to do enough to handle all the commonly (pointlessly for English) unicoded punctuation in ebooks. Source code (Microsoft Visual C 2005) is included along with compiled executable. License? Free, do whatever you want with it. If someone can adapt it to a craft converter for the new BDAc, have at it. As it is, it can be used for all kinds of mass edits on text files. Need to make the same changes to a large number of KSP CFG files? Run them through this one after another and be done in jig time. Fix the pairs limit issue and it could be used to encypher and decypher text by having the proper replacement files at each end of the communication.

http://www.filedropper.com/textfilestringreplacer

P.S. I'd love to have a compiled version with the replacement pairs limit fixed or increased at least enough to handle as many pairs as is in the all the codes file.

Edited by Galane

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, before any advice can be given the following details will be needed.  KSP version,  BDA version and where you downloaded it from.   AS a crystal ball inspired guess I'd say that you are using either running KSP 1.4.x with BDA,  which will fail, as mentioned many times already, There's no 1.4 BDA right now. Or any other KSP version with a BDA version that is not compatible.

Ah i see thanks a lot. 

By the way i have been trolling around with these inconpatible versions and found that the plane radar map does not work too lol.

9 hours ago, Midnight Jade said:

Hey SpannerMonkey, so this talk about removing BDA parts before updating... do I need to do that for the next version too?

You shouldn't need to ... The changes that were made which require you to remove any BDAc and BDAc addon parts are a one time thing when updating BDAc to v1.1 Final from any previous versions of BDAc (v1.0.0.0 and down)

3 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I know BDA won't work in 1.4 what I want to know is if the dependencies are updated if it will work, I wanna try something other than exploration 

Not sure what you are referring to in regards to 'dependencies' ... BDAc does not work in 1.4.x due to BDAc code needing to be adjusted, massaged and some of it rewritten

BDAc not being updated for KSP v1.4.x has nothing to do with any dependency and has everything to do with the changes Squad made