[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

16 minutes ago, LTRyan said:

Is the STIR not functional anymore?

Tried to link it with an normal Radar (without tracking) but couldn't illuminate targets

Is the STIR BDArmory? I thought that was in a different mod.

5 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Is the STIR BDArmory? I thought that was in a different mod.

Ye its part of BDArmory and I found another problem.

I`m trying to build a SAM site with diffrent modules.. so Launch unit, Tracking Radar, Early Warning Radar etc.

The problem is that my TR tracks the plane and soon cancel it again and loos intrest in it. So it locks for 2 secs and unlocks again.. all missile fly then into space

1 minute ago, LTRyan said:

Ye its part of BDArmory and I found another problem.

I`m trying to build a SAM site with diffrent modules.. so Launch unit, Tracking Radar, Early Warning Radar etc.

The problem is that my TR tracks the plane and soon cancel it again and loos intrest in it. So it locks for 2 secs and unlocks again.. all missile fly then into space

No, the STIR is Malfunc Industries which I do not believe has been updated for the most recent BDAc releases.

4 hours ago, Hojoz said:

With all the changes to stealth in the coming release, will there be any change in how my pre stealth update fighters fight each other, or will they fly just like before?

What do you mean by coming release?

All the changes regarding stealth and radar are in the current release 1.0.0, and no other changes are in the pipeline for the next release...

7 hours ago, TheDog said:

What do you mean by coming release?

All the changes regarding stealth and radar are in the current release 1.0.0, and no other changes are in the pipeline for the next release...

Oh so a 1.3.1 version is already released?

I wasn't fully aware of that...

4 hours ago, LTRyan said:

Ok I did some testing with 1.3.1 and 1.3.0 with almost stock mods.

The guarding mode for SAMs is hard broken.. it can't keep its lock on any enemy aircraft and shoot it.

Thats a major bummer

This is not the place to report issues ( you should do it on our issues section on GitHub) 

And please instead of highlight the problem, you should always elaborate the steps to reproduce it. 

22 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

Oh so a 1.3.1 version is already released?

I wasn't fully aware of that...

The 1.3.x in the thread title should indicate that there is (considering I put it there)

17 minutes ago, LTRyan said:

No I just tested it in both KSP versions

So BDAc v1.0.0.0 is compatible with KSP v1.3.1

As my friend above said .....

12 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

This is not the place to report issues ( you should do it on our issues section on GitHub) 

And please instead of highlight the problem, you should always elaborate the steps to reproduce it. 

Here is our github issues link https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Problem with targeting pod, static purple screen on all targeting pods even though im using ksp 1.3.1 and the latest bdarmory 1.0.0 release from papajoessoup.

sry just realise the issue forum on github

Edited by HJP1121

1 hour ago, HJP1121 said:

Problem with targeting pod, static purple screen on all targeting pods even though im using ksp 1.3.1 and the latest bdarmory 1.0.0 release from papajoessoup.

sry just realise the issue forum on github

My guess is you are forcing opengl .... Please see the OP of this thread where it says the following starting at the 5th sentence of the post:

I also refer you to our in game KSPedia where you will find a wealth of information on the operation of BDAc

Be aware that forcing opengl will result in many shaders showing as pink ... the only solution is to NOT force opengl

Hope this helps :)

Edit: However, after some "testing", my armoured vehicle was capable of surviving collisions with airplanes greater than 1 ton all the way up to an Aeris 3a divebombing it at about 300m/s from 5000m up, which is some good penetration resistance.

Also, after some more testing, it seems that the armour panels work great against missiles and rockets but against bullets they just die 

Edited by memeconnoiseur

8 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

How do the armor modules work?

True answer ..... they don't. But as you'd expect there's more to it than that.  The reason why armor doesn't work for bullets is quite simply heat, and the current (release versions) damage system creates almost all of it's damage through heat.  Using heat is a damn sight better than the previous random roll method, but it's still not brilliant and is not that easy to manage in order to get predictable.  dare i say, realistic feeling damage.  We're not talking real world here, we talking appropriate levels,  so for an example , it's quite possible , right now in release versions,  with a 30mm cannon to destroy everything, everything from aircraft to several thousand tonne ships, this isn't right and doesn't even feel right .  

The armor was introduced as part of system to change the way damage is applied and managed , but it's only a small part , and in fact armor as it is today, will not make it into the future.  The rest of the incredibly complex, difficult to build and tune damage system has been under development for around six months solid now, and rest assured the BDAc thats on the other side of it  makes the current damage  seem a little silly.  Tests have been ongoing for around 3 months and I have to say that I really do not enjoy the un-dev versions anymore.

SO do stick with it, don't waste too much time on testing whats known to be a deficient system, if you're really interested check out github, everything is there to see. And most of all have fun destroying stuff in a simple stupid way, with the knowledge that something immeasurably better is on the horizon.

rvMJjCD.png

39 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

True answer ..... they don't. But as you'd expect there's more to it than that.  The reason why armor doesn't work for bullets is quite simply heat, and the current (release versions) damage system creates almost all of it's damage through heat.  Using heat is a damn sight better than the previous random roll method, but it's still not brilliant and is not that easy to manage in order to get predictable.  dare i say, realistic feeling damage.  We're not talking real world here, we talking appropriate levels,  so for an example , it's quite possible , right now in release versions,  with a 30mm cannon to destroy everything, everything from aircraft to several thousand tonne ships, this isn't right and doesn't even feel right .  

The armor was introduced as part of system to change the way damage is applied and managed , but it's only a small part , and in fact armor as it is today, will not make it into the future.  The rest of the incredibly complex, difficult to build and tune damage system has been under development for around six months solid now, and rest assured the BDAc thats on the other side of it  makes the current damage  seem a little silly.  Tests have been ongoing for around 3 months and I have to say that I really do not enjoy the un-dev versions anymore.

SO do stick with it, don't waste too much time on testing whats known to be a deficient system, if you're really interested check out github, everything is there to see. And most of all have fun destroying stuff in a simple stupid way, with the knowledge that something immeasurably better is on the horizon.

rvMJjCD.png

I wasn't really testing, it just didn't feel right that a highly armoured vehicle can survive 1 AGM-86C and two suicide bombings from Aeris 3A's but get annihilated by the 20mm Vulcan.

I'm very interested to see how BDAc will pan out in the future, I've been an avid user since 1.0.5 and I really can't play KSP without it, So I will take your advice and look forward towards the superior BDAc while having as much fun as I can with the current.

Also: Is procedural missiles still happening? I haven't seen an update around. 

On ‎16‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 5:17 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Jimbodiah's Patches v1.2 just uploaded

Changes

- [ProcParts] Added xenon tank option for NF fuels
- [ProcParts] Removed size limitations due to other step sizes than SSTU
- [kerbodynePlus] Added four smaller sizes of the XL Landing Legs
- [stock] Fixed the Airbrake still blowing up on re-entry
- [SSTU] Added a COS hab copy as tourist module that holds 12 kerbals.
- [SSTU] Added probe core, reaction wheel and Ec storage to all three Tourist containers

kerbodyne_legs.jpg

where i can download this legs ?

2 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Also: Is procedural missiles still happening? I haven't seen an update around.

It's in the current release, all you should need is procedural parts ( I need to update the Wiki docs on that as well, looking for the notes)

RE: Armor Damage - as Spanner was mentioning the entire damage system has been redesigned along with Armor. You can find the updated docs here:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.1-Hitpoints-&-Armor | https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.2-Bullet-Configuration

For all the changes made, you can see a partial list from this issue : https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/307

And finally the current Dev branch we are working out of is here : https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/tree/feature_armor

The TLDR; on Armor is that it will be available to add to any part via VAB and there will also be dedicated armor parts to allow for build flexibility.  Armor _will_ stop bullets with the appropriate thickness (up to 500mm) and bullets obey standard kinetic formulas based on their mass and caliber and muzzle velocity (which now have "true" values)

We are getting close to offering a beta, some balancing testing are being done, but I believe next week I will open up a beta like TheDog did with Stealth features. 

2 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

I was just wondering if there was 1.3.1 version of procedural missiles

6 hours ago, gomker said:

It's in the current release, all you should need is procedural parts

If Procedural Parts works in 1.3.1 then so should Procedural Missiles which is a part of BDAc

7 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

So the missile core parts are in the BDAc core mod?

- Procedural Missiles is a part of BDAc

- Install Procedural Parts to use the Procedural Missiles

- If you don't install Procedural Parts then you will be unable to build Procedural Missiles

Not sure how much clearer a person can be :/