[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

Well, I guess it's a good thing I mentioned it. This way, players who don't want to crank settings all the way to have a full graphical experience can enjoy the mods they want to use.

Agreed.   The right answer is to fix it if we can.   And I did.  So that (Git Issue 520) and the radar bug fix in low res have been pushed to the release pipeline.  Not sure when they will be released, but the fixes will appear in the next BDAc release.

13 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Anyone else getting a black square over the radar screen? Depending on the radar used it also spins

This is the radar bug I mentioned above (Git Issue 516).  In the short term increase your KSP Texture quality settings to half resolution or higher.  This fix will be in the next release.

Edited by Papa_Joe

11 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

Can you give me some specific details how to get it set?

I only want the VLS to be used properly with guard mode. Not the rotate missile turret, just the VLS.

99% of all the working VLS and other tube type launchers  are simply missile turrets with 0 (zero) pitch and yaw ,  if there's another way to do it , that i haven't already mentioned in response, I don't know about it.   You arrange them just the same, they still need a yaw and pitch transform, and that's it..  As with all the BDA parts if in doubt find one in another mod and pull it apart, as you've done BDA stuff previously it shouldn't take much to work out whats what .

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

99% of all the working VLS and other tube type launchers  are simply missile turrets with 0 (zero) pitch and yaw ,  if there's another way to do it , that i haven't already mentioned in response, I don't know about it.   You arrange them just the same, they still need a yaw and pitch transform, and that's it..  As with all the BDA parts if in doubt find one in another mod and pull it apart, as you've done BDA stuff previously it shouldn't take much to work out whats what .

I did what you've said by giving them all a yawtransform & pitchtransform, and set to 0 degree so them wont move at all.

But on my computer all VLS from series of mods wont work properly.

I'm using steam version 1.4.3 with 20180518 BDAc.

24 minutes ago, b0siyang said:

hello ,I want to ask why there was no bullet fire light after the update.thx

my game version is 1.4.3

bda version 1.2.1

Are your textures set to full res?

Great Mod!

Is there anyway to prevent the player to switch to enemy vessels? 

I'm building a contract mod for career mode but being able to switch and control enemy vessels kinda makes it too easy :)

Thanks again buddy!

17 hours ago, b0siyang said:

hello ,I want to ask why there was no bullet fire light after the update.thx

my game version is 1.4.3

bda version 1.2.1

please refer to the following links:

You may notice a trend here.  All these posts are no more than one page back in the thread.  It might help you greatly if you do a bit of reading BEFORE you post your question.  

13 hours ago, jebeddun said:

Great Mod!

Is there anyway to prevent the player to switch to enemy vessels? 

I'm building a contract mod for career mode but being able to switch and control enemy vessels kinda makes it too easy :)

Thanks again buddy!

just don't switch to it
done

16 minutes ago, L0ck0n said:

Is there some way to make Radar window bigger than 100%?

One of the things being worked on at the moment is the appearance and function of the BDA' windows,  however, I think you're the first ever to ask could the radar view be made bigger, It's huge.  Making things smaller and less obtrusive has always been a desire, especially for that huge radar window.

@Papa_Joe Bigger ????? :) who'd have guessed

16 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

One of the things being worked on at the moment is the appearance and function of the BDA' windows,  however, I think you're the first ever to ask could the radar view be made bigger, It's huge.  Making things smaller and less obtrusive has always been a desire, especially for that huge radar window.

@Papa_Joe Bigger ????? :) who'd have guessed

Yes.  It is possible.  In the short term, you can change the setting manually in the settings.cfg.  Simply change the RWR_WINDOW_SIZE to a number like 1.25 (125%) for the warning receiver.  Or, change the RADAR_WINDOW_SIZE for the Radar window.  Note that if you go into the settings window to make changes (in game) it will likely revert to the limits set in the code.

With that said, I could also add parameters for min size and max size, so the user could set the range themselves in the settings file.  I'm a firm believer in choice, so it makes sense to me.  Default settings could be 50% to 150%, with 100% the initial setting.

Edited by Papa_Joe

5 minutes ago, L0ck0n said:

Thx, bigger radar window is especially usfeul for selecting swarm of missiles at bigger distances.

If you can, please make an issue in Github for your request.  I don't want it to get lost in the forums.

Are there any plans to look at part health in a future BDAc update? I'm not really a fan of the fact that planes take longer to kill now, makes battles seeme dragged out a little bit. If there are, is there a possibility of you guys sharing plans or are said plans not ready for the public yet? 

30 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

Are there any plans to look at part health in a future BDAc update? I'm not really a fan of the fact that planes take longer to kill now, makes battles seeme dragged out a little bit. If there are, is there a possibility of you guys sharing plans or are said plans not ready for the public yet? 

We are reexamining the current armor/hitpoint system, as it is not playing out quite as expected.  While it is very realistic in its behavior, the general lack of internals in most craft makes the playability less then what we hoped for under certain circumstances.  The idea behind armor was that it is to prevent damage to internal structures.  If you penetrate the armor, the armor is still effective on subsequent shots.   

I cannot share plans, just as Doc said, but it is under review and possible revision.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Is it normal for me not seeing bullets flying around? Or is it tweakble in settings?

Also, my radar windows for cone shaped radar and incline radars are all black now. Dunno what is happening. Something about resolution, but i think it should have been fixed. 

I use the 20180519 release

Edited by Xd the great

7 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Is it normal for me not seeing bullets flying around? Or is it tweakble in settings?

Sigh.   I mean no disrespect, but a bit of reading of this forum thread would have answered this question.  PLease look at your Graphics settings in KSP.  Set the texture quality to full resolution.  AND please refer to this post:

Edited by Papa_Joe

13 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

We are reexamining the current armor/hitpoint system, as it is not playing out quite as expected.  While it is very realistic in its behavior, the general lack of internals in most craft makes the playability less then what we hoped for under certain circumstances.  The idea behind armor was that it is to prevent damage to internal structures.  If you penetrate the armor, the armor is still effective on subsequent shots.   

I cannot share plans, just as Doc said, but it is under review and possible revision.

To be honest, a bunch of vulcan turrets solve all problems.

20 hours ago, Xd the great said:

To be honest, a bunch of vulcan turrets solve all problems.

Turrets which are not usually allowed in the competition I participate it. Besides that, I'm one of those people that used missile spam to be at least somewhat competitive so I guess you could say that I'm biased

On 5/23/2018 at 9:41 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the reply 

3 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Son, just build independent turrets. Or make them decoupleable.

What do you mean by independent turrets? Cuz no matter how much turrets I have they are only used by one weapon manager and lock only one target at a time