[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

I'm having a bit of a problem....don't know if its been covered or if I just suck at using your mods

Im using the radar guided anti-ship Tomahawk missile from 20 kilometers and it hits the water about 7km from the target

I also cant get the "terminal guidance: radar" (which is marked true) thing to work on other cruise missiles and they simply fly over their target that has since moved away

I'm using ships built with the large ships mod, SM armory, and bd armory

Please help if you know what I'm doing wrong

Edited by Ayoungsquid

Ok, so enough teasing.  BDAc v1.2.1.2 is now released.
Change log:

v1.2.1.2
* FIXES
  * Correct Radar display missing graphics when using low quality graphics Git Issue #516.
  * Correct tracer display missing graphics when using low quality graphics.  Git Issue #520.
  * Correct automatic resizing of WingCommander Window
  * Reintroduce BDAcUniversalAmmoBox Module Manager config file.  Somehow was dropped during a merge somewhere back.
  * Separate RWR operation from RWR display.  RWR should be enabled at all times when a Radar is installed on craft. 
    - Opening and closing the RWR window now leaves RWR operation active.  Git Issues 410, #411, #461
  * removed part configs for the AGM86-Cruise an the RBS-15  They have been broken, and are superceded by improved weapons.

* ENHANCEMENTS:
  * Increase the limits of the Radar and RWR window scaling to allow for larger windows.  
    - Add min and max settings to the settings.cfg to allow user defined limits. Git Issue #521
  * Add mouse driven RWR and Radar windows resizing.  Now you can intuitively resize by mouse.  Click and drag the lower right corner.
  * Redesigned Targeting Cam window to incorporate all features added to the Radar window - resizing, boundary checks, mouse resize, relocate buttons
  * Retune BDAc missiles to improve characteristics, performance, and balance.  Tuning performed by Kergan.

Enjoy!

Edited by Papa_Joe
spelling.

4 hours ago, Ayoungsquid said:

I'm having a bit of a problem....don't know if its been covered or if I just suck at using your mods

Im using the radar guided anti-ship Tomahawk missile from 20 kilometers and it hits the water about 7km from the target

I also cant get the "terminal guidance: radar" (which is marked true) thing to work on other cruise missiles and they simply fly over their target that has since moved away

I'm using ships built with the large ships mod, SM armory, and bd armory

Please help if you know what I'm doing wrong

You may be using an older version. In which case, go to the patches and find the terminal guidance mm patch. Delete it. This should fix the problem.

4 hours ago, Ayoungsquid said:

I'm having a bit of a problem

What XOC2008 said.

OR

Download the newest version that was just released... as long as you are on KSP 1.4.3

Just make sure not to overwrite the old one... delete the old one first, THEN copy in the new one.

Edited by TheKurgan

With the recent release of the ground autopilot, laser guided missiles have become kind of useless since the FLIR can't keep track of a target like radar does and instead locks at a fixed point on the ground. Is there a way to change this?

And to add onto the VLS bug the others found earlier, I got it too, and it wasn't related to any other mod. Using BDA's AMRAAM missiles and a stock "SVLS" (semi vertical launch system), I was able to fire on ships/ground from any angle, but planes had to be within a specific angle of the amraam's dotted tracking circle. This did not happen in the previous versions, and I was able to launch amraam from any off-sight degree against planes and missiles.

I learnt that by remediating to the problem by incorportating an elevation system which partially fixed the problem. Partially since the missiles still need to be facing the target area. Iirc the aim 120 was able tp be fired off-boresight irl, and it was able to do so in the 1.3.1 bda.

Pics of the SVLS

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/350784732830629888/451139056802463787/unknown.png

Also (last also prolly) @Papa_Joe Is there a reason why the AIM-9 was given a realistic speed of 854 m/s while the AMRAAM kept its old speed of 450 m/s? Probably something you guys forgot considering other speeds but just wanted to make sure

Edited by NotAnAimbot

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Is there a reason why the AIM-9 was given a realistic speed of 854 m/s while the AMRAAM kept its old speed of 450 m/s?

Unless I messed something up... which I didn't think I did, the AMRAAM from last night's release, should hit close to mach 4.

I'll check it out... as I am the missile tuning guy. ;)

Ah I see it, the optimumAirspeed = 450 in the cfg. I missed that. I don't think it should hinder the missile's performance though.

Will test.

Nope, no performance impact, but I will change it for next release.

I will test the VLS, and SVLS thing later, but I am not sure it's something that can be fixed with cfg editing.

Edited by TheKurgan

13 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

You may be using an older version. In which case, go to the patches and find the terminal guidance mm patch. Delete it. This should fix the problem.

I checked my BDA armory and I hadn't updated it in about 4 months and had just left it when ksp updated

Everything should work now....Thank you

5 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Those missiles definitely don't have the clearance they need to be fired properly. They are too close to each other. 

I slapped one together, and tested it in this video, seemed to work fine... AI Guard mode won't fire them, for some reason, but I can fire them manually.

KSP BDAc AMRAAM Testing (semi vertical launch system)

2 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I slapped one together, and tested it in this video, seemed to work fine... AI Guard mode won't fire them, for some reason, but I can fire them manually.

Yeah, I updated the version by offsetting the AMRAAMs' base to the TOW missile and then they had clearance. Do note that this is the modifed version, the original had fixed missiles on armor plates with more than enough clearance and the AI wouldn't fire them at all. The AI actually fires on the TOW version, but only if the dotted circle is close enough to the target. Manual fire works fine as always

Edited by NotAnAimbot

1 minute ago, TheKurgan said:

nOw1UpP.jpg

Yes, exact same settings bar the range and detonation distance. I can fire them manually fine, the AI won't fire them

The solution to make them fire at aircraft is to have the craft pointed directly towards the target, and having the missiles' elevation degree approximately match the target's elevation so that the dotted circle is close enough to your target. You can try that by rotating the vehicle using vessel mover and seeing in which positions it will shoot.

An image to help understand

9Z8ClAz.png

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Same 

Just now, NotAnAimbot said:

can fire them manually fine, the AI won't fire them

Same here, I don't know the reason.

Might be the maxOffBoresight = 50

Going to try maxOffBoresight = 135 see if that makes it work.

I'm sure the boresight range is probably the key here. The AA11b in SM Missiles and Launchers has a max off boresight of 150 and will launch from VLS at aircraft using AI, without any issue at all. You could probably increae the off boresight value to 180, but 135-150 should offer a good cone of defense around a ship. If the off-boresight is that high and the AI isn't utilizing it, check your settings for the missile itself. If it's not set to air/missile targets, that could also be the problem.

3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

check your settings for the missile itself. If it's not set to air/missile targets, that could also be the problem.

pretty sure we'd have found it a while ago if it was that easy lol

don't worry, I've been testing bda for quite a while and tried lots of solutions before concluding it was a bug.

Just now, NotAnAimbot said:

pretty sure we'd have found it a while ago if it was that easy lol

don't worry, I've been testing bda for quite a while and tried lots of solutions before concluding it was a bug.

You'd be surprised how easy solutions are often missed. And I've been a tester for BDAc for a while. I just cannot replicate this issue. All my missiles meant for VLS function fire from VLS under AI control.

3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

And I've been a tester for BDAc for a while. I just cannot replicate this issue. All my missiles meant for VLS function fire from VLS under AI control.

set up AIM-120 missiles vertically, and fly in a plane from afar. Or set em up diagonally, pointing away from a plane. Then, engage guard mode, and see what happens when the plane comes flying near. I'm only using base BDA and not any other addons

1 minute ago, NotAnAimbot said:

set up AIM-120 missiles vertically, and fly in a plane from afar. Or set em up diagonally, pointing away from a plane. Then, engage guard mode, and see what happens when the plane comes flying near. I'm only using base BDA and not any other addons

Your max off-boresight on an aim-120 is 50. Which is why I said the off boresight number could be an issue. If the missile you are using has a number below 90 degrees for offboresight it's probably not going to be used effectively, if at all, by the AI because it's limited to a small cone. Change the number to 135 or 150 and retry. (Adding to that, make sure you delete partdatabase.cfg, the MM cache files, and remove/replace the missiles on your craft before testing.)

5 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Change the number to 135 or 150 and retry

missileType = missile
        homingType = aam
        targetingType = radar
        activeRadarRange = 6000
        maxOffBoresight = 50
        lockedSensorFOV = 5

These are the files from a 1.3.1 AIM-120, in which VLS worked fine, which is why I didn't consider the boresight issue immediately. I'll try it next time I boot up tho

As for replacing missiles and the MM cache file, I found that my changes to missiles/weapons worked fine without doing so. Thanks for the notice tho, I'll do that from now on

17 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

changes to missiles/weapons worked fine without doing so

Only some changes will take effect without dumping the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file.

The image below shows all the missiles I have tuned in the last couple months, so I know about reloading and if you should delete the cache files lol ;)

Spoiler

bINWGqn.jpg

Oh, and depending how you are mounting them, I mean if you are using the stock BDAc missile rail, make it short as possible, and as tall as possible for the AMRAAM.

hey guys  i just updated this mod and now my craft wont load  saying missing parts bahaAgm86Bxx  can u guys help me out here.  was something taken out or what? 

ok  i just figured it out  U took out the Agm cruse ...

Edited by mechanicH

21 minutes ago, mechanicH said:

saying missing parts bahaAgm86Bxx

Yes, sorry about that, that missile was broken, and was removed... my fault. Do you know how to fix your .craft file? if not, upload it somewhere and send me the link. I can fix it for you.

open your .craft with notepad or notepad++, do a find/replace.

replace bahaAgm86Bxx with bahaAgm86B, choose replace all.

Save and try it out.

the 2 missiles are identical in size, shape, and nodes.. this will allow you to load the craft, and replace the missiles with fresh ones.

32 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Yes, sorry about that, that missile was broken, and was removed... my fault. Do you know how to fix your .craft file? if not, upload it somewhere and send me the link. I can fix it for you.

open your .craft with notepad or notepad++, do a find/replace.

replace bahaAgm86Bxx with bahaAgm86B, choose replace all.

Save and try it out.

the 2 missiles are identical in size, shape, and nodes.. this will allow you to load the craft, and replace the missiles with fresh ones.

ya  i tried that  and i totally messed up my craft lol....im still learning to manipulate the cfg files   im a noob...its ok  i deleted it  started to build new one ...its more fun for me this way ..i get to make it better now  ...thank you for your hard work btw.  love the mod. 

Wait till you see what im building  i think you will love it...ill post a pic of it  here if its ok with you.

Edited by mechanicH