[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

A quick note on using the surface AI.

3 modes available, use the correct one.  Land , Amphibious, and sea . In all modes drive will cease if the vehicle leaves the ground.

All self explanatory , and yes the Amphibious is just that , with a vehicle that is properly constructed for the task, can be launched from an offshore vessel and swim to the shore, while defending itself and then drive up the beach to continue the fight. Or the other way around, should the land forces get the upper hand.

All modes have been tested quite extensively in house, and without exception we have not found anything, in the normal range of craft that cannot be setup to work correctly. ( i don't consider submarines to be normal craft for most users)

The AI presents a multitude of settings , that can as mentioned be tuned, to run a tiny four wheel rover, made from stock parts with a gun stuck on the top , OR  a full size full weight 170mtr ASW cruiser,.  or for that matter half a dozen of them.

Experiment with drift and steering , as it will be different for every vehicle, and suspension setup will have an effect on how the AI drives it.  Always setup your vehicle before slapping on an AI , a well set up vehicle will fight well. 

See the teams various You Tube channels for videos of testing chaos. .

Same as always 1 weapon manager and 1 AI per vehicle. Do not fit both a surface and a pilot AI to a vehicle, bad things will happen, and you will be miserable.

Guard mode static battles are dead, long live surface AI

And finally special  thanks to the BDA coding team, without whom non of this would be possible

My antiviris (Norton) is removing the BDArmoury.Core.dll and PhysicsRangeExtender.dll files from the latest version.

Nevermind it's because it has a low reutation since it came out a few hours ago.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

27 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

do addons like north kerbin dynamics work with the new version?

Other BDAc based mods will certainly have to be updated to make use of any changes that might affect their performance or functionality.

45 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

So, I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong (this was installed fresh through CKAN), but, uh... "flare dispenser"?

HI. apologies for that slippage,  until an official fix is available . Browse to BDA/Parts/AmmoBox  and cut out the two CM cfg's you will find there (chaffDispenser.cfg and  flareDispenser.cfg). 
Paste those two cfg's into the BDA/Parts/cmDropper folder , overwriting the current contents. Which should then result in the correct part display as shown below .  Cheers

pIhkCnC.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Yeah, It was a mistake made with a last minute update to the drag cubes of the small parts, and we didn't notice it during the final testing.

Spanner beat me to it, but I'll post what I was going to say anyway lol.

Go to GameData\BDArmory\Parts\AmmoBox and cut the files chaffDispenser.cfg and flareDispenser.cfg

Paste them in the

GameData\BDArmory\Parts\cmDropper folder, overwriting the ones that are already there.

Edited by TheKurgan

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI. apologies for that slippage,  until an official fix is available . Browse to BDA/Parts/AmmoBox  and cut out the two CM cfg's you will find there (chaffDispenser.cfg and  flareDispenser.cfg). 
Paste those two cfg's into the BDA/Parts/cmDropper folder , overwriting the current contents. Which should then result in the correct part display as shown below .  Cheers

pIhkCnC.png

I found that the cmDropper config file was missing a model and texture reference. I copied the model reference from chaffDispenser, but that didn't fix it.

Thanks for the hotfix.

Edited by Box of Stardust

The flare dispenser and the chaff use the same model; and are initially mapped to the same texture.  Namely the tex_CMDispenser, This means that as the chafe dispenser needs to use a different texture , it will also need  a model node and texture reference.

There's no need to have a model node or texture path in flare dispenser as there's only one model that can possibly be used and it uses the mapped in mu texture. 

Which is also why it shows as the ammo box model when the dispenser files where in there , as TheKurgan points out,  any file that contains mesh=model.mu , will literally load any mu, it doesn't care, , the first one it finds, so as it was in the incorrect folder, it simply loaded the mu it found.

I have BDA installed, and the physics thing that it required, and i have the Weapon manager put on my vehicles, but when i click it, it always shows " No Weapon Manager". How do i connect the Weapon manager to the weapons if thats what it means, im in 1.4 now

Edited by Novananace

1 hour ago, Novananace said:

I have BDA installed, and the physics thing that it required, and i have the Weapon manager put on my vehicles, but when i click it, nothing shows up asides a VS buttion and blank button, along with " No Weapon Manager". How to i connect the Weapon manager to the weapons if thats what it means, im in 1.3.1

are u sure u installed the right version?

also anyone here have some clues why the two cruise missile has a clone?

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

Does the AI knows how to use laser targetting and bombing (or is there a minimum range for using missiles)? Also, the radar for planes on my computer is still broken. Instead of showing the planes yaw, the image is still black. By the way my hellfire missile blow up when attemting to light its engines.

Ksp v 1.4.2

Bd armory continued v 1.2

Edited by Xd the great

8 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

are u sure u installed the right version?

also anyone here have some clues why the two cruise missile has a clone?

Hi, why there are still 3 , only the powers that be can tell you. However,it was found the the original RBS15  exhaust fx were sub standard, and so the missile was  rebuilt from scratch, as mentioned we have non of the original assets, so there's no quick fix potential.  

The RBS comes in two flavours  Ground and Air launch, and that was arranged. The original now renamed xxRBS-15 Cruise Missile, should by all rights have been removed.  I'd advise against using the xxRBS-15 Cruise Missile as it's defective.

The two new ones on the left, the old defective original on the right,

owV2q7L.png

the howitzers have a bug for me, for some reason the bullets stay in mid air

https://gyazo.com/072c04e1e453267fa6994a3dd5c0a352

my mod list is pretty big so it may be something there

vesselmover

take command

infernal robotics

hullcam vds

kerbal foundaries

thoose are the only ones that should interfere with bdarmory and the rest are just visual mods 

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI KSP version and BDA version please, also  forcing non standard start options ie, open gl etc, is known to cause issues such as the pink lines shown in the image

version 1.4.2 bda version 1.2

the pink lines are debug aiming lines in the bdarmory options

Edited by AtleSt

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Does the AI knows how to use laser targetting

Yes, I can confirm that both the surface AI and the Pilot AI will use laser targeting.

(or is there a minimum range for using missiles)?

Yes, some missiles have a minimum launch range. I believe the Hellfire is 400 or 500 meters.

the radar for planes on my computer is still broken. Instead of showing the planes yaw, the image is still black.

I have not seen this. Please try a clean install of KSP 1.4.2, with BDAc 1.2.0, and PRE, and see if you still have the issue. 

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

my hellfire missile blow up when attemting to light its engines.

Use the stock BDAc missile rail, and make it as short as possible. If that does work, I'll have a look at the Hellfire and see if it was something I messed up.