[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

not sure if its just me, but the modular missile guidance (experimental) part causes insane amounts of drag, to the point that it completely dominates the aerodynamics of a medium sized missile. i dont think many people make their own missiles as i have now started to, so i might be one of the first to notice this. unless of course this is intentionally done for some reason, i think this needs a fix.

46 minutes ago, PossiblyPrecarious said:

Is it possible to fire multiple weapons at once?

Hi you can manually toggle on as many  turrets as you want , and they will all fire,  ROF and ammo supply permitting.   The AI can activate a number of same type turrets and fire them.  There are also two firing options Barrage and Salvo  Barrage will fire each gun  as it reloads , and Salvo will fire all guns at once.  Be aware that using salvo on large guns can push a several thousand tonne craft, as the recoil is multiplied, for example salvo firing 4 of my BL16 16" guns will push a 12000 tonne ship sideways at 12m/s

1 hour ago, Hojoz said:

Are there known compatibility issues with BDAc and Janitors Closet?

I didn't notice anything amiss last time i used JC,  can't see any reason there would be

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

6 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I use JC all the time, and I have no issue. What specifically are you seeing?

AI reluctant to use chaff, deciding flares are sufficient for such a job. I'll see how it goes without JC and if the issue still arises I'm reinstalling KSP entirely 

1 hour ago, Hojoz said:

AI reluctant to use chaff

Just tested it, the AI uses chaff fine for me. Can't be JC, there is no relation between it and BDAc... especially the AI part of it.

Has to be something else.

2 hours ago, Hojoz said:

AI reluctant to use chaff, deciding flares are sufficient for such a job. I'll see how it goes without JC and if the issue still arises I'm reinstalling KSP entirely 

KSP.log?

A simple upload of that file to a filesharing service and posting the link here would probably save you a lot of screwing around

(I even put it in the OP concerning support ... oh but who am I fooling, nobody reads the instructions anymore:confused:)

Are you sure the radar you using is a targeting radar? Some radars only track objects but don't lock on.

3 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Are you sure the radar you using is a targeting radar? Some radars only track objects but don't lock on.

I was trying to use the TWS radar in space. the TWS was working on there ground, but it didn't work in space.

31 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

I was trying to use the TWS radar in space. the TWS was working on there ground, but it didn't work in space.

So the TWS is not a space radar

On the subject of space, BDAc is not set up to work in space as of yet .... we have made inroads to this end but there is still much work to be done 

Please stand by :)

On 7/3/2018 at 8:40 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

So the TWS is not a space radar

On the subject of space, BDAc is not set up to work in space as of yet .... we have made inroads to this end but there is still much work to be done 

Please stand by :)

How do Beardy Penguin and TAPE get their radars to work in space? Different version? extra mods? You guys have a radar guided space missile, it needs a space radar. 

Edited by eskimo22

21 minutes ago, T-BobAerospace said:

Hey everyone. Having trouble with BDAc not taking damage. The missles work and everything but not the guns. Here is a video of this.

Wrong version of BDAc for your ksp version, forcing opengl or a borked install

The purple tracers come from either forcing opengl or using an older version of BDAc

So first thing to do would be to confirm you have the proper version of BDAc for your KSP version (download links in OP of this thread) and also install Pysics Range Extender (download links in the OP of this thread) then run the game without forcing opengl

If you then continue to experience this issue then we will need a copy of your KSP.log in order to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it for you ... KSP.log can be found in the same directory as the KSP x 64.exe and best practice is to zip the file and upload the zip to a filesharing service so the team can look at and search through the log to find out what is what

Ping me (put an @ in front of my forum name) if you need further assistance :)

22 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

How do Beardy Penguin and TAPE get their radars to work in space? Different version? extra mods? You guys have a radar guided space missile, it needs a space radar. 

Not sure who those guys are, but I have a space radar in my mod. Link is in my sig. KTech.

physics range extender causes my ships to flicker, "flicker fix" only makes the problem less bad, it does not fix it. I can't zoom in because my ship will start to disappear. what to do? 

Edited by eskimo22

6 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

physics range extender causes my ships to flicker, "flicker fix" only makes the problem less bad, it does not fix it. I can't zoom in because my ship will start to disappear. what to do? 

Reduce the range until you are happy with the flickering effect.

so i just encountered this weird bug - whenever i have more than 6 engines with afterburners on my ship, there is no sounds for the missile pods firing - it's only with afterburner engines like J-404 Panther (stock) or D30F7 Turbojet (B9 Aerospace) [at least i tested with these two], and only if its more than 6 of them, no matter if they're activated or not, and it's only the missile pods, the sound for the other weapons are fine.

KSP version: 1.4.4

used mods: BDAc, B9, B9 HX, Vessel Mover, Physics Range Extender, OPT, OPT Reconfig, KerbalFoundries

although the issue already existed with:

KSP version: 1.2.2

used mods: BDA, B9, B9 HX, OPT

not sure if i should send any logs or other files with it as it's nothing that crashes the game

oh, another thing, can you please reduce the minimum range of the Wing Command formation option - i wanna do like a bug swarm with a bunch of critter crawlers but it doesn't look the way i want it to as even on the lowest setting they're still way too far spread out... i tried digging in the files, but i didn't find it, at least not in the .cfg files which are the only ones i can open with Notepad++, i assume they are in any of the .ksp files but those just give incomprehensible gibberish with N++ and i couldn't find anything online on how to open them properly

2 hours ago, Nofabe said:

oh, another thing, can you please reduce the minimum range of the Wing Command formation option - i wanna do like a bug swarm with a bunch of critter crawlers but it doesn't look the way i want it to as even on the lowest setting they're still way too far spread out... i tried digging in the files, but i didn't find it, at least not in the .cfg files which are the only ones i can open with Notepad++, i assume they are in any of the .ksp files but those just give incomprehensible gibberish with N++ and i couldn't find anything online on how to open them properly

Go to the github and submit a feature/enhancement request so it doesn't get lost here.