[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

6 hours ago, Galane said:

I wonder if anything can be done to make B9 Procedural wings more damage resistant? They seem a lot more fragile than stock parts. One hit from a 20mm and *poof*, you're flying on a wing and a prayer, then just a prayer. :wink:

This will be fixed on future releases :)

20 minutes ago, /not/pol/ said:

Is there a sample Cfg file or documentation thats not FUBAR like the Stock BDAc Cfgs are, trying to make a pivoting turret but i cant make sense of the modules.

Hi BDA wiki link to part cfg options https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2-Part-Configuration

Nice simple clean cfg suitable for most purposes

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTurret

pitchTransformName = pitch
		yawTransformName = yaw

pitchSpeedDPS = 60
		yawSpeedDPS = 60

maxPitch = 85
		minPitch = -4

yawRange = 360

smoothRotation = true
		smoothMultiplier = 10
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWeapon

fireTransformName = fireTransform

hasDeployAnim = false
		//deployAnimName = 
		hasFireAnimation = true
		fireAnimName = xxxxxxx

roundsPerMinute = 22
		maxDeviation = 0.45
		maxEffectiveDistance = 6000
		maxTargetingRange = 16000

bulletMass = 6.3e-3
		bulletVelocity = 915
		ammoName = 76x636Ammo
		bulletType = 76x636mmBullet
		requestResourceAmount = 1

hasRecoil = true
		onlyFireInRange = false
		bulletDrop = true

weaponType = ballistic

projectileColor = 255, 90, 0, 128 //RGBA 0-255 
		startColor = 255, 105, 0, 70
		tracerStartWidth = 0.15
		tracerEndWidth = 0.05
		tracerLength = 0		
		maxHeat = 3600
		heatPerShot = 100
		heatLoss = 1000
		fireSoundPath = SM_Armory/Sounds/bb_fire
	    overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat
		explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/explode1

}

Happy to answer any questions you have.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi BDA wiki link to part cfg options https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2-Part-Configuration

Nice simple clean cfg suitable for most purposes

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTurret

pitchTransformName = pitch
		yawTransformName = yaw

pitchSpeedDPS = 60
		yawSpeedDPS = 60

maxPitch = 85
		minPitch = -4

yawRange = 360

smoothRotation = true
		smoothMultiplier = 10
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWeapon

fireTransformName = fireTransform

hasDeployAnim = false
		//deployAnimName = 
		hasFireAnimation = true
		fireAnimName = xxxxxxx

roundsPerMinute = 22
		maxDeviation = 0.45
		maxEffectiveDistance = 6000
		maxTargetingRange = 16000

bulletMass = 6.3e-3
		bulletVelocity = 915
		ammoName = 76x636Ammo
		bulletType = 76x636mmBullet
		requestResourceAmount = 1

hasRecoil = true
		onlyFireInRange = false
		bulletDrop = true

weaponType = ballistic

projectileColor = 255, 90, 0, 128 //RGBA 0-255 
		startColor = 255, 105, 0, 70
		tracerStartWidth = 0.15
		tracerEndWidth = 0.05
		tracerLength = 0		
		maxHeat = 3600
		heatPerShot = 100
		heatLoss = 1000
		fireSoundPath = SM_Armory/Sounds/bb_fire
	    overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat
		explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/explode1

}

Happy to answer any questions you have.

Ja i figured this out 10 minutes after posting, forgot to edit my post sorry, but now my turret is doing weird things, I'l DM you the details

18 minutes ago, Pupun2542 said:

Can't I use radar receiver with sonar?

I tried to make ASW aircraft with sonobouy but bouy cannot tranfer data to aircraft I put radar data receiver on ASW aircraft  

Right now the sonar shares the same window as the radar but does not have enhanced functionality besides differentiating between surface and submerged threats and not detecting anything above the water. The Radar Data Receiver is coded to only receive Radar information. They'll have to create a sonar data receiver at some point, or further increase the functionality of the RDR in order to share Sonar data.

5 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Right now the sonar shares the same window as the radar but does not have enhanced functionality besides differentiating between surface and submerged threats and not detecting anything above the water. The Radar Data Receiver is coded to only receive Radar information. They'll have to create a sonar data receiver at some point, or further increase the functionality of the RDR in order to share Sonar data.

Imagine trying to integrate sonar bouys into that nightmare

1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

Imagine trying to integrate sonar bouys into that nightmare

I'm sure it will happen. But they are finishing up their fixes to armor and stealth and all that takes some time. Not including who knows what else is being worked on behind the scenes. It's a lesson in patience for all of us that love BDArmory, to be sure.

Is there a compatibility issue with 1.3.1? I'm running BD Armory Continued and Physics Range Extender, but I'm not getting any of the weapons showing up in the parts lists, nor am I getting the BD Armory tab on the parts menu. I do get the armor pieces, but they're in the Structural Tab.

1 hour ago, CaptainPanda said:

Is there a compatibility issue with 1.3.1? I'm running BD Armory Continued and Physics Range Extender, but I'm not getting any of the weapons showing up in the parts lists, nor am I getting the BD Armory tab on the parts menu. I do get the armor pieces, but they're in the Structural Tab.

There is, make sure you are using the Beta version of BDAc

1 hour ago, CaptainPanda said:

BDAc v0.3.0.0 is only for KSP v1.3

There is a public Beta of the Radar and Stealth features that  is being worked on for KSP v1.3.1 that you can download ... you can find that here:

So the Guard mode does not work for me.
i have one AA vehicle on the ground with both a weapons manager and an ai pilot. team A
i myself am flying a drone also with both weapons manager and Ai pilot Team B.
AA vehicle is on guard mode with its visual range set to max and its weapon range as well but it just completely ignores me. i can fly super close past it but it just does not fire.
when i reverse the roles same thing happens. the drone just circles above the AA truck and does nothing. anyone have any ideas?

On 25/10/2017 at 12:11 PM, XOC2008 said:

Not including who knows what else is being worked on behind the scenes. It's a lesson in patience for all of us that love BDArmory, to be sure.

I can tell you that we are working at full throttle :)  on a completely  overhaul  of the  very core of BDArmory . This new implementation will provide a next-level of realism to the game experience :)

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi. have you installed the required physics  range extender  PRE?   , and more details on version used etc is required , please see first post for info on how to report issues and problems.   .

hey thanks for the reply. and sorry i'm new here so didn't know that i had to post version number. anyway yes i installed physics range extender but the weird thing is that it suddenly works! started the ksp this morning and the enemy now shoots back!

I have  BDMk22 issue. Sometimes, the interior view is too low, making the HUD unusable, as most of the FOV is the instrument panel, and the hud is near the top of the FOV. It only does this sometimes. Any fix? 

So, this might not be the right place to ask, but I couldn't find anywhere else: has anyone considered updating the non-weaponized B.Dynamics parts for 1.3? 

The long missed Critter Crawler hasn't worked since 1.2, but to my surprise the more "basic" parts--retractable RCS, engines, etc., are all broken in 1.3 as well. 

It's a long shot but would anyone consider getting them working? They were great parts. 

54 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

has anyone considered updating the non-weaponized B.Dynamics parts for 1.3? 

Hi i've just test run all the parts, deployable engines/RCS ,  with the exception of critter crawler, and using the last available version of animation modules from https://github.com/raidernick/BDAnimationModules/releases

And all parts  work as advertised ,  all functions are as far as i can tell in order.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi i've just test run all the parts, deployable engines/RCS ,  with the exception of critter crawler, and using the last available version of animation modules from https://github.com/raidernick/BDAnimationModules/releases

And all parts  work as advertised ,  all functions are as far as i can tell in order.

You know, I bet that's exactly the part that's broken on my end too. Thank you very much!