[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

4 hours ago, tyman_2001 said:

yes it is setup correctly. There are no buildings in the way and the visual range is set at maximum. My visual range maximum is 5,000m but the missiles dont fire until around 2000m. Can i increase the visual range with a better radar?

Your maximum visual range should be 20km on the gui slider if using the correct version of BDA

Hi all,

A new release of BDArmory for KSP 1.3 is ready !

You can download it from here:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v0.2.1.1

Remember that BDArmory needs Physics Range Extender. You can download it from here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.4.0

Changelog

v0.2.1.1
= Fixes =

• Recompiled and fixed for KSP 1.3.0

= New features=

• Modular Missile Guidance:
    New option to detonate an stage on proximity.
Edited by jrodriguez

3 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

May I ask, is it much of an upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.3 in terms of the required amount of work to be done for modders? If memory serves me right, going from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 saw a significant rework for mod makers. 

A lot of little detail changes it seems, and not all are advertised in the release notes. However It/s (/appears)  less painful and destructive than the jump from 1.13 to 1.20 which pretty much broke everything.

55 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

May I ask, is it much of an upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.3 in terms of the required amount of work to be done for modders? If memory serves me right, going from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 saw a significant rework for mod makers. 

It has been quite easy to upgrade it. However it will require a lot of effort if we want to localize the mod...

Do you take requests for suggestions for parts? I'd like to see an AIM-54 Phoenix added to this mod.

Phoenix_missile_at_Grumman_Memorial_Park

If not, can anyone give me tips for trying to make one?

2 hours ago, qzgy said:

Do you take requests for suggestions for parts? I'd like to see an AIM-54 Phoenix added to this mod.

Isn't that already a part of NKD?

1 hour ago, stickman939 said:

Is it? I've never really looked at that mod. I might take a look later today.

10 hours ago, qzgy said:

7 hours ago, stickman939 said:

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

Is it? I've never really looked at that mod. I might take a look later today.

It is already included in Blue Hawk Industries

On 5/28/2017 at 0:38 PM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

A new release of BDArmory for KSP 1.3 is ready !

You can download it from here:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v0.2.1.1

Remember that BDArmory needs Physics Range Extender. You can download it from here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.4.0

Changelog

v0.2.1.1
= Fixes =

• Recompiled and fixed for KSP 1.3.0

= New features=

• Modular Missile Guidance:
    New option to detonate an stage on proximity.

No... It does not work for 1.3, but if it does it might be one of the expansions I got for it which are: NAS, North Kerbin dynamics, CAL, Aviator arsenal. Tell me which one doesn't work if that's the case! :wink: 

12 minutes ago, Potato3478 said:

No... It does not work for 1.3, but if it does it might be one of the expansions I got for it which are: NAS, North Kerbin dynamics, CAL, Aviator arsenal. Tell me which one doesn't work if that's the case! :wink: 

You just made me waste 3 min of time retesting my own release. If you have problems with some of the other weapons packs you should be asking to the corresponding authors instead of throwing misleading information on this thread.

Edited by jrodriguez

On 30/05/2017 at 8:24 PM, Potato3478 said:

NAS not been updated since 1.2 , NKD  hasn't been updated in ages and the nuke effects and  area of effect of all explosions broken and have been for some time,  Cal  not up to date with BDA specs,  only AA i suspect out of all the mods listed is good the rest as noted on their respective threads are not 1.3 ready and in the case of NKD likely to mess with the rest of the game.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

21 hours ago, Potato3478 said:

Aviator arsenal works if you remove the .dll and dont use the stuka siren (or if you recompile that for 1.3, but personally i cant be bothered with a feature i dont use since it just doesnt work with the planes i make).  One change that you might wanna do to AA is add tracer frequency in the weapon.cfg (look at NAS and how their AA turrets do it) since all of the guns fire pure tracers and its a huge eyesore to watch (i dont think any nation in WW2 or like ever had pure tracer belts in MGs or cannons).

NAS turrets all work fine, but the things like CAL resizable ammo boxes DO NOT.  You can use the mod fine but you might need to make your own ammo boxes (not that hard, just take the default cannon shell box, resize as desired in the cfg, and add a different ammo type into it), or edit the turrets to have built in ammo stores (most come with some ammo but usually not enough), or just alter the guns to use BDA's built in cannonshells ammo resource (non authentic mass/size but theyll shoot it no prob).  Its alot of work if you want to make every gun useable, but if you only care for a few of them like me (i generally dont use anything larger caliber as i dont build that big, just a few of their guns like the 105mm and smaller calibers).  Also, NAS bombs work fine, but ive never used then in 1.3 so i cant be entirely sure about this (i did use some of them in 1.2.9), and as for things like torpedoes, i dont know as ive never used them in KSP (i dont really build water ships, just starships and dont use BDA on those actually anyways). 

Btw, make sure to remove all .dll files from both of those mods or the game will crash/refuse to start.  They are located in plugin folder i believe.

Ive never used NKD so i cant really comment on it, but the other 2 mods ive used (and do have loaded in KSP now) work fine with some minor tweaks even in 1.3.

Edited by panzer1b

I can confirm that AA does NOT work and was forced to remove it.  I have NDK working but i have not used any nukes, or torps yet. there was an update for Cal recently but i have not really dug into the a lot for bugs and not working items. 

On 5/30/2017 at 11:41 AM, TMasterson5 said:

It is already included in Blue Hawk Industries

So does P.E.W.

One glitch I've got is that when you select bombs, their reticle is directly under the craft. It's REEEEALLLLYYY annoying to attempt a stealth bombing when you have to fly 200 feet above the ground to launch your bombs. Just saying

10 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

One glitch I've got is that when you select bombs, their reticle is directly under the craft. It's REEEEALLLLYYY annoying to attempt a stealth bombing when you have to fly 200 feet above the ground to launch your bombs. Just saying

Which version of BDA are you using? 

Just now, jrodriguez said:

Which version of BDA are you using? 

uh..... let me check my gamedata

{
    "NAME":"BDArmory",
    "URL":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/raw/master/BahaTurret/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/BDArmory.version",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases",
    "GITHUB":
    {
        "USERNAME":"PapaJoesSoup",
        "REPOSITORY":"BDArmory",
        "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":0,
        "MINOR":11,
        "PATCH":1,
        "BUILD":6
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":2,
        "PATCH":1
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":1
    }
}

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Just throwing this out there .... if you are running BDAc v0.11.1.6 and the latest release is 2.1.1, I would guess that you aren't running the latest version of BDAc

:/

will the newest version work with 1.2.2? Because I'm running a modded save and I'm NOT in the mood to find a 1.3 update for about 15 mods