[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Hey guys, I just got back into KSP and BDA after about a year, and I need some help. When trying to fight an AA vehicle i made, I take off in a plane, line up my shot but I dont see the AA Vehicle down there and it pops back in around 300m, now i have checked the physics range and all that in BDA settings but it still just fails to render the stationary craft past 300m. And i know it isnt unloading the craft because i dont have any stutters when flying away from it, or going back to it. It would be awesome if someone can provide answers as to why this is happening, I really want to play KSP/BDA again after so long.

2 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

what'd is the keybind for opening the UI?

You shoud see an icon called PRE on the  right icons bar

1 hour ago, memeconnoiseur said:

@jrodriguez I finally tested out the SWBM using a plane on guard mode and well...

It worked perfectly, spot-on accurate, even hit the target after being launched away from the target

Thus, I believe that Modular missiles ONLY work as intended while the craft is in guard mode

I think you might found a gap. Would you mind to open an issue on  Github explaining which functionality are you missing?

1 hour ago, Bluejay0013 said:

Hey guys, I just got back into KSP and BDA after about a year, and I need some help. When trying to fight an AA vehicle i made, I take off in a plane, line up my shot but I dont see the AA Vehicle down there and it pops back in around 300m, now i have checked the physics range and all that in BDA settings but it still just fails to render the stationary craft past 300m. And i know it isnt unloading the craft because i dont have any stutters when flying away from it, or going back to it. It would be awesome if someone can provide answers as to why this is happening, I really want to play KSP/BDA again after so long.

I recommend reading the OP of this thread. Latest version of BDArmory requires the latest version of PhysicsRangeExtender mod ( look at my signature)

Edited by jrodriguez

39 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

no need for a Keybind as PRE has an app launcher button visible in flight scene, If you can't see a PRE button then you have either installed incorrectly or not installed  PRE

I reinstalled PRE and now I have the icon

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:
3 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

@jrodriguez I finally tested out the SWBM using a plane on guard mode and well...

It worked perfectly, spot-on accurate, even hit the target after being launched away from the target

Thus, I believe that Modular missiles ONLY work as intended while the craft is in guard mode

I think you might found a gap. Would you mind to open an issue on  Github explaining which functionality are you missing?

I used it the way you tested it in the video and it worked fine

what I meant by the missiles only work on guard mode is that they only work like a proper missile when the guard mode is on

How to force craft in guard mode to activate radars? Even when I activate radars manually, it doesn't fire over 5km as it can't see the enemy.

It actually turns turret, but only via radar slave turrets, not because it fires. It only stares at enemy until its 5km away. Turret has 35km range....

Edited by Toonu

48 minutes ago, Toonu said:

It actually turns turret, but only via radar slave turrets, not because it fires. It only stares at enemy until its 5km away. Turret has 35km range....

We are investigating issues right now with guard mode having issues engaging.  To be sure just wanted to check the basics 

1) whats is the min / max engagement distances of the missile? Some of these newer features have not been updated on all missiles in "stock" BDA

2) when you say turret, is this a gun engaging a 5KM target? The turrets have min/max engagement settings as well, not many of them have that kind of range.

If you can go to the main BDA Window and enable "Debug Labels" that will add more to the KSP log, I would like to see what the Guard messages are to see if they are matching with what I am looking into now..

Also I noticed if I toggle guard mode on/off it sometimes kicks the guard in the butt to fire.

9 minutes ago, gomker said:

We are investigating issues right now with guard mode having issues engaging.  To be sure just wanted to check the basics 

1) whats is the min / max engagement distances of the missile? Some of these newer features have not been updated on all missiles in "stock" BDA

2) when you say turret, is this a gun engaging a 5KM target? The turrets have min/max engagement settings as well, not many of them have that kind of range.

If you can go to the main BDA Window and enable "Debug Labels" that will add more to the KSP log, I would like to see what the Guard messages are to see if they are matching with what I am looking into now..

Also I noticed if I toggle guard mode on/off it sometimes kicks the guard in the butt to fire.

Ok, so...

I'm firing Mk 45 gun which has range of 25km in .cfg file. That won't be an issue. I'm still on 1.2 because few mods still isnt up to date. I'll post debug log soon, just have to launch KSP... :D

And here one picture where I lifter ship up to be in view range of FLIR and radar and still not firing.

Log will be here in 5 mins :wink:

EDIT: Actually I forceed guard to lock via clicking at radar screen, it wasn't done by him...

Edited by Toonu

10 minutes ago, Toonu said:

ship has chosen main gun, instead of 3 CIWS

Did you change the engagement options on the weapons? You can tell each weapon what to fire on, Air,Ground or missile. I would dedicate the CIWS to Missile.

Ok guys, changed visual range to 10km and it works now, but still, it's true that with PRE you can fire missiles onto ships 60km away(never tried, but 20km worked for me). So some radar&this extensions should help a lot.

@gomker

How to change engament options?

Edited by Toonu

1 minute ago, gomker said:

Coming soon - in my Feature branch for Subs/Sonar stuff

Great @gomker thanks for efforts :)

:)

Actually can you extend radar screen more than 20km?

And how assign each weapon target? Like you said CIWS a missile targets, isn't that in newer versions?

Edited by Toonu

4 minutes ago, Deathpuff12 said:

It's an option if you right click on the weapon itself.

@gomker

Sorry but where? I can't find it too on 1.2.2 KSP (latest BDA for that) Ok, answered above :wink:

Is it possible to extend radar 20+ km right now? Like cfg or something?

One last question, when I extend visual range to 60km, guns will still fire to 10km, right? Only rockets will engage on 60km range? 

Edited by Toonu

Yeah - all of this applies only to latest version

I set the missiles to engage Air only and CIWS for missile in this example

Just now, Toonu said:

Is it possible to extend radar 20+ km right now? Like cfg or something?

Technically speaking the radar has no "locked" range , only the view of the Radar window (which we are increasing to 40KM ). The detection range *was* locked before due to physics range, thus why we use Physics Extender now.

Radar works by doing Raycasts and detecting "hits"

I have a couple of questions. 

1. is there any reason the AIM-120's and AIM-9's have less than realistic ranges? Does RBDA correct this?

2. Where is RBDA for 1.2.2? I do not see it on github in releases.