[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

17 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Lasers aren't toys any longer and are in use by our Navy today. I refer to this AN/SEQ-3 Laser Weapon System or XN-1 LaWS and there are stronger ones already in production.

49 minutes ago, minepagan said:

They are also developing a system to mount lasers on the AH-64D Apache for anti-missile "active defense," and to replace/augment the chaingun. They conducted their first test this past week IIRC.

Just because laser have just been tested, doesnt mean it's not W.I.P. anymore.

And in reality, a laser is jst a light, despite what star wars tells you.

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Just because laser have just been tested, doesnt mean it's not W.I.P. anymore.

And in reality, a laser is jst a light, despite what star wars tells you.

Oh don't get me started on star wars.

Star wars "lasers" are not actually lasers, they are plasma bolts/cannons.

And a laser is not "jst a light." Nor "just a light." That's like saying a handgun is "just a fancy blowdart" or that a rocket is "just a big firework" - it's a gross oversimplification, a tactic often used to belittle an argument/technology/ect. by making it seem useless.

21 hours ago, Freefallninja said:

Hello, I'm having a problem on load with BDArmory. Every time it gets to the 50 cal ammo it crashes. It crashes on compiling the Universal Ammo Box. Here is my crash report if it helps at all. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFKYggzLkEQYTJHYkZuSkRoakE/view?usp=sharing

I have replicated it using just BD and Firespitter as well if it helps.

I need to see your KSP.log please and it appears that your firespitter isn't loading properly. is it the latest version?.

I'm sure that this has been asked before but is there anyway to use the AI flight computer to make ground vehicles move and hunt each other the way planes do? This is an amazing mod and I have seen it done before bt they didn't show if it was BDA or another mod.

13 minutes ago, jrf said:

I'm sure that this has been asked before but is there anyway to use the AI flight computer to make ground vehicles move and hunt each other the way planes do? This is an amazing mod and I have seen it done before bt they didn't show if it was BDA or another mod.

Hi it's on the list of things being or to be investigated . Though using BTG and guard mode combat can look fairly autonomous.  KOS with the right script and guard mode can be almost autonomous   The AI flight computer has a built in gain altitude function that causes mayhem with things that can't

Thank you very much for answering so quickly. I will look at those other mods to see if they will work for me. It would be really cool though if you guys could get that working. Keep up the great work.

20 minutes ago, Maverick69 said:

Hey guys, I'm having a problem starting the game. I click to start the game, when it gets to load the BD Armory mod it crashes.

Here it is the crash folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51vhgih4w210les/AADb3-K2HUCeTaRcK5N94v4ja?dl=0

Can i see your KSP.log please. 

Also you will need Physics Range extender and Firespitter to use BDA to it's fullest  AND most importantly you are running the BDA version for KSP 1.2.1 NOT 1.3 I'm guessing you want to run 1.3 but can't tell from the supplied logs which version you have

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

31 minutes ago, Maverick69 said:

where can I find it?

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases

Hi delete all previous versions, install all of the above and retry game. These links will not change over time and releases can always be found at these locations.

Don't know if anybody has already asked this but for some reason the Mod isn't working for me, I did a quick investigation of the mod directory to see if there was anything amiss and noticed Plugins were missing, I checked in the Zip file and it was also missing as well. Anybody else experiencing this or is is an issue solely on my end?

1 hour ago, Krulliam said:

Don't know if anybody has already asked this but for some reason the Mod isn't working for me, I did a quick investigation of the mod directory to see if there was anything amiss and noticed Plugins were missing, I checked in the Zip file and it was also missing as well. Anybody else experiencing this or is is an issue solely on my end?

which mod? This thread plays host to several (although I'm assuming you mean the 'main' one, BD Armory?)

12 hours ago, minepagan said:

which mod? This thread plays host to several (although I'm assuming you mean the 'main' one, BD Armory?)

Sorry, I should've been more specific :P

Yeah it's BDArmory, I got from PapaJoesSoup's GitHub if that's worth mentioning.

On 7/8/2017 at 3:14 PM, minepagan said:

it's a gross oversimplification, a tactic often used to belittle an argument/technology/ect. by making it seem useless.

Where is "useless" in my quote?

Also, the ways you said it was quite agressive... I was just saying something, not turning it into an argument...

On 7/7/2017 at 7:36 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, nothing wrong with tweakscale on radar, there are discussions in the team currently about TS and weapon scaling in general

Ah, that's great! I do have TS and that was the first thing I went for, resizing the dish, but... the option to do it wasnt there... I dont know if it should be or not... 

On 7/9/2017 at 0:13 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I need to see your KSP.log please and it appears that your firespitter isn't loading properly. is it the latest version?.

Thank you, yeah my Firespitter was out of date. Thanks for the help as BD is my most used mod!

13 minutes ago, Freefallninja said:

Hi you can do it that way , though a nicer way would be to use module manager and something like this

@PART[Your part OR part to be changed]:NEEDS[BDArmory] 
{
 %MODULE
{
  name = ModuleRadar
  omnidirectional = false
  scanRotationSpeed = 120
  directionalFieldOfView = 120
  lockRotationAngle = 4
  canRecieveRadarData = true
  minSignalThreshold = 80
  minLockedSignalThreshold = 100
  rwrThreatType = 1
}

}

It could be refined a bit further , but it gets you what you want,  most importantly doesn't alter the parts own cfg,    will not be overwritten by a parts update, and if you keep in a little folder with any others you make, it's easily transferable between  installs

I have a suggestion, how about having the BD Armory generate some combat missions? Generate some tanks and fighters in random spots on Kerbin, and give out missions in the Mission Control building for destroying them? or even ground rescue missions when you have to recover Kerbals surrounded by enemy tanks, or even fly over heavily defended areas for recon. Most well built planes can take off with AI control from relatively flat areas around Kerbin so terrain shouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe you could read the biome and generate boats for water, tanks for land, and only generate planes for relatively flat biomes?

Edited by goduranus

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

I have a suggestion, how about having the BD Armory generate some combat missions? Generate some tanks and fighters in random spots on Kerbin, and give out missions in the Mission Control building for destroying them? or even ground rescue missions when you have to recover Kerbals surrounded by enemy tanks, or even fly over heavily defended areas for recon. Most well built planes can take off with AI control from relatively flat areas around Kerbin so terrain shouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe you could read the biome and generate boats for water, tanks for land, and only generate planes for relatively flat biomes?

There are contract mods for this.

hey i have found a problem, i am testing ww2 prop planes and when i put them in a competition they dont shoot each other, they have guns and right ammo but will not shoot, and i can click and they shoot then but wont work by themselves, help!

4 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

hey i have found a problem, i am testing ww2 prop planes and when i put them in a competition they dont shoot each other, they have guns and right ammo but will not shoot, and i can click and they shoot then but wont work by themselves, help!

Please enable "debug labels" in the bda settings, and post a relevant log of the situation. 

Without a log my guesses would be: visual range too low (guard mode cannot see any target), or the guns are not set to engage air targets (right-click gun -> engagement settings).

Edited by TheDog