[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

I may have noticed a few features not documented, or are they documented somewhere I never noticed?

1.Radar module displays relative altitude, if the target is significantly higher it will show up as blue on radar, and if it is significantly lower it will show as brown on radar. Targets shown in blue can be locked on earlier than targets in brown it seems, simulating effect of terrain clutter?

2.Targets can become less visible by going perpendicular to the radar, seemingly because the air radar is modeled after the F-15 radar from DCS? Maybe the target has to be lower than the radar for this to happen, but I've definitely noticed targets turn invisible once they turn perpendicular during missile evasions.

I'm not sure but

1.Probably,that means we can use terrain masking!

2.Yes,because it has a smaller cross section

Edited by Waristheonlyway

1.Radar module displays relative altitude

Hi, just checked in case I'd missed something, but there's no facility for the radar to display any color apart from green. Not sure what you're seeing there.

Targets can become less visible by going perpendicular to the radar

Thats the way the radar has always worked.  Radar sees the world as black and white , craft being white, radar return is calculated from the number of black pixels obscured by white pixels. so there are various positions relative to radar in which the  target craft is blocking very few pixels, and therefore has a much diminished return

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, just checked in case I'd missed something, but there's no facility for the radar to display any color apart from green. Not sure what you're seeing there.

Thats the way the radar has always worked.  Radar sees the world as black and white , craft being white, radar return is calculated from the number of black pixels obscured by white pixels. so there are various positions relative to radar in which the  target craft is blocking very few pixels, and therefore has a much diminished return

1. Color coded relative altitude is a definitely a feature, see this screenshot:

Might have to go to full resolution to see that there are 3 targets, leftmost enemy is high, it's the highlighted target near the top, and is a blue blip on radar; center is about same altitude as the player's plane, right around where the nose is pointing, and is a green blip; rightmost target is low, it's left slightly left of the radar interface, and it's a brown blip on radar. I've been noticing that with default settings in BDAContinued 0.2.1.2, the AI will fire AMRAAMS on blue blips 1 km further than it will fire on brown blips.

H62vF2T.jpg

2. I checked, and the planes have bigger side profiles than front profiles, but they disappear from radar when flying perpendicular. According to some simulation game community this is apparently a real world phenomenon resulting from how early radar on an F-15 works. It's called "Notching". I suspect radar detection is not just based on number of pixels being blocked as I have always thought, but may have modifiers depending on relative altitude and heading. Maybe BD left some legacy code that simulate this effect but didn't document it? The radar in BDArmory is even called AN/APG-63, the same model as on old F-15s.

15PUa0T.jpg

Edited by goduranus

I sure hope issue #171 is being worked on as people are getting very frustrated by it and have started removing BDA, which is affecting the rest of us building stuff for it. Nothing more annoying then spending all that time setting up stuff to produce Youtube content only to have it ruined by explosions following vessels. Nobody is wanting to sit back and let the AI do everything. This issue is absolutely ruining the BDA experience for people and it's going to start showing soon.

16 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

I sure hope issue #171 is being worked on as people are getting very frustrated by it and have started removing BDA, which is affecting the rest of us building stuff for it. Nothing more annoying then spending all that time setting up stuff to produce Youtube content only to have it ruined by explosions following vessels. Nobody is wanting to sit back and let the AI do everything. This issue is absolutely ruining the BDA experience for people and it's going to start showing soon.

Well, if you want a fix for it the best you can do is to clone the repo and get your hands dirty playing with the emitters. 

Otherwise,  You will need to wait for some of us to get bored enough from our adventures to start  working on a fix for it.

Of course if you are willing to pay for it I might reconsider my priorities :)

Edited by jrodriguez

31 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Of course if you are willing to pay for it I might reconsider my priorities :)

That's to good! :) I would definitely consider this if it's a legit claim. I would clone and see what I could do, but that doesn't mean it would get implemented into the release if I did fix it and I'm not in the habit of wasting my time. In the mean time I'll just keep pushing everyone sending me complaints to the issues page.

You guys aren't paid for making this mod hmmm I get paid for mine through downloads and Youtube.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@goduranus is right, ive noticed it too. https://youtu.be/hoFfcTjwTIE

Skip to 1:59, and pay attention to the radar screen when I switch vessels.

17 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Skip to 1:59,

Well fair enough, I've really never noticed,  but then i spend more time devising ways to shoot aircraft down than flying them, most aircraft get an AI  enough attention to get it airborne .and left to it's own devices .

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

but that doesn't mean it would get implemented into the release if I did fix it

If it works it works, why would it not be included?. ( bit of an attitude problem?)  Just take a look at the github pull /commit history to see how many people have and do contribute.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

You guys aren't paid for making this mod hmmm I get paid for mine through downloads and Youtube.

would that be the one with the models and FX hijacked from NKD?

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hide contents

would that be the one with the models and FX hijacked from NKD?

You refer to version 1.3 no it didn't get many downloads and they weren't hijacked it was a simple work around that allowed NKD to work is all. As soon as harpwner returned all the NKD stuff was removed. Credit was given to @harpwner and everyone was told it was NKD.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

@SpannerMonkey(smce), you may remember me asking "why is my RWR not working" when i used the 1.2.2 version on 1.2.0. Well, now I have 1.2.2 and 1.2.2 version, and its not working properly. You see, it sometimes works, sometimes not. It will work for say a week, and stops working for about the same time. Then the pattern repeats. Ill post a log from both scenarios when I can.

5 hours ago, dundun92 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) You see, it sometimes works, sometimes not. 

By "not work" do you mean the rwr window is invisible?

This can happen after fresh installs, cause being:

In the settings.cfg there is a line for rwrwindowposition which specifies height and width = 0.0.

Manually changing that to 300x300 pixels makes the window appear again.

Edited by TheDog

5 hours ago, TheDog said:

By "not work" do you mean the rwr window is invisible?

This can happen after fresh installs, cause being:

In the settings.cfg there is a line for rwrwindowposition which specifies height and width = 0.0.

Manually changing that to 300x300 pixels makes the window appear again.

Yep, invisible. The noise is there though. But this isnt a fresh install. Ive had it for a couple of weeks, and it has worked sometimes. 

I have a question about BDMk22. Is it possible to add the hud to the stock cockpits? And, is it possible to have an IVA mfd with radar and RWR displays?

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

I have a question about BDMk22. Is it possible to add the hud to the stock cockpits? And, is it possible to have an IVA mfd with radar and RWR displays?

Replace the Internal node from the part you want the IVA on with

INTERNAL
    {
        name = mk22Internal
    }

Now the IVA / Prop question. I investigated doing this and it is not trivial to implement.  I researched how ScanSat an others get the data in RasterProp and it would require a significant amount of coding in areas most of the team is not familiar with.

20 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Yep, invisible. The noise is there though. But this isnt a fresh install. Ive had it for a couple of weeks, and it has worked sometimes. 

I've had this happen to me on occasion when my screen does res changes or windows does its janky handling of display port. The window gets set to coordinates that are outside view. Clear out your "BDAWindows" entries in settings.cfg and see if that helps, usually does for me.

30 minutes ago, gomker said:

Replace the Internal node from the part you want the IVA on with

INTERNAL
    {
        name = mk22Internal
    }

Now the IVA / Prop question. I investigated doing this and it is not trivial to implement.  I researched how ScanSat an others get the data in RasterProp and it would require a significant amount of coding in areas most of the team is not familiar with.

I've had this happen to me on occasion when my screen does res changes or windows does its janky handling of display port. The window gets set to coordinates that are outside view. Clear out your "BDAWindows" entries in settings.cfg and see if that helps, usually does for me.

OK! Could I get permission to distribute it the BDMk22 plugin in my pack here, it would be perfect.

Edited by Guest

• New DLL Changes - Full reinstall required!

• BDArmory Core : modularization of systems and features to ease integration for other mod makers

• Performance refactor and garbage collection improvements for better memory utilization

• New Features

• Adding new weaponClass - SLW - Ship Launched Weapon - intended to target surface vessels (splashed) and submarines (splashed and underwater)

• weaponClass.SLW is set by missileType torpedo or depthcharge

• New "Sonar" Implementation - If RWRThreatTypes is Sonar will not detect flying vessels, only surface ships and submersibles

• MAX_ACTIVE_RADAR_RANGE & MAX_ENGAGEMENT_RANGE added to settings.cfg for more control over ranged combat

• Updated checks for Landed and Splashed to be more accurate and account for sumbersibles

• Renamed "Ground" engagement option to "Surface" to better reflect behavior

• MM Patches updated for engagement options and torpedo types

• Issue Reference #201 for Sonar, RWR Types, engagement Types, torpedo targeting

• Increased Radar Range #170

• Logic for Smart Targeting should correct #216

• fixing issue with throttle mirroring when switching vessels

• adding gaurd mode back to editor, Solves #156

• Ballistic Missile guidance improvements

• Terminal Guidance will switch back to GPS target if no radar target is found

• Detonation damage code updated to correct for zombie missiles after OnCollision

• Update of Test craft

• New Parts

• For a full complement of sonar, torpedoes, depth charges and submarine parts see

•  

• Notes on Naval Combat Features

• Current implementation of "Sonar" reuses the current Radar code. Future state will have dedicated windows and naming convention
    • Activating a "Sonar" pod still says "Activate Radar"
    • A Sonar is defined by setting the rwrThreatType = 6
      • Sonar rules
        • Will only detect vessels that are underwater (> 20meters)
        • Sonar will not function if vessel is in flight
        • Sonar does not detect "Landed" vessels, only splashed
        • Normal Radar does not detect underwater vessels, still detects "Splashed" i.e. Boats
    • Engagment type "SLW" only targets underwater (submarines) and Splashed (Boats)

As always, BDA need PhysicsRangeExtender to work properly: https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

Demonstration Videos

Note - parts for these vessels are mainly found in SM Marine and Large Boat Parts
There is a new torpedo and sonar parts included in this release

Submarine and Sonar demonstration

Spoiler

Dipping Sonar
Thanks to @XOC2008

Spoiler

7 hours ago, gomker said:

• BDArmory Core : modularization of systems and features to ease integration for other mod makers

• Performance refactor and garbage collection improvements for better memory utilization

• New Features

• Adding new weaponClass - SLW - Ship Launched Weapon - intended to target surface vessels (splashed) and submarines (splashed and underwater)

• New "Sonar" Implementation - If RWRThreatTypes is Sonar will not detect flying vessels, only surface ships and submersibles

• MAX_ACTIVE_RADAR_RANGE & MAX_ENGAGEMENT_RANGE added to settings.cfg for more control over ranged combat

• Updated checks for Landed and Splashed to be more accurate and account for sumbersibles

• Issue Reference #201 for Sonar, RWR Types, engagement Types, torpedo targeting

• Detonation damage code updated to correct for zombie missiles after OnCollision

• Update of Test craft

• New Parts

• For a full complement of sonar, torpedoes, depth charges and submarine parts see

•  

• Current implementation of "Sonar" reuses the current Radar code. Future state will have dedicated windows and naming convention
      • Sonar rules
        • Normal Radar does not detect underwater vessels, still detects "Splashed" i.e. Boats
    • Engagment type "SLW" only targets underwater (submarines) and Splashed (Boats)

As always, BDA need PhysicsRangeExtender to work properly: https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

Demonstration Videos

Note - parts for these vessels are mainly found in SM Marine and Large Boat Parts

Reveal hidden contents

Dipping Sonar
Thanks to @XOC2008

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, that explains why the latest RBDA had the bda.core, the max ranges, and slw.

2 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

RBDA is always a dev/beta branch

So the features are in the RBDA release?(to the full extent)

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, gomker said:

• New Features

• Update of Test craft

• New Parts

•  

• Sonar rules

Demonstration Videos

Reveal hidden contents

Dipping Sonar
Thanks to @XOC2008

Hide contents

what mods are being used in the vids?

Edited by Cdodders

26 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Demonstration Videos

Note - parts for these vessels are mainly found in SM Marine and Large Boat Parts

also looks like scatter and eve.

26 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Hi almost all the equipment with notable exceptions is from SM Industries, Rotors are KRX, various flight control plugins etc. All the ships and weapons are either SMA or SMM, the helis are part of a developing project , and awful lot of stuff there :)