[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Is there proper documentation for the BDMk22 plugin or is it not designed to be used by modders, and is there ever going to be a way to get BDA Data onto JSI Monitor screens?

Edited by /not/pol/

On 7/28/2017 at 3:05 AM, dundun92 said:

I have a question about BDMk22. Is it possible to add the hud to the stock cockpits? And, is it possible to have an IVA mfd with radar and RWR displays?

*sigh*

On 7/28/2017 at 9:42 AM, gomker said:

Replace the Internal node from the part you want the IVA on with

INTERNAL
    {
        name = mk22Internal
    }

Now the IVA / Prop question. I investigated doing this and it is not trivial to implement.  I researched how ScanSat an others get the data in RasterProp and it would require a significant amount of coding in areas most of the team is not familiar with.

I've had this happen to me on occasion when my screen does res changes or windows does its janky handling of display port. The window gets set to coordinates that are outside view. Clear out your "BDAWindows" entries in settings.cfg and see if that helps, usually does for me.

Please read back before asking questions. 

1 hour ago, /not/pol/ said:

Is there proper documentation for the BDMk22 plugin or is it not designed to be used by modders, and is there ever going to be a way to get BDA Data onto JSI Monitor screens?

On 7/28/2017 at 10:11 AM, dundun92 said:

OK! Could I get permission to distribute it the BDMk22 plugin in my pack here, it would be perfect.

Baha technically did not leave a license on that one. I do not have any problem with it but @Papa_Joe is the definitive source for answers for this one.

20 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

had seen that already and i just wanted to know if it would ever be added as a major feature update

Rasterprop / IVA integration is a nice to have - as I said before, its not something easily done and would require a significant amount of work. If anyone else is up to tackling it we are open to collaboration as always.

6 minutes ago, gomker said:

Baha technically did not leave a license on that one. I do not have any problem with it but @Papa_Joe is the definitive source for answers for this one.

Answer is yes.  I believe I had licensing all resolved with it after some research... but that was lost when our forum post got eaten...

However, if you look on my Repo.  there should be a license.txt somewhere.  I know I did all the due diligence on that when we started.

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Answer is yes.  I believe I had licensing all resolved with it after some research... but that was lost when our forum post got eaten...

However, if you look on my Repo.  there should be a license.txt somewhere.  I know I did all the due diligence on that when we started.

Ok.

@Papa_Joe, if I am understanding you correctly, i have permission for PRE, BurnTogether, Destruction FX, and Vessel Mover, since they're under the same(or similar)licence?

3 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

@Papa_Joe, if I am understanding you correctly, i have permission for PRE, BurnTogether, Destruction FX, and Vessel Mover, since they're under the same(or similar)licence?

If your desire is to distribute them with your mod. yes.  We are working on making sure all know where to find the latest versions of each... Before the server ate our BDAc Thread, I had a very nice matrix that provided links, licenses, distributions, Forum links, and Wiki's where available.  It will take some time to rebuild that.

It will be incumbent on you to ensure you distribute the latest available version with each release...

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Well, im stuck on 1.2.2 for now anyway, FAR isnt updated yet. And I do have the links to all the github pages.

3 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Well, im stuck on 1.2.2 for now anyway, FAR isnt updated yet. And I do have the links to all the github pages.

Understood.  Latest available version compatible with the KSP version you are running against.  and yes licensing must be the same as we distribute. The forum Mods are very particular about licensing, so be sure you include our licensing with the distribution.  our distributions contain a license.txt, so that should be easy.

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

A question about the continued version of BDArmory, will it work with the BDArmory add-ons like North Kerbin Dynamics, Master tech weapons, ect. Because i would like to use nukes in KSP 1.3 and the Original BDArmory doesn't work with KSP 1.3 

The real question is will the add-ons work with BDArmory, since it's the core mod, otherwise those wouldn't work at all. The basic answer is yes, though you may experience some things not working properly as all bugs are being worked out of respective mods.

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

The real question is will the add-ons work with BDArmory, since it's the core mod, otherwise those wouldn't work at all. The basic answer is yes, though you may experience some things not working properly as all bugs are being worked out of respective mods.

Right. I may have to try out North Kerbin dynamics for a bit since i've heard that mushroom cloud/nuke effect can tend to not work with BDArmory continued. As for Master tech weapons, just installed it and it works like a charm.

Hello First time poster here

first off ty for a great mod :)

now to the problem

When i try to make some AI´s to fight against they ar not taking off unless i get realy close , and if i get to faar away again thay stop 

am i doing somthing wrong or is this a bugg that will be fixed later !!

//ty in advance 

29 minutes ago, Priestost said:

am i doing somthing wrong or is this a bugg that will be fixed later

Bda requires the use of PhysicsRangeExtender, see links in OP or on all download pages.

Edited by TheDog

45 minutes ago, Priestost said:

When i try to make some AI´s to fight against they ar not taking off unless i get realy close , and if i get to faar away again thay stop 

am i doing somthing wrong or is this a bugg that will be fixed later !!

Please read the OP of this thread for information regarding proper installation as well as issues links and download links for all of the BDAc family of mods (including Physics Range Extender)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

0.11.1.4 to 0.3.0.0 and it's confusing people.

Yeah, we realized that after the release. Next one is going to be 1.0 as its confusing with the numbering scheme as is.

21 minutes ago, /not/pol/ said:

The GAU-8 Avenger is mis-scaled, i put a 30x127mm

:lol:you're not serious are you? really, while playing game populated by little green men.  the 30x 127 imaginary  round fired by a lump of code wrapped in polys.:lol:

and of course this is just my opinion and not necessarily the views of anybody else their affiliates or employees .

And while there are many close to replicas it's always a compromise, whats the point of spending 40 hours making sure every part is exactly to scale, when 99% of people never notice, it gives the weapon no more ability than a stick with a fire Transform attached. Also while high precision modelling is a nice way to relax on personal projects it's very likely to become very much like work if you plan on having a decent range of weapons in your pack. 

I don't think anybody has ever claimed that BDAc was comprised of display quality weapon replicas.

I'm sure you would have some interest should you decide to make your own scaled perfect replica weapons set and make them work as you believe they should.  I wish you good luck with your perfect weapons project ..

11 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

Right. I may have to try out North Kerbin dynamics for a bit since i've heard that mushroom cloud/nuke effect can tend to not work with BDArmory continued.

I gave Harpwner a heads up. NKD will need a recompile for each release right now as he has a dependency built in for his build. Future releases will have an interface to keep this from happening allowing mod makers easier access without having to recompile for each release. Most pure part mods do not have this issue, NKD has his own effects, that is why a recompile is needed.

Edited by gomker

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

:lol:you're not serious are you? really, while playing game populated by little green men.  the 30x 127 imaginary  round fired by a lump of code wrapped in polys.:lol:

and of course this is just my opinion and not necessarily the views of anybody else their affiliates or employees .

And while there are many close to replicas it's always a compromise, whats the point of spending 40 hours making sure every part is exactly to scale, when 99% of people never notice, it gives the weapon no more ability than a stick with a fire Transform attached. Also while high precision modelling is a nice way to relax on personal projects it's very likely to become very much like work if you plan on having a decent range of weapons in your pack. 

I don't think anybody has ever claimed that BDAc was comprised of display quality weapon replicas.

I'm sure you would have some interest should you decide to make your own scaled perfect replica weapons set and make them work as you believe they should.  I wish you good luck with your perfect weapons project ..

... all i said was it was mis-scaled...

its stupidly oversized to be even somewhat reasonable. it looks out of place on even 2.5 meter parts. also - i am actually making properly scaled weapons

Spoiler

74378.png

Just now, /not/pol/ said:

.. all i said was it was mis-scaled...

It was your method of demonstrating that it was, to your mind badly scaled.  i found extremely amusing.

Certainly in the BDAc time period it's never been mentioned in an issues post. 

Most of the BDAc models are set in stone.  The team does not have access to the raw assets.    So without re-exporting through blender etc there's no way to update change or modify them.  ( it's not a problem for me , it's what i do) 

As you're well aware,  there's a multitude of weapon mods available, and I feel ( a general impression gained over nearly  a year of team interaction)   that aside from parts that demonstrate new features, it's very unlikely that the current BDA legacy parts will be changed in any significant way, there's little point when you can have almost any weapon type you can imagine in any form already, and easily downloadable from a forum thread near you . :)