[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

40 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It was your method of demonstrating that it was, to your mind badly scaled.  i found extremely amusing.

Certainly in the BDAc time period it's never been mentioned in an issues post. 

Most of the BDAc models are set in stone.  The team does not have access to the raw assets.    So without re-exporting through blender etc there's no way to update change or modify them.  ( it's not a problem for me , it's what i do) 

As you're well aware,  there's a multitude of weapon mods available, and I feel ( a general impression gained over nearly  a year of team interaction)   that aside from parts that demonstrate new features, it's very unlikely that the current BDA legacy parts will be changed in any significant way, there's little point when you can have almost any weapon type you can imagine in any form already, and easily downloadable from a forum thread near you . :) 

I was never saying that they need to be changed i was just pointing out that they are mis-scaled in comparison to the rounds they are chambered in

Edited by /not/pol/

1 hour ago, gomker said:

I gave Harpwner a heads up. NKD will need a recompile for each release right now as he has a dependency built in for his build. Future releases will have an interface to keep this from happening allowing mod makers easier access without having to recompile for each release. Most pure part mods do not have this issue, NKD has his own effects, that is why a recompile is needed.

Right, that makes sense. At least now when North Kerbin dynamcis works, I can nuke Kerbin for all the times it has blown up my rockets

I downloaded BD for 1.3 and I have the parts but I don't have the weapon manager/I don't know how to open it and I can't use the weapons (the bdarmory button at the top right isn't there). I can't make an action group to launch bombs or missiles. I used 1.2.2 BD Armory before and it worked fine. I don't think I'm missing any files. 

Edited by Cryptic

3 hours ago, Cryptic said:

I downloaded BD for 1.3 and I have the parts but I don't have the weapon manager/I don't know how to open it and I can't use the weapons (the bdarmory button at the top right isn't there). I can't make an action group to launch bombs or missiles. I used 1.2.2 BD Armory before and it worked fine. I don't think I'm missing any files. 

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a solution to your issue due to the lack of information provided

Please refer to the OP of this thread where you will find information on how to help us help you

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Most of the BDAc models are set in stone.  The team does not have access to the raw assets.    So without re-exporting through blender etc there's no way to update change or modify them.  ( it's not a problem for me , it's what i do) 

Ummm so why then are you not redoing them, seeing how it's no problem for you. Not having access to the original files doesn't mean you can't make new ones, that are correctly scaled and built, seeing how it's what you do.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

6 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Ummm so why then are you not redoing them, seeing how it's no problem for you. Not having access to the original files doesn't mean you can't make new ones, that are correctly scaled and built, seeing how it's what you do.

Because on the scale of things it's not very important to anyone it appears except a very small minority . [snip] AS for the why not, because i don't see the point.

( and before this goes any further you will not be able to persuade me that I'm wrong, I accept your opinion is as valid as anyone else's and that is all.)

Plus of course the development team have no desire to perform such a lengthy  task in order to keep an unhappy few quiet. 

As i mentioned previously anyone free to construct perfect weapon replicas if you so wish, and many other players don't use BDA weapons at all( you can happily delete every part except the WM and PAI and use only the weapons that meet your strict criteria).

Perfect scale or replicas have never been a feature of BDA and I'd imagine BDAc will continue , with an emphasis on high value, low impact fun.  Tens of thousands of other players quite happily use BDA without getting hung up on what is, to those same thousands a complete irrelevance

Edited by Vanamonde

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Because on the scale of things it's not very important to anyone it appears except you .

Just thought I'd point this out: /not/pol/ was the one you were talking to originally. Now you're talking to Next Star Industries...

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Ummm so why then are you not redoing them .....

When you boil it down it comes to the fact that the BDAc team decided to continue with maintaining and improving BDAc with the emphasis on it being a platform for other modders to build off of

If you want more realistic weapons then download one or some of the multitude of BDAc addons that are out there ... or you can go make a BDAc addon the way you want it to be

The team, and I emphasize team, has an interest in developing, adding and improving the features of BDAc so as to make it easier for others to make addons that use the functionality of BDAc

However I do feel that taking assets from other mods and passing them off as your own is in bad form

Edited by DoctorDavinci

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

However I do feel that taking assets from other mods and passing them off as your own in bad formH

I didn't pass them as my own it was clearly stated multiple times over that it was nothing but a trimmed down version of NKD to allow it work in KSP 1.3 which also allowed it to work in KSP 1.2.2. The way I modified it so much it didn't seem right to release it in the NKD name and I spoke to harpwner about it and he understood why the name change happened and liked the fact I was trying to keep his mod alive at the same time create my own which I have done. 

[snip] 

Edited by Vanamonde

37 minutes ago, Natso said:

Uwhat mod help you keep balance helicopter , my plane can't balance control after take off 

For helicopters try TCA (throttle controlled avionics) - it has functions like auto-hover etc. Works great for my choppers, though you need to build something that is not completely unstable in the first place, ofc.

12 hours ago, MinnusMarch said:

Hello,I've uesd the 0.3.0.0 version,and I found a question and did't know how to solve it.

I set the AI pilot,burn the engines,and when I activate pilot,the engine shut down.

Is it a bug?

Assuming you have the AI Autopilot part on the plane you only should need to "Activate" the pilot. The in-game KSPedia has illustrated instructions.

6 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

How do you engage/make the bombs? When I try to arm them it says no weapon manager found. I try right clicked and everytime I click jettsion or fire It Dissapears!

Plus, the only options in the manager is VS button, and the settings. Help!

I'm going to say that from that explanation alone, you have installed something incorrectly. If you've got the Weapon Manager and it isn't working, that would be my first guess. What version of KSP and what version of BDArmory do you have?

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

I'm going to say that from that explanation alone, you have installed something incorrectly. If you've got the Weapon Manager and it isn't working, that would be my first guess. What version of KSP and what version of BDArmory do you have?

KSP Version 3.0 and BDArmory Version 0.3.0.0 and the manager is working, but not how I expected.

I'm having a problem with my attack aircraft, it tends to discharge missiles from left wing first, making the plane unbalanced. Is there a way to get BD armory to use missiles/bombs in a specific order?

Edited by RuBisCO

With the whole Modular Missile thing, is it possible for the missile to show up in the weapon manager? I am trying to put a missile in the VLS tube (from large ship parts), but I can't exactly figure out how to launch it. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, RuBisCO said:

I'm having a problem with my attack aircraft, it tends to discharge missiles from left wing first, making the plane unbalanced. Is there a way to get BD armory to use missiles/bombs in a specific order?

From what I understand, the code chooses weapons based on what it thinks has the best chance to hit at that time. I assume this goes for what position the missile is in when it fires. Though personally what I've noticed is that BDA will choose missiles based on the order in which they were put on the craft. 

Just now, GiantTank said:

With the whole Modular Missile thing, is it possible for the missile to show up in the weapon manager? I am trying to put a missile in the VLS tube (from large ship parts), but I can't exactly figure out how to launch it. Thanks!

If you made it following the instructions, you need a decoupler in the bottom of the VLS tube to attach the missile to. But the missile should, yes, show up in the WM list.

Anyone gonna help me?

53 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

How do you engage/make the bombs? When I try to arm them it says no weapon manager found. I try right clicked and everytime I click jettsion or fire It Dissapears!

Plus, the only options in the manager is VS button, and the settings. Help!

42 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

KSP Version 3.0 and BDArmory Version 0.3.0.0 and the manager is working, but not how I expected.

w

4 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Anyone gonna help me?

w

Not if you have no patience. People don't just sit here waiting for questions to answer. Hell man, you only just asked this question and it hasn't even been an hour.