[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

On 07/08/2017 at 4:01 PM, CrayzeeMonkey said:

How exactly does the terminal guidance mode in BDArmory's cruise missiles work?

A just by chance almost perfect example of cruise missiles and radar terminal guidance working beautifully.  There are other things of note as well in the video, but that's the relevant part you're interested in.

Spoiler

On 07/08/2017 at 4:01 PM, CrayzeeMonkey said:

What's the deal? Is there some magical hidden config patch hidden somewhere adding that second attachment node we see on the missiles booster end in game?

Hi I may be partly responsible as i have patches in SM mods that do add extra tail nodes to a number of missiles, as i extensively use VLS and launch tubes ( and never srf attach a missile anywhere) . In previous times most missiles only had facility for rail type attachment , either by surface or node attach, as the main group was air to air or air to ground   ground launched and ship launched were in the minority and so were the launchers for them.

1 hour ago, N8-Toe said:

Are any of the mods that added contracts related to BD armory active?

Please be more specific.

If you are asking if there are any contracts that use BD armory, yes there are. I forgot the names, but i think there was one called "air defense contracts"

On 8/6/2017 at 1:53 AM, jrodriguez said:

Hi! 

This was done on purpose :) Some jet engines can drain your liquid fuel for all your tanks at the same time even when using decouplers. 

The best way to keep the missile isolated is locking every single resource it has until you fire it. And that is the way I have implemented it. 

But If you have found an issue or you have an enhancement proposal you can add an entry on github explaining it :)

It turns out you are right on this. I never noticed it because I always have resources obey crossfeed rules turned on. But I just realized that you can set fuel to not obey crossfeed in game settings.

Edited by goduranus

20 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Hey guys,

Anyone have the problem of not being able to open up the weapon manager GUI in the newest version? Like it always says "no weapon manager found". Also, there's always two BDarmory part sections on the left in SPH.

Please help!

Many thanks!

Do you have a weapon manager on your craft? Did you install it correctly? It sounds like you have installed a second BDArmory and they are competing for resources and therefore have broken everything.

2 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Do you have a weapon manager on your craft? Did you install it correctly? It sounds like you have installed a second BDArmory and they are competing for resources and therefore have broken everything.

I do have a weapon manager. I do also have BDaweapons extension pack installed, so maybe that's cause the issue. 

Also, is it just me or all the bombs (guided and unguided) tend to fall short of its target in the newest version of BDA? Even the ones with GPS guidance. 

9 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

I do also have BDaweapons extension pack installed,

But BDA doesn't have an extension pack...

It sounds like you have two BDA's. The folders must have merged together, making it look like you have only one.

Try reinstalling BD, and make sure you have only one folder that says "BDArmory"

Edited by Murican_Jeb

1 hour ago, william2002730 said:

BDaweapons extension pack installed, so maybe that's cause the issue

Please note that @Next_Star_Industries's BDArmory Weapons Extention is not affiliated with BDAc nor the BDAc team ... if you are experiencing problems with this mod, please report it on its thread

I suggest doing what @Murican_Jebsuggested and try reinstalling BDAc into a clean KSP install and slowly add back your other mods to find out which is the culprit or if you happened to install one of them the wrong way

If you are still experiencing issues, please read the OP of this thread where you will easily find information on how to help us (the BDAc team) help you :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, william2002730 said:

I do have a weapon manager. I do also have BDaweapons extension pack installed, so maybe that's cause the issue. 

Also, is it just me or all the bombs (guided and unguided) tend to fall short of its target in the newest version of BDA? Even the ones with GPS guidance. 

Please report any issues with BDArmory Weapons Extension here not on this thread, as it has been stated, I'm not a part of the BDA team nor do I plan to be. It does sound to me, like others have stated, that you have multiple installs of BDAc by the double BDA tab in the editor. To be more specific you have 2 of the same .dll files installed. Although this isn't the place for this: BDArmory Weapons Extension will have it's own folder inside the Data folder, do not combine folders as this will create a major conflict.

I do have a question for the BDA team. Is there any talk, plan ,or in the works of career mode balancing or is this just for mainly sandbox games? Just curious.

2 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

I do have a question for the BDA team. Is there any talk, plan ,or in the works of career mode balancing or is this just for mainly sandbox games? Just curious.

It is not really one of our plans atm, afaik.

If you have suggestions for that (technodes, part costs), or even better pull requests with config changes, or mm patches, we will happily consider integrating them.

Edited by TheDog

On 8/7/2017 at 1:30 PM, TheDog said:

That's how it works, yes. The missile has an active radar for terminal guidance. It will search it's Target itself, no need to lock sth by the launching vessel.

*snip*

Yes, It's working for me now. It's just that most of my ships go along at a steady 36m/s, which depending on its heading not giving missiles enough space to lock on and hit the target. Though I've seen some missiles that lock on at the last minute and hook into the ships sides or back. I can also tell it works as occasionally the RWR detects the missiles lock. Thanks!

What will the sonar look like after it has surpassed its radar placeholder stage? Are sonar 'phenomena' like the thermal layer and maybe even biological noise going to be added?

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

2 hours ago, riddik said:

I have a question guys. Why ai in the protection mode shoots each other in space (shoots only on launched missiles)?

Did you set the weapon manager to target all or to target missiles?

I recommend starting up KSP and opening the KSPedia in game where you will find our BDPedia ... it contains a wealth of information on the operation of BDAc and I am quite confident that you will become a BDAc master in no time after reading our instruction manual

:)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

33 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

As far as me, I have no issues with any type of bombs falling short of targets and I do hundreds of bombing tests. So in my opinion it must be something on your doing on your end.

6 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

As far as me, I have no issues with any type of bombs falling short of targets and I do hundreds of bombing tests. So in my opinion it must be something on your doing on your end.

I just fixed it! there was a script for the bombs that I incorrectly installed. All good now.

Thank you though.

Hi, am I doing something wrong? or does the Small High Explosive warhead not do very much? I've put it on a modular missile with explosion override at 30m yet the enemy plane was undamaged. I've also tried detonating it on the ground but the damage don't seem to go more than a few meters, despite the description saying it has a blast radius of 150m. Is there any additional settings that need to be set for it to work?

43 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Hi, am I doing something wrong? or does the Small High Explosive warhead not do very much? I've put it on a modular missile with explosion override at 30m yet the enemy plane was undamaged. I've also tried detonating it on the ground but the damage don't seem to go more than a few meters, despite the description saying it has a blast radius of 150m. Is there any additional settings that need to be set for it to work?

Did you try it without the override?

Also could you post a craft file of the missile?

For whatever reason missiles and bombs tend not to do a lot against my armor plates. A 100mm plate (BDARMOR = 100) could eat 6 torpedoes and not be damaged, leaving me with only NAS cannons to damage the plates. What are the factors that affect the damage towards armored plates?

52 minutes ago, stickman939 said:

Did you try it without the override?

Also could you post a craft file of the missile?

I tried it without override on the MMG, the warhead doesn't seem to explode without it. Here's the craft file, modular missile is AIM-54 in the weapons menu. Thanks for taking a look.

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/F-18C-Hornet-AIM-54-Nooverride

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

---EDIT---

I just noticed that we already opened one! 

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/256

Edited by jrodriguez