[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

8 hours ago, ColonelVInnie said:

For whatever reason missiles and bombs tend not to do a lot against my armor plates. A 100mm plate (BDARMOR = 100) could eat 6 torpedoes and not be damaged, leaving me with only NAS cannons to damage the plates. What are the factors that affect the damage towards armored plates?

Hi under intense investigation we discovered some serious issues with the current armor and it's tie in to the bullet system.  To which end   armor is currently being overhauled and accordingly everything will need to be re balanced once we have the performance that was intended.  Any results up till the fix is in are skewed and armor is terminally OP

Hi, I have a hopefully simple request for the Vessel Mover that I hopefully already found the right code for implementing.

I noticed that vessels spawned by by Vessel Mover have the actiongroup Gear = False where as vessels spawned with the SPH have Gear = True. This is preventing the use of Gear actiongroup to make BD Armory Autopilot AI automatically do certain things during takeoff, like jettisoning JATO rockets or toggling radars on crafts spawned by the Vessel Mover. Where as these are possible with crafts spawned on the runway or SPH. So I would like to request that spawned vessels are set to Gear = True.

I did some research and looked at SirDiazo's AutoAction mod, and may have come up the code to do this. In VesselSpawn.cs, line 657, add this?

v.ActionGroups.SetGroup(KSPActionGroup.Gear, true);

Maybe line 657 isn't the right place? as I think the actiongroup should be set before parts on the vessel are loaded in, to prevent premature activation. But I wasn't able to understand VesselSpawn.cs enough to suggest where else to put it.

I also created an Issue https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/VesselMover/issues/37, but since the last post was a month ago I made a forum post just in case it's rarely visited.

Edited by goduranus

9 hours ago, ColonelVInnie said:

Adding to the previous post I would also hope that the vessels start with brakes on. Having vessels sliding around is not exactly pleasant,

But whats wrong with activating the brakes yourself? It's just 1 buttton to click...

28 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

ok

I see you are new to the Forums and in case you didn't know the "OP" is the first post to a thread the "Opening Post". Most if not all mod creators will place detailed instructions on how to install and what dependencies are required to be installed in the "OP".

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

7 hours ago, ColonelVInnie said:

It's a problem when you place things like 16 bombers and a few dozen fighters like I do.

Although as you can't place more than one craft at one time, even before the craft can move you have to physically place it on the ground,  and  locking brakes activating engines, setting teams etc is all part of the AI setup, it can all be done  before you even place the craft on the ground.

I could understand if on the other hand  VM dropped the aircraft wherever it wanted, with no input from the user , but it doesn't. You choose where to place it, the angle of placement, even how it's finally placed on the ground , is all on you

Setting up large combat and weapon test scenarios is something I do a lot ( as do most of the team) , and of all the annoyances setting the brakes is fairly minor. As Doc Davinci mentioned Quickbrake takes care of it nicely,

3 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

I have it installed correctly but the tab appearing in the vab or the sph. I need help please!

Hi please refer to the first post for details we need in order for us to provide proper support. Only two known causes for your problem,  1 incorrect installation or 2 installation of incorrect version, As you have provided no other details those suggestions are the best guess

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi please refer to the first post for details you need in order for us to provide proper support. Only two known causes for your problem,  1 incorrect installation or 2 installation of incorrect version, As you have provided no other details those suggestions are the best guess

I have it installed in 1.3 but when I download it from SpaceDock I don't see the tab :( 

2 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Hi you have indeed installed the mod incorrectly.  your file path  is currently "at /Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/BahaTurret/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/" when  it should be  "at /Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/BDArmory/"

20 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi you have indeed installed the mod incorrectly.  your file path  is currently "at /Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/BahaTurret/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/" when  it should be  "at /Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/BDArmory/"

A correct download please?